PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you did. Let’s douche it up, then. Let’s say I take you at your word on all of this. The median salaries for tax attorneys are available. In every state. Even taking the highest salary amount in your state, and without factoring taxes or my performance bonuses or quarterly escalators, I out earn you. By a significant margin. It’s actually not even close. One of my bonuses is probably the amount of 2-3 of your paychecks. Once my Director retires in a few years and I take over that position, it’ll be a 2007 Pats-Bills blowout. I’ve never felt the need to brag about this though but it seems apt here. U of F gave me a degree and a career that’s significantly better than what UVA supposedly gave you. If you’re a tax attorney, you’re also probably contracted too LMAOOOOO. But, then again, nobody actually believes you. Maybe a few more posts will convince us, though.

LOL, you yourself said you couldn't afford to spend a measly 5K on the Super Bowl a few years ago to see Brady play...I actually went to SB 51 and had great seats. Now you out-earn me...got it.

And who said I was a tax attorney? You either have a reading and/or mental problem...

Last edited:
Ummmm.... The Patriots' defense was ranked second best in 2003 according to the DVOA while the offense was ranked 14th best. Based on the DVOA alone, it pretty proves the defense carried the offense in 2003 to 14 wins and the Super Bowl.
2003 the defense certainly deserves the credit for carrying that team. It was great and the offense only needed to be average in order to win during the regular season.

However, the Superbowl would have been lost by the Defense if it wasn't for the offense. They gave 29 points to the Panthers.

Brady put 350 yards and threw for 3 TDs. It took great QB play for that Superbowl win.

So the 14-2 season was a credit to the defense and Bill but the Superbowl victory was a credit to Brady and the offense.

So I'd say it's a 50/50 split that year for Bill and Brady.

2003 the defense certainly deserves the credit for carrying that team. It was great and the offense only needed to be average in order to win during the regular season.

However, the Superbowl would have been lost by the Defense if it wasn't for the offense. They gave 29 points to the Panthers.

Brady put 350 yards and threw for 3 TDs. It took great QB play for that Superbowl win.

So the 14-2 season was a credit to the defense and Bill but the Superbowl victory was a credit to Brady and the offense.

And also set a Super Bowl completions record iirc.

One game (even the Super Bowl) doesn't make it a 50-50 split. And the defense held up for 3 quarters and only really started to fall apart when they lost Harrison and then Wilson. That offense was not good enough to get to the Super Bowl without that elite defense. So it is more a 70-30 split in favor of the defense.

One game (even the Super Bowl) doesn't make it a 50-50 split. And the defense held up for 3 quarters and only really started to fall apart when they lost Harrison and then Wilson. That offense was not good enough to get to the Super Bowl without that elite defense. So it is more a 70-30 split in favor of the defense.
The defense was falling apart long before then.

Carolina started scoring at the 31st minute.

They scored 22 points by the time our players were injured.

In fact, they only scored 7 points after the injuries. Harrison actually got injured with less than 2 minutes left in the final quarter. The Panthers were already in Patriots territory when Rodney left the game. Rodney only missed half of one series.

Brady was among the top QBs in the league statistically that year, but our D was so dominant that we actually didn't need him to air it out a lot. He wasn't what we call elite yet, but he was certainly top 5-7.

The defense was falling apart long before then.

Carolina started scoring at the 31st minute.

They scored 22 points by the time our players were injured.

In fact, they only scored 7 points after the injuries. Harrison actually got injured with less than 2 minutes left in the final quarter. The Panthers were already in Patriots territory when Rodney left the game. Rodney only missed half of one series.

Brady was among the top QBs in the league statistically that year, but our D was so dominant that we actually didn't need him to air it out a lot. He wasn't what we call elite yet, but he was certainly top 5-7.

The Panthers had 10 points going into the 4th quarter. Three of those points came at the end of the second quarter off a shanked Vinatieri kick off and one play. The Panthers didn't score 22 points until there was 7:12 left in the game. And let's not forget that drive where they got to 22 points came off of a Brady interception when the Pats had the ball on the Carolina nine yard line. The Pats' offense scores 7 or even 3 points on that drive instead of an interception, odds are the game could have been different and Brady's final drive would have been unnecessary since the Pats and Carolina just traded TDs the rest of the way.

And Harrison first hurt his arm in the first quarter when he intercepted Delhomme. His arm could have been broken at that point and only injured it just broke worse when he re-injured it in the fourth quarter. He continued to play after he injured his arm in the first, but it was probably broken then.

And Brady was above average some stats not top statistically that year in most categories. He was 10th in TDs, 6th in yards, He had the 17th most INTs, he was 16th in completion percentage, he was 12th in yard per attempt, and 17th in per completion. Other than total yards, where was Brady at the top statistically.

And the Pat offense had one game where the offense scored zero points, two different games where they scored 12 points, and another where it scored nine points. I am pretty sure most teams when about a third of your season, the offense cannot score more than 12 points a game that they are not going to the Super Bowl.

LOL, you yourself said you couldn't afford to spend a measly 5K on the Super Bowl a few years ago to see Brady play...I actually went to SB 51 and had great seats. Now you out-earn me...got it.

Your memory is, not surprisingly, failing you. In 2016, I was a Business Analyst 3 years out of college and not in my current role. Even then, the convo was not about being able to afford a ticket. The convo was about having more worthwhile projects and stuff to spend that money on. But yeah, given your general level of activity in this thread, I can see why you would have a hard time wrapping your head around the concept of a promotion.

And who said I was a tax attorney? You either have a reading and/or mental problem...

Who the hell cares? Nobody believes you anyway. You’re embarrassing yourself. I’m honestly embarrassed for you. Anyway like I told you before, nobody wants to read this crap. Go speak with a therapist to ease that manic depression, and let the men talk football in this thread.

Your memory is, not surprisingly, failing you. In 2016, I was a Business Analyst 3 years out of college and not in my current role. Even then, the convo was not about being able to afford a ticket. The convo was about having more worthwhile projects and stuff to spend that money on. But yeah, given your general level of activity in this thread, I can see why you would have a hard time wrapping your head around the concept of a promotion.

Who the hell cares? Nobody believes you anyway. You’re embarrassing yourself. I’m honestly embarrassed for you. Anyway like I told you before, nobody wants to read this crap. Go speak with a therapist to ease that manic depression, and let the men talk football in this thread.

So my memory is failing me when you somehow "remember" that I am tax attorney when I never said that in any thread..ok, bud.

Bill does not have the most rings as coach of the New England Patriots. Josh McDaniels also has six rings as a coach.

Championships, Patriots Coaches
Josh McDaniels - 6 (tie)
Bill Belichick - 6 (tie)

The metric in that chart is Super Bowl wins with the Patriots -- McDaniels has coached on 6 New England teams that have won a Super Bowl; Belichick has coached on 6 New England teams that have won a Super Bowl. There is nothing “stupid” about it - it’s merely an objective statistic.

Based on this objective fact, I don’t see why I’d vote for Belichick over McDaniels for the Patriots Hall of Fame, and I should refer to Belichick as “one of the New England coaches who coached on six teams that won the championships, though not the only one.”

There’s no reason to designate someone’s role as the head coach or coordinator, right? When trying to make a point that one is superior, no need to clarify that the discussion should have a minimum qualifier that someone is the actual leader of their position, as a head coach or starter?
'Personnel Assistant'=Coach?

It’s basically just a sad attempt for team Bill to grasp at anything that takes the shine off Brady’s 7 rings. If Josh were ever to somehow manage to win a ring as a head coach I sure as hell wouldn’t give him credit for a ring he won as a coordinator.
'Personnel Assistant'=Coordinator?

Bill does not have the most rings as coach of the New England Patriots. Josh McDaniels also has six rings as a coach.

Championships, Patriots Coaches
Josh McDaniels - 6 (tie)
Bill Belichick - 6 (tie)

The metric in that chart is Super Bowl wins with the Patriots -- McDaniels has coached on 6 New England teams that have won a Super Bowl; Belichick has coached on 6 New England teams that have won a Super Bowl. There is nothing “stupid” about it - it’s merely an objective statistic.

Based on this objective fact, I don’t see why I’d vote for Belichick over McDaniels for the Patriots Hall of Fame, and I should refer to Belichick as “one of the New England coaches who coached on six teams that won the championships, though not the only one.”

There’s no reason to designate someone’s role as the head coach or coordinator, right? When trying to make a point that one is superior, no need to clarify that the discussion should have a minimum qualifier that someone is the actual leader of their position, as a head coach or starter?
Ernie Adams would have seven rings if not for Dreith.

One of the best theories that I've seen here is this;
Together BB and TB won 6 SBs. Separately they'd win 2 each.

There's an old thread around here from a few years ago that asked who's more responsible for the Pats success, Bill, Tom or Bob. I'd put it at this;
Tom 65% (I believe in players over coaches and 2020 has been the best example)
Bill 35%
Bob 0% (All he does is sign the checks and the money comes from the fans)
What Kraft did to maneuver, purchase the team, stay in Foxborough and then trade for and hire Belichick is nothing short of brilliant.

Yes the flying elvis and Bledsoe-worship is boob behavior but the credit for the Pats' very continued existence and subsequent success, if I had to pick one guy it would be Robert.

“My objective in buying the Patriots is to help bring a championship to New England.”

Firing Carroll was aggressive and reflected his personal standard for excellence and accountability.

Belichick was not sought after by anyone besides the Jets who only wanted him because of the contract. The media and Kraft advisors considered him toxic.

Brady was not actively recruited or scouted by anyone other than the Patriots.

I am not diminishing the efforts of Brady and Belichick.

It's very similar to Walter Brown. He hired Auerbach who was known mainly as a hothead and later facilitated the drafting of Russell famously leveraging the Ice Capades.

Max Lane vs Reggie White looks like a genius decision compared to that.
The problem was dropping Bledsoe back 54 times and Martin getting eleven carries. That is on Perkins and Parcells.

Considering my alma mater is top 10 in U.S. Rhodes Scholars with 54, while U of F has 12, it is in fact a superior school ...

Also, we're good at something else...
uva-1024x683.jpg

And yet, a graduate of your superior school attempts to associate intelligence and reasoning ability with said school’s influence, bringing into question his own intelligence and reasoning ability.

This is an interesting paradox when you think about it.

Ummmm.... The Patriots' defense was ranked second best in 2003 according to the DVOA while the offense was ranked 14th best. Based on the DVOA alone, it pretty proves the defense carried the offense in 2003 to 14 wins and the Super Bowl.

Did you miss the second half?

When that one game is whether that team is remembered as champions it sure as hell does. And considering I HIGHLY DOUBT that you would have went page after page moaning about the 2003 defensive ranking if they weren't one of the Super Bowl seasons we had, I'd say it matters alot that in the most important moment, they got bailed out because their QB put out an amazing performance while they were getting eviscerated by NFL legend Jake Delhomme.

The 2003 Patriots defensive perfromance in the Super Bowl is the 8th worst out of 9 appearances in the Brady/Belichick era. Only outdone by the 17 Eagles game. So yeah it matters alot who got them the ring in the end. Especially when that guy was getting 8 MVP votes throwing to Deion Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes