PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First timers in Foxborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to say that there is nothing wrong with sipping wine at the game. Not that I've done that, but if that is what they want to drink, it is fine with me.
That's a great post right there. What's your opinion on sipping wine AND looking at one's smartphone at a football game?

WineIsForClassyClassyMen_174.jpg

Last edited:
I'd just like to say that there is nothing wrong with sipping wine at the game. Not that I've done that, but if that is what they want to drink, it is fine with me.
LOL, agree! I only drink wine (although it's usually before the game as they don't sell the kind I like, or at many places, at Gillette) and it fuels my loud screaming throughout the game!

Don't kill me Tune. I only take out my phone during half time!
So you watch the game while sipping your wine? Or do you guzzle it?

So you watch the game while sipping your wine? Or do you guzzle it?
I sip it before the game, until it's time to go, then i guzzle it. ;-) I rarely leave my seat at the game (although my old lady bladder betrays me nowadays). I don't like to miss anything and I don't like to stand in line.

Last edited:
When I went there for the Cleveland game in 2013 me and the Mrs got the 'Bowl Bus' from South Station. It was cheap and got us to and from Boston. Though getting there early when we we the first in the car park was an issue as when we went back the car park was packed. I had to look in every bus for a huge black driver in a red top. Miraculously I found him!

Hi,
This is a really helpful thread.

I am a Patriots fan from Kintore, Scotland in the United Kingdom.

I've been lucky enough to secure some tickets to the Falcons game on Oct 22, 2017 which is an 8.30pm start.

We will be driving to the game from just north of Boston. Is there any advice people can give on how long it will take to get to the Stadium with a game on, when we should leave to get there and what time we should look to get to the stadium for? We have a parking permit for the stadium.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi,
This is a really helpful thread.

I am a Patriots fan from Kintore, Scotland in the United Kingdom.

I've been lucky enough to secure some tickets to the Falcons game on Oct 22, 2017 which is an 8.30pm start.

We will be driving to the game from just north of Boston. Is there any advice people can give on how long it will take to get to the Stadium with a game on, when we should leave to get there and what time we should look to get to the stadium for? We have a parking permit for the stadium.

Thanks for the advice.
Game day is weird. I've seen where o wait an extra half hour to leave and have it wind up meaning an extra hour and a half drive. The closer to game time, the worse it gwts

you got a parking permit? heh...make sure you get there at least 3 hours before the game and probably four to be safe. You can have all the permits you want but once they close certain sections that's it...your permit ain't worth the paper it's printed on. Give yourself an hour from Boston to the Razor just to be on the safe side. Oh, and bring some Scotch!

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, we are getting a permit as well, not sure where for but it's costing $50!!!!

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, we are getting a permit as well, not sure where for but it's costing $50!!!!
We have this thing in Mass called the "Route 128 Ad a Lane Project"...it does nothing but **** up traffic terribly during rush hour, and then even more terribly at random times. Lately the Waltham, Newton, Needham stretch has been a cluster.

Just letting you know because coming from North of the city you'll undoubtedly have to travel 128 and definitely plan on more than an hour on the road.
Took me 1 1/2 hours coming back from Lynnfield on a Thursday night well after rush hour - a trip that normally takes me 45 minutes, tops. 128 was a parking lot from Waltham to Needham because southbound was down to 1 damn lane for a huge stretch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back