PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Debate Brady vs Belichick?

Manning needed several all pros at all times in order to make his single formation “dig” concept work. Brady ran every type of offense and formation and adjusted based on defensive weakness.
And yet, Brady never demanded top dollar and PEDton did every year. I can only guess how long Bill would have put up with PEDton before he sent him off to Cleveland as punishment.

And yet, Brady never demanded top dollar and PEDton did every year. I can only guess how long Bill would have put up with PEDton before he sent him off to Cleveland as punishment.
I used to post the QB+2 salaries. QB + 2 most expensive weapons.

Brady + Gronkowski + Edelman was typically in the 30-35M range.

Manning + Wayne + Harrison or
Manning + Thomas + Welker was typically in the 60M range.

Rodgers + Cobb + Nelson was typically in the 60M range.

Gee I wonder why the Patriots were able to field better defensed and have more depth. At the time 25-30M was 15-20% of the entire cap.

I used to post the QB+2 salaries. QB + 2 most expensive weapons.

Brady + Gronkowski + Edelman was typically in the 30-35M range.

Manning + Wayne + Harrison or
Manning + Thomas + Welker was typically in the 60M range.

Rodgers + Cobb + Nelson was typically in the 60M range.

Gee I wonder why the Patriots were able to field better defensed and have more depth. At the time 25-30M was 15-20% of the entire cap.
This is the type of thing people seem to neglect when talking about Brady's impact. The fact he didn't maximize every contract the way he could have and was always open to moving money around to give the team flexibility. That in addition to the fact he set the ceiling for negotiating which is a huge part of locker room economics. In 2014 when we signed Revis he had a number and Bill told him no. When Revis's camp asked why Bill told him it was more than Brady made and that was the end of the conversation and Revis signed for less that season. Everything Brady did for 20 years aided Bill and in the end he was rewarded for his team first approach by basically being run out of town.

This is the type of thing people seem to neglect when talking about Brady's impact. The fact he didn't maximize every contract the way he could have and was always open to moving money around to give the team flexibility. That in addition to the fact he set the ceiling for negotiating which is a huge part of locker room economics. In 2014 when we signed Revis he had a number and Bill told him no. When Revis's camp asked why Bill told him it was more than Brady made and that was the end of the conversation and Revis signed for less that season. Everything Brady did for 20 years aided Bill and in the end he was rewarded for his team first approach by basically being run out of town.
Another thing that seems to be lost about Brady is how much he demanded from his teammates. It used to be used as a criticism but was really one of his better assets. He was in the most important position in the game and demanded everyone's best and not just his own, which he provided.

We were lucky to have him, and by we I mean everyone involved with the team in any way. It's too bad that Bill and Bob didn't know how lucky we were.

Another thing that seems to be lost about Brady is how much he demanded from his teammates. It used to be used as a criticism but was really one of his better assets. He was in the most important position in the game and demanded everyone's best and not just his own, which he provided.

We were lucky to have him, and by we I mean everyone involved with the team in any way. It's too bad that Bill and Bob didn't know how lucky we were.
I know some of the homers would claim Harry would have gone on to be the next Jerry Rice if he didn't land in Brady's doghouse but that perfection Brady demanded elevated the players that bought in and worked to be better and weeded out the duds quickly.

Manning needed several all pros at all times in order to make his single formation “dig” concept work. Brady ran every type of offense and formation and adjusted based on defensive weakness.
it truly is insane to look at all the different offenses Brady ran. not only run them, but lead them to a top 1-5 finish

I’ve always loved that 2012 offense. 557 points with Gronk missing 5 games and Hernandez missing 6!

it truly is insane to look at all the different offenses Brady ran. not only run them, but lead them to a top 1-5 finish

I’ve always loved that 2012 offense. 557 points with Gronk missing 5 games and Hernandez missing 6!
Everything you need to know the next time someone claims Manning was a genius who called his own plays and WAS the offense.

I know some of the homers would claim Harry would have gone on to be the next Jerry Rice if he didn't land in Brady's doghouse but that perfection Brady demanded elevated the players that bought in and worked to be better and weeded out the duds quickly.
Isn't Brady's way the one that everyone learns from in every profession? I know I did. The "old timers" that trained me expected perfection.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back