PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inexplicably benching Malcolm Butler costing his team a Super Bowl damaged Belichick's legacy. Spygate caused major damage to it. The latter is why I do not believe he will be a unanimous first ballot selection into the HOF unfortunately.

Brady winning the Super Bowl will put Bill on the hot seat to be peppered with a lot of uncomfortable questions this year but it didn't touch Bill's legacy or status in any way. I'm sure he can handle it and he's being paid to handle it anyway.

He made the playoff 18 times in 20 years. Brady wasn’t the coach.
Do you honestly have any clue how the sport of football works?

Earlier today you told me Jason licht did a great job missing the playoffs his first 6 seasons then making them because Brady picked his team.

See in the post above for the facts and the data. 8 seasons is plenty of record.

He made the playoff 18 times in 20 years. Brady wasn’t the coach.
Do you honestly have any clue how the sport of football works?

Earlier today you told me Jason licht did a great job missing the playoffs his first 6 seasons then making them because Brady picked his team.
Without Brady, Bill doesn't go 18 for 20.

And there's been plenty of teams throughout the years that were very talented, but didn't have a QB worth a damn. That's just a prerequisite if you want a chance at a title.

Bill needs to at least make the playoffs without Brady. And if he can't with now 7 teams, that's not a good look.

This thread got me thinking about how a calculating guy like BB would want to feel the pulse of the fan base. What better place to do that than here at PFans.

BB is very busy so he'd probably delegate this to Ernie or one of his sons. Now you would think the BB mole would be the biggest Bill ball washer on the forum, but he's too shrewd. He would probably assume the role of the biggest BB hater to avoid suspicions.

Who do we think is the Bill mole? It could be a hater like @Biffins or a ball washer like so many, or anyone in between.

I'm worried.

COACHING RECORD IN SEASONS WITHOUT BRADY

1 playoff appearance in 8 seasons. Never won division.

Team
Year
Regular season
Postseason
Won
Lost
Ties
Win %
Finish
Won
Lost
Win %
Result
CLE
6​
10​
0​
0.375​
3rd in AFC Central
CLE
7​
9​
0​
0.438​
3rd in AFC Central
CLE
7​
9​
0​
0.438​
3rd in AFC Central
CLE
11​
5​
0​
0.688​
2nd in AFC Central
1​
1​
0.5​
Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Divisional Game
CLE
5​
11​
0​
0.313​
4th in AFC Central
NE
5​
11​
0​
0.313​
5th in AFC East
NE
11​
5​
0​
0.688​
2nd in AFC East
NE
7​
9​
0​
0.438​
3rd in AFC East

COACHING RECORD IN SEASONS WITH BRADY

17 playoff appearances in 18 seasons. Won division 17 times.

Team
Year
Regular season
Postseason
Won
Lost
Ties
Win %
Finish
Won
Lost
Win %
Result
NE
11​
5​
0​
0.688​
1st in AFC East
3​
0​
1​
Super Bowl XXXVI champions
NE
9​
7​
0​
0.563​
2nd in AFC East
NE
14​
2​
0​
0.875​
1st in AFC East
3​
0​
1​
Super Bowl XXXVIII champions
NE
14​
2​
0​
0.875​
1st in AFC East
3​
0​
1​
Super Bowl XXXIX champions
NE
10​
6​
0​
0.625​
1st in AFC East
1​
1​
0.5​
Lost to Denver Broncos in AFC Divisional Game
NE
12​
4​
0​
0.75​
1st in AFC East
2​
1​
0.667​
Lost to Indianapolis Colts in AFC Championship Game
NE
16​
0​
0​
1​
1st in AFC East
2​
1​
0.667​
Lost to New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII
NE
10​
6​
0​
0.625​
1st in AFC East
0​
1​
0​
Lost to Baltimore Ravens in AFC Wild Card Game
NE
14​
2​
0​
0.875​
1st in AFC East
0​
1​
0​
Lost to New York Jets in AFC Divisional Game
NE
13​
3​
0​
0.813​
1st in AFC East
2​
1​
0.667​
Lost to New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI
NE
12​
4​
0​
0.75​
1st in AFC East
1​
1​
0.5​
Lost to Baltimore Ravens in AFC Championship Game
NE
12​
4​
0​
0.75​
1st in AFC East
1​
1​
0.5​
Lost to Denver Broncos in AFC Championship Game
NE
12​
4​
0​
0.75​
1st in AFC East
3​
0​
1​
Super Bowl XLIX champions
NE
12​
4​
0​
0.75​
1st in AFC East
1​
1​
0.5​
Lost to Denver Broncos in AFC Championship Game
NE
14​
2​
0​
0.875​
1st in AFC East
3​
0​
1​
Super Bowl LI champions
NE
13​
3​
0​
0.813​
1st in AFC East
2​
1​
0.667​
Lost to Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII
NE
11​
5​
0​
0.688​
1st in AFC East
3​
0​
1​
Super Bowl LIII champions
NE
12​
4​
0​
0.75​
1st in AFC East
0​
1​
0​
Lost to Tennessee Titans in AFC Wild Card Game

Inexplicably benching Malcolm Butler costing his team a Super Bowl damaged Belichick's legacy. Spygate caused major damage to it. The latter is why I do not believe he will be a unanimous first ballot selection into the HOF unfortunately.

Brady winning the Super Bowl will put Bill on the hot seat to be peppered with a lot of uncomfortable questions this year but it didn't touch Bill's legacy or status in any way. I'm sure he can handle it and he's being paid to handle it anyway.

I completely disagree, and I'm a little perplexed as to why any Patriots' fan would bring up camera-gate as a critique of Belichick and his legacy. Belichick not a first-ballot HOFer because of camera-gate? Absolute nonsense. Why peddle this crap?

Inexplicably benching Butler? I can assure you there was an explanation for what occurred. I do not know what happened. You do not know what happened. But something happened and Butler was benched as a result. Was it a legitimate benching? Who knows, and that's where the debate would lie, if we actually had access to that information (which we don't). But "inexplicably" - I really doubt that.

This thread got me thinking about how a calculating guy like BB would want to feel the pulse of the fan base. What better place to do that than here at PFans.

BB is very busy so he'd probably delegate this to Ernie or one of his sons. Now you would think the BB mole would be the biggest Bill ball washer on the forum, but he's too shrewd. He would probably assume the role of the biggest BB hater to avoid suspicions.

Who do we think is the Bill mole? It could be a hater like @Biffins or a ball washer like so many, or anyone in between.

I'm worried.
My gray hoodie is ratty and old. I need a new one.

I completely disagree, and I'm a little perplexed as to why any legitimate Patriots' fan would bring up camera-gate as a critique of Belichick and his legacy. Belichick not a first-ballot HOFer because of camera-gate? Absolute nonsense. Why peddle this crap?

Inexplicably benching Butler? I can assure you there was an explanation for what occurred. I do not know what happened. You do not know what happened. But something happened and Butler was benched as a result. Was it a legitimate benching? Who knows. But "inexplicably" - no way.
Spygate was completely on Bill by his own admission. And he said it, he knew he screwed up and he said it will never happen again. He deliberately bent and broke the rules because instead of doing his job he figured he'd play lawyer with the wording of the rules about filming and see how far he could go on a technicality. Trying to be the smartest guy in the room as he tends to do. Instead he got his ass kicked and so did us fans and now part of his legacy is cheating and same with his team. The stench of that won't away as long as he's here. It was completely stupid and unnecessary and the blunder of his career by a mile. Honestly, that was fireable if it was anyone else.

Yeah I think there will be voters who keep him off the ballot because of that. Cheating is frowned upon in any HOF. He will still get in but I doubt it will be unanimous.

As for Butler - if we haven't heard an acceptable explanation by now, there's a good chance there is none. Nothing Butler could have possibly done by any stretch justified a game long benching in a championship game where he was badly missed on the field. He just needed to make one or two plays on third down that clowns like Richards and BadIAmSee weren't making. Two of those Eagles scores would have been punts and there's the difference. The right thing to do was play Butler and then before he can celebrate tell him to clean out his locker. The SB is not the time to screw around like that. No guarantee you'll ever get back to one. I believe the decision and the outcome was the beginning of the end of Brady and Gronk in NE.

Two historical blunders that severely hurt his team not just when they happened but for years to come.

Anyone who really wants to know why Tom isn’t here should listen to these Rich Eisen/Tom Curran interviews. First one deals with what went on in 2019. Second one talks about that last call between Bill and Tom. He wanted the Brees 2 yr deal in 2019 and Bill wouldn’t give it.

My gray hoodie is ratty and old. I need a new one.
You're suspect #1.

@dreighver comes across like BB's son (love you bro).

@Biffins is so over the top, it's definitely a 3d chess double agent move. Very suspicious.

@ChrisR2223 hinting about Brady using PEDs is another suspect.

There's obviously more than one. This feels like The Thing.

You're suspect #1.

@Biffins is so over the top, it's definitely a 3d chess double agent move. Very suspicious.

My friend Kevin Has been saying Brady’s been on PEDs for years he’s just finally poisoned me and now that Brady’s not here it’s easier to believe it.

Spygate was completely on Bill by his own admission. And he said it, he knew he screwed up and he said it will never happen again. He deliberately bent and broke the rules because instead of doing his job he figured he'd play lawyer with the wording of the rules about filming and see how far he could go on a technicality. Trying to be the smartest guy in the room as he tends to do. Instead he got his ass kicked and so did us fans and now part of his legacy is cheating and same with his team. The stench of that won't away as long as he's here. It was completely stupid and unnecessary and the blunder of his career by a mile. Honestly, that was fireable if it was anyone else.

Yeah I think there will be voters who keep him off the ballot because of that. Cheating is frowned upon in any HOF. He will still get in but I doubt it will be unanimous.

As for Butler - if we haven't heard an acceptable explanation by now, there's a good chance there is none. Nothing Butler could have possibly done by any stretch justified a game long benching in a championship game where he was badly missed on the field. He just needed to make one or two plays on third down that clowns like Richards and BadIAmSee weren't making. Two of those Eagles scores would have been punts and there's the difference. The right thing to do was play Butler and then before he can celebrate tell him to clean out his locker. The SB is not the time to screw around like that. No guarantee you'll ever get back to one. I believe the decision and the outcome was the beginning of the end of Brady and Gronk in NE.

Two historical blunders that severely hurt his team not just when they happened but for years to come.
Yea 2018 really was a disaster of a season.

You're suspect #1.

Chris.

Hmmm

See in the post above for the facts and the data. 8 seasons is plenty of record.
So is 20. It is moronic to ignite 70% of his career

Without Brady, Bill doesn't go 18 for 20.

And there's been plenty of teams throughout the years that were very talented, but didn't have a QB worth a damn. That's just a prerequisite if you want a chance at a title.

Bill needs to at least make the playoffs without Brady. And if he can't with now 7 teams, that's not a good look.
Without belichick Brady doesn’t go 18 of 20. Without many of the other players and coaches no one does.

His success is unmatched. End of story.

Without belichick Brady doesn’t go 18 of 20. Without many of the other players and coaches no one does.

His success is unmatched. End of story.
Maybe. But he's won his first Super bowl in his first year without BB. And I think he can get one more.

If Bill can't make the playoffs until he leaves the Pats, he will be questioned. Actually, he already is.

Anyone who really wants to know why Tom isn’t here should listen to these Rich Eisen/Tom Curran interviews. First one deals with what went on in 2019. Second one talks about that last call between Bill and Tom. He wanted the Brees 2 yr deal in 2019 and Bill wouldn’t give it.

Yup. Brady left.

Maybe. But he's won his first Super bowl in his first year without BB. And I think he can get one more.

If Bill can't make the playoffs until he leaves the Pats, he will be questioned. Actually, he already is.
By morons.

Please show me one single fan that fits what you described. (I may ask for 2-3 because you can find one nut to support any crazy idea)

But seriously. You are literally painting a group with a brush of blaming Brady, wanting him gone, say he was holding back players and wanted Stidham to take over
That is 4 things you said “team bill” was doing. I challenge you to and one person who has said those 4 things.
We have a search feature on this board that can verify it.
Ball is in your court.

Awesome. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back