PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I agree without the Mo Lewis hit, the Pats don't go to the Super Bowl. But that has more to do with getting Bledsoe out of the line up and less to do with Brady than you are willing to admit.

If you actually believe that, and I seriously doubt that you do, then you’ve clearly forgotten Vinatieri’s comments in 2001 “America’s Game.”

LongTimeFirstTime said:
Guys, if Tom didn't want to be here he could've left 15 years earlier. He didn't need to stay and if he did, that's on him. Don't like the drafts, leave. Don't like the coaching, leave. I assume he saw the value proposition and stayed. Tom wasn't a prisoner.

1614830760937.png

I was always really scared of that giant white ball. Freaked me out.

Many people don't realize the 1996 Packers was a damn all star team. Pats put up a better fight than I expected.
What's-his-name...Terrell Davis in his MVP year, I don't see that much better than a slightly banged-up young Curtis Martin.

Regardless, putting the game in Bledsoe's hands alone was fatal.

Brady had a really good fourth quarter and final drive, but you do realize Brady intercepted in the fourth quarter on a drive would have probably put the game away. Let's not pretend he had a perfect game. Both the offense and defense (and the special teams too) made costly mistakes in that game and would have been blamed if the Pats lost. And both sides of the ball had periods of awesome play.

But at least we can agree. Brady wasn't elite in 2003. Just in that Super Bowl.
He got 8 MVP votes. He was considered amongst the top QB's in the league. That's elite

Rob is that dude in Memento (Guy Pearce) who has a really short memory and is stuck in a loop of finding out he was wrong about the 2001-04 Patriots. He has to write notes on his hands and sht or he’ll forget. And then after he learns he‘s been a fool all this time, he throws away his mementos and purposely forgets it all and hits the reset button, to preserve the only purpose in his life.

OK.

Any 'personnel assistant' on a Super Bowl winner counts as a Super Bowl winning coach just as much as Vince Lombardi.

Realize that the equation of McDaniels as "equal" to BB in that is a by-product of the claims that BB gets that same kind of credit for his DC work with the Giants.

The median age of NFL coaches is 46.5 and 78% of them are under 60. Only three coaches will be at 69 or 70 during this season: Carroll (70), BA and BB (both 69).

Belichick is facing a dilemma given his age, does he try to win now or plan for a future he may not be around for. This is the question that will settle Bill's coaching record w/o Brady.

He's got no excuses since he's the GM and has full support from the Owner. This is his team. Brady leaving was part of his plan. Bill doesn't believe in Tom's TB12 anti inflammation method.
View attachment 30875

Bill prefers the Jared Fogel method.

View attachment 30876
Well, the buck only stops with him when things are going well. When they aren’t, it’s either the buck stopped with someone else on that particular decision, or you just secretly hate the team.

OK.

Any 'personnel assistant' on a Super Bowl winner counts as a Super Bowl winning coach just as much as Vince Lombardi.
How about the Deflator and his buddy that massaged and took care of Tom's balls?

1713 responses to a thread that mostly denigrates the greatest NFL coach of all time... it's a freaking shame.

Guess this is really a long off season... much longer than usual.

1713 responses to a thread that mostly denigrates the greatest NFL coach of all time... it's a freaking shame.

1714 with your post. Shame on you for contributing to this sh*t show.

This thread is just the beginning and will get worse if Bill can't land anyone significant in FA, can't get a competent QB, has another poor draft and has another losing season. Meanwhile, the GOAT in Tampa Bay is gunning for a back to back Lombardi's.

This thread is just the beginning and will get worse if Bill can't land anyone significant in FA, can't get a competent QB, has another poor draft and has another losing season. Meanwhile, the GOAT in Tampa Bay is gunning for a back to back Lombardi's.
Yep. Asking fans to be patient, think economically and recall how BB has approached FA the last 20 years is way too much to ask.

Yep. Asking fans to be patient, think economically and recall how BB has approached FA the last 20 years is way too much to ask.
The good news is that Greg Bedard thinks the Pats are in a good position to land guys they want in FA as many teams are cap strapped while the Pats have money to spend.

There's a part of me that thinks Bill will bargain shop again and another part of me thinks he will try to land a bigtime talent as I'm sure he doesn't like being dragged through the mud with Brady winning in his first year without him.

Does this mean you think he fills in holes with much needed talent and patiently waits until next year for the QBOF, unless he believes someone will fall to him at #15?

The good news is that Greg Bedard thinks the Pats are in a good position to land guys they want in FA as many teams are cap strapped while the Pats have money to spend.

There's a part of me that thinks Bill will bargain shop again and another part of me thinks he will try to land a bigtime talent as I'm sure he doesn't like being dragged through the mud with Brady winning in his first year without him.
I think BB will do what he has always done.

When he has cap space, he shops at Macy's, Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th Ave. He may look for the 10% off sales but he'll shop there.

When he doesn't he goes to Target and Wal-Mart

Last edited:
There’s a need at literally every single positional grouping on the roster except *MAYBE* RB and CB. Even then, those two are debatable due to Gilmore’s cap number and age, and the fact that both Harris and Michel have yet to get through an entire season unscathed in their careers. Fans have no choice but to be patient. There’s way too much work to do on this roster for the job to be finished in one offseason.

Does this mean you think he fills in holes with much needed talent and patiently waits until next year for the QBOF, unless he believes someone will fall to him at #15?
I have no f-ing idea what he'll do.

He doesn't have a franchise QB and has more cap space this year than in any of the 20 years running the team. He can also create another $20m with a couple of pink slips and trades. He also has 6 picks in the top 140. Not a boatload of picks but enough to move around.

I do believe he knows he needs to upgrade the talent on both sides of the ball in a major way.

I do believe we will see him "pay" for a couple of top guys (WR? LB?) and get a ton of guys on reasonable contracts. He'll need to be careful as that cap space might be needed because.......

If the QB he wants/doesn't fall into striking distance at 15 he might take Rosseau, Surtain or Farley and he'll trade for Jimmy or MM.

Last edited:
There’s a need at literally every single positional grouping on the roster except *MAYBE* RB and CB. Even then, those two are debatable due to Gilmore’s cap number and age, and the fact that both Harris and Michel have yet to get through an entire season unscathed in their careers. Fans have no choice but to be patient. There’s way too much work to do on this roster for the job to be finished in one offseason.
Exactly. BB won't fill them all Day 1. Fans will freak out. Captain Stone will complain about every pick. The Hate BB crowd will want to send him anthrax letters and mario meathead will say bb has a small ****.

Cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back