PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's 17 year old son Brian arrested at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would the stadium sale him beer did they look at he's ID

or did he walk in drunk ?

I'm almost positive he didn't buy the beer from the stadium. It probly happened tailgating in the parking lot.

I drank alot at 17, but never at my dad's office.

Is it illegal to drink at age 17 in the USA???
That's ridiculous.

That's due to a cultural respect for alcohol that doesn't exist here. And don't tell me that there's no correlation between heavy teen drinking and adult alcoholism and drunk driving.

I'm with you on both accounts.

Underage drinking at 17. Ooooh lock him up :D

As the saying goes, I'm sure the police could find better things to be doing.

Could not agree more. the alcohol laws in this country are laughable.

That's due to a cultural respect for alcohol that doesn't exist here.

And you don't think that lack of cultural respect for alchohol is partially due to being forced to have your first experience with it in a binge drinking situation?

And don't tell me that there's no correlation between heavy teen drinking and adult alcoholism and drunk driving.

Theres a whole lot of evidence that addiction is partially genetic. So no, I don't think teen drinking and adult alcoholism is related. In my anecdotal experience, the kids who drank during highschool are doing ok. The kids who didn't start drinking till late in college, or until they turned 21? Not so much.

And you don't think that lack of cultural respect for alchohol is partially due to being forced to have your first experience with it in a binge drinking situation?

Theres a whole lot of evidence that addiction is partially genetic. So no, I don't think teen drinking and adult alcoholism is related. In my anecdotal experience, the kids who drank during highschool are doing ok. The kids who didn't start drinking till late in college, or until they turned 21? Not so much.

I dunno....lemme watch some TV beer commercials and I'll get back to you.

As far as genetics go...I'm Anglo-Irish so I can't figure out why people have an issue with me having a little "holy water" in my morning coffee.

The police did the right thing here, 17 years old and drinking is not something you want to be caught doing. Sure, most people get a warning, but at the stadium they probably either kick you out or arrest you.

Since he isn't getting kicked out, he got arrested.

Nothing to really see here, I am sure Belichick will have some harsh words for Belichick.

Here's the deal with teens drinking, drugging, etc.: human beings are hardwired to seek out and experiment with altered states of consciousness at that age. That's why this stuff happens with a majority of teen-agers. The best that can be hoped for is that they survive it without harming themselves or someone else in the process. Most do.

And let those that have never done or did anything stupid in their College and High School years cast the first stone. <crickets>

Clayton? ...

Here's the deal with teens drinking, drugging, etc.: human beings are hardwired to seek out and experiment with altered states of consciousness at that age. That's why this stuff happens with a majority of teen-agers. The best that can be hoped for is that they survive it without harming themselves or someone else in the process. Most do.

Right, so wouldn't it be better to make it possible for them to do these sorts of things in a space with some checks? Like a bar, where the bar tender can cut you off, rather than out in the woods somewhere?

The younger generations want to rebel against their elders.
It's a natural part of the growth process.
It happened 1000 years ago, it happened to everyone on this board who rebelled against some sort of target.

Until people realize that by telling somebody NOT do to something they are guaranteeing that it will get done by those opposed to the values of the rule setters. It's just that simple.

I don't like you, therefore anything you tell me to do or not do I will undermine in any way I can. So you tell a kid not to drink, and there is no better way to guarantee that he WILL drink.

Look at how prohibition ended up.
But hey, what do we know??? We're just people. We didn't study this sort of thing in some criminal justice class where the psychology of the human being is 100% understood.

Keep making rules, and they will keep being broken.
Now if you made rules along the lines of... at the age of 17, YOU must get drunk, and do it @ at a bar with paramedics and adults who can cut kids off. Wouldn't that make much more sense????! (Police... think DETAILS!!), and hell I bet kids wouldn't drink solely on the principle that this thing is endorsed by the MAN.

It's 25 in India.

It's 4 months in China.

My daughter in-law from Germany says its even legal to get married at 14 out there! - Now thats wild!

My daughter in-law from Germany says its even legal to get married at 14 out there! - Now thats wild!

You can be married at 13 in NH.

The law is complicated in New Hampshire. Individuals under the age of 18 may not marry in New Hampshire without parental approval and a judicial waiver. Brides must be at least 13 years of age and grooms must be at least 14 years of age before their parents can apply for a judicial waiver.

There are atleast a dozen states that allow 14 and 15 year olds to petition. The rest allow it at 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back