PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady came to krafts house before free agency began and told Kraft he was leaving. Kraft asked if they could do anything to keep him and he said no.
It’s not a narrative, it’s the fact of what happened.
Are you dense? Yes, he went to Krafts house, but that was after his call to Belichick. It’s really not that hard to understand. Brady gave Bill one last chance because he didn’t want to leave. The call didn’t go well. Once Brady knew for sure Bill wasn’t giving him the 2 year deal he went to Krafts to tell him he was leaving.

If Bill has offered him the Brees deal Brady would still be a Patriot. Bill f*cked up.

Are you dense? Yes, he went to Krafts house, but that was after his call to Belichick. It’s really not that hard to understand. Brady gave Bill one last chance because he didn’t want to leave. The call didn’t go well. Once Brady knew for sure Bill wasn’t giving him the 2 year deal he went to Krafts to tell him he was leaving.

If Bill has offered him the Brees deal Brady would still be a Patriot. Bill f*cked up.
So your argument is Brady wanted to stay so he called belichick one time, didn’t say anything about what he wanted, the call was “business as usual” according to schefter, and BEFORE free agency started Kraft asked him what will it take and Brady who never wanted to leave just said suck it Bob?
Brees has been on one year deals for a long time.
Nothing reported supports what you said happened on that call.

Im really not sure why you feel the need to make things up between the lines.
There are facts. You don’t have to like them but nonetheless they are facts.

Don’t even bother. They’re just leading you into a murky area of the relationship between Brady and the team in March (and avoiding how it got to that point.)

But they’ve moved the goalposts so much. Team Bill was really, really adamant last year that Brady was holding the team back with his attitude problem, that he’d changed, declined, and that he was holding back players like Harry, Meyers, Sanu because of his ego and stubborn refusal to throw them. And then they were 1000% on the Stidham bandwagon. Rather than just walking back and saying “damn, that was a bad take” they’re going to argue in circles about semantics, fake salary cap inflexibility, etc while dismissing reports by people like Curran who was proven to have had the scoop the whole time, after all.

They just want to paint people as a ”Belichick hater” because that’s a great way to avoid the embarrassment of running the GOAT out of town with their pitchforks. The people being so defensive and adamant right now were the loudest cheerleaders for the In Bill We Trust cult that developed last year.

As much as I wanted Brady to retire with the Patriots, he would've rotted here as the team is going towards a dead end due to Bill's awful drafting since 2013 or 2014. The 2019 draft was the nail in the coffin taking Harry over much talented players followed by Brown's cameo and the Sanu debacle. If it's true Tom was waiting on Bill, Bill did him a favor. Tom looks much happier in Tampa Bay. And now I see him with a ton of endorsement deals as I've seen him in a ton of commercials.

Who "ran Brady out of town with pitchforks"? Who is "team Bill"? Who were all these posters who were "really, really adamant last year that Brady was holding the team back"?

These are all sensationalized positions that the vast majority of posters do not hold. You're taking the most extreme positions that a very small minority of posters have stated and are using those positions to represent a large segment of the board, and seemingly Belichick himself. I don't get it.

Stop this - bill is our HC. Thank you Tom, always nice to see your greatness. GOAT

i believe in BB to transform our team into a pl team

Im not exactly sure what people were expecting here, or what they are holding out a poor judgment.
What was best for Brady was to move on and what was best for the Patriots was probably to move on as well when you put emotion aside.
But regardless of what turns out decisions are made in the timeframe they are made. Brady decided to leave. Evidently people feel that’s belichicks fault because he should have just let Brady choose huscien terms. At the time you had a 43 year old qb who just had a terrible 2nd half of the season. And terrible isn’t debatable. He was completing 55% of his passes and aside from one game against the bengals, were we had 5 takeaways including a pick6, we were scoring 18 ppg. Brady looked by far the worst he ever had. Sure he was injured but how much are you going to gamble on an injured 43 year old?
The efforts, which were significant, to supply him with receivers didn’t work out, and now we faced a season where we had zero cap room if we kept him and would be able to fill the holes we needed to. The 2019 team was not getting better given the cap situation.
So we would be talking about keeping a 43 year old qb so that we could address the needs surrounding him a year later when there was cap space and he was 45.
Thus is also a QB who skipped off season workouts, and barely participated in practice all year long.
The post Brady era was coming. The fact that it came at 43 is probably better for the franchise than it coming later. This team was not winning the SB this year, even if the injured GOAT who stayed away from OTAS and didn’t practice got healthy and recommitted.
I have no doubt that just the fact that he is Tom Brady and when you gave Tom Brady if you can drag him to the big game you have a shot, means that belichick would not have pushed him out the door but ultimately at 43 what was best for he franchise wasn’t locking the door and making him stay.
Brady didn’t want to be here any more. He is probably the best fit that has ever lived with the demanding style and team first, do your job, no days off approach, but as soon as he started complaining about being appreciated it was clear he wanted out and didn’t want that atmosphere any more.
Brady did what was best for him and despite nostalgic, sad feelings of some fans, it very likely was what was best for the franchise.
2020 was going to be a lost year no matter what, at least in terms of competing fit a championship. 2014-2019 came to collect. Now in 2021 the team has enough resources to wholly remake itself. And what it won’t do is rebuilt to them go through the nostalgic years of watching the decline of the aging qb as he reaches the end.
I loved Brady as much as any patriots fan that exists. But it was time to move on, and ultimately good for him that he got another ring, and good for the patriots that they can point toward doing so as well, full speed ahead.

Who "ran Brady out of town with pitchforks"? Who is "team Bill"? Who were all these posters who were "really, really adamant last year that Brady was holding the team back"?

These are all sensationalized positions that the vast majority of posters do not hold. You're taking the most extreme positions that a very small minority of posters have stated and using those to represent a large segment of the board, and seemingly Belichick himself. I don't get it.
There was literally no one doing that.

As much as I wanted Brady to retire with the Patriots, he would've rotted here as the team is going towards a dead end due to Bill's awful drafting since 2013 or 2014. The 2019 draft was the nail in the coffin taking Harry over much talented players followed by Brown's cameo and the Sanu debacle. If it's true Tom was waiting on Bill, Bill did him a favor. Tom looks much happier in Tampa Bay. And now I see him with a ton of endorsement deals as I've seen him in a ton of commercials.

Such horrible drafting since 2013/2014 that the team appeared in 4 Super Bowls and won 3 in that period of time. Quite the dead end.

Don’t even bother. They’re just leading you into a murky area of the relationship between Brady and the team in March (and avoiding how it got to that point.)

But they’ve moved the goalposts so much. Team Bill was really, really adamant last year that Brady was holding the team back with his attitude problem, that he’d changed, declined, and that he was holding back players like Harry, Meyers, Sanu because of his ego and stubborn refusal to throw them. And then they were 1000% on the Stidham bandwagon. Rather than just walking back and saying “damn, that was a bad take” they’re going to argue in circles about semantics, fake salary cap inflexibility, etc while dismissing reports by people like Curran who was proven to have had the scoop the whole time, after all.

They just want to paint people as a ”Belichick hater” because that’s a great way to avoid the embarrassment of running the GOAT out of town with their pitchforks. The people being so defensive and adamant right now were the loudest cheerleaders for the In Bill We Trust cult that developed last year.
Please show me one single fan that fits what you described. (I may ask for 2-3 because you can find one nut to support any crazy idea)

But seriously. You are literally painting a group with a brush of blaming Brady, wanting him gone, say he was holding back players and wanted Stidham to take over
That is 4 things you said “team bill” was doing. I challenge you to and one person who has said those 4 things.
We have a search feature on this board that can verify it.
Ball is in your court.

Please inform us all where, in the NFL, the line between successful/failure is. What's the win total? Is a playoff appearance the line? A particular round in the playoffs?

Where's that line of demarcation?

I think if you make it to the playoffs, it's successful season. It's not a particularly high bar. 14/32. Call it top 40%. Because then anything can happen in next few games, any given sunday etc. If a team is in the playoffs every year, that's a successful team. That's my opinion.

Such horrible drafting since 2013/2014 that the team appeared in 4 Super Bowls and won 3 in that period of time. Quite the dead end.
Oh boy, duck for cover you made the argument that when the existential point is winning, that winning is what matters.
Surely you know that winning is for ****ies and greeting fans to like your draft choices is where it’s at.

Perfect.
Don't plan on wading through this sewer.
Should be titled "The Bill Belichick Hater Thread".

Is there going to be a "Bill Belichick Haters Eat Crow Thread" when he builds a contender in the next 2 years?
That or a "I told you so" thread. One way or the other. Take a stance.

I think if you make it to the playoffs, it's successful season. It's not a particularly high bar. 14/32. Call it top 40%. Because then anything can happen in next few games, any given sunday etc. If a team is in the playoffs every year, that's a successful team. That's my opinion.
Then how in the world do you trash belichicks success?

Here's how the cycle went that people ignore. Bill drafts guys and they and hide behind veterans who are feel good stories like Van Noy, Vrabel, Ninkovich, Hogan, etc. . We eventually learn those drafts picks can't beat out anybody and they get shipped out. Team wins because of prior core of Brady, Gronk, HT, Edelman and DMac. Media ignores the draft failures because they won with a core all drafted before 2014 and veterans signed via FA. Now it's getting exposed.

Last edited:
Oh boy, duck for cover you made the argument that when the existential point is winning, that winning is what matters.
Surely you know that winning is for ****ies and greeting fans to like your draft choices is where it’s at.
The cost of poor drafting only becomes apparent after many years. Same for the benefits of good drafting (look at Bucs).

Then how in the world do you trash belichicks success?
It was Brady's success. Belichick's has had any success without Brady. I believe he's made the playoffs just once in 8 seasons as HC without Brady, 5 at Browns, and 3 at Patriots. The 4th season at Browns he made playoffs. So by my definition of success, BB has not demonstrated that he can be successful without Brady. What BB has demonstrated is that he's good for 6-7 wins with any kind of roster. Good for him.

Last edited:
It was Brady's success. Belichick's has had any success without Brady. I believe he's made the playoffs just once in 7 seasons as HC without Brady, 4 at Browns, and 3 at Patriots. The last season at Browns he made playoffs.
He made the playoff 18 times in 20 years. Brady wasn’t the coach.
Do you honestly have any clue how the sport of football works?

Earlier today you told me Jason licht did a great job missing the playoffs his first 6 seasons then making them because Brady picked his team.

The cost of poor drafting only becomes apparent after many years. Same for the benefits of good drafting (look at Bucs).
The patriots were on top longer than any team ever in the history of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back