PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 30862

Timmy (bottom) attempts to demonstrate superiority of UVA over UF by laughably asserting that one’s alma mater means something.

Considering my alma mater is top 10 in U.S. Rhodes Scholars with 54, while U of F has 12, it is in fact a superior school ...

Also, we're good at something else...
uva-1024x683.jpg

Ummmm.... The Patriots' defense was ranked second best in 2003 according to the DVOA while the offense was ranked 14th best. Based on the DVOA alone, it pretty proves the defense carried the offense in 2003 to 14 wins and the Super Bowl.
My post said "that it was largely Belichick's defenses that carried the team." Clearly, there were exceptions but it wasn't the predominant reason during 20 years.

If I recall, in the 2018 AFCCG the defense allowed 24 pts in the 4th Qtr. If Brady doesn't pulled off the win, they never make the SB.

Belichick's game plan against a suspect Goff was masterful. Goff looked like a deer in the headlights with no time to make a decision under pressure.

Bledsoe sucked in the Patriots' offense. You put any average QB who fit the Patriots' system and the DVOA would have improved. Maybe not nearly as much as it did with Brady, but it would have improved.
Jesus, there you go again comparing the GOAT with "any average QB." Eye roll

2001- Pats D kept them in the game but needed Brady to win
2003- Pats D kept them in the game, fell apart, Brady won it
2004- Pats D kept them in the game, Brady did well, Pats D closed it out
2007- Pats D kept them in the game. Brady led an almost GW drive. D blew it.
2011- Pats D got tossed around. Settled down. Brady did well, got hurt. Had bad Q4, D came up short.
2014- Pats D got tossed around. Settled down. Brady led the comeback. Pats D closed it out
2016- Pats D got tossed around. Had great Q4. Brady led the comeback.
2017- Pats D got tossed around. Brady led the comeback. Pats D blew it.
2018- Pats D dominated the game, Brady contributed to GW drive.

There is no trend here.

It's a team game, gents. Coaches coach. Players play.

Jesus, there you go again comparing the GOAT with "any average QB." Eye roll

Did I compare him to any average QB? No absolutely not. Read my post again. I said an average QB who fit the Pats system could do better than Bledsoe, but NOT NEARLY AS WELL AS BRADY. I was comparing an average QB who fit the Patriots' system in 2001 to Bledsoe, not Brady.

My post said "that it was largely Belichick's defenses that carried the team." Clearly, there were exceptions but it wasn't the predominant reason during 20 years.

If I recall, in the 2018 AFCCG the defense allowed 24 pts in the 4th Qtr. If Brady doesn't pulled off the win, they never make the SB.

Belichick's game plan against a suspect Goff was masterful. Goff looked like a deer in the headlights with no time to make a decision under pressure.

I don't think anyone is claiming Belichick's defense carried the Patriots other than a handful of years. Personally, I said 2001 and 2003. Others have thrown in a few other years be it 2004 or 2018. I don't agree with those though.

2011- Pats D got tossed around. Settled down. Brady did well, got hurt. Had bad Q4, D came up short.
2014- Pats D got tossed around. Settled down. Brady led the comeback. Pats D closed it out

There is no trend here.

I agree except for 2007, it should read Asante blew it. That game still sucks.

There is no trend here.

You are really underselling the 2001 defense. They dominated the Rams offense that averaged over 30 points a game that year. The Patriots held them to 17 points. And don't forget that Roman Phifer strip Warner on a QB scramble on on the goal line on fourth down which Tebucky Jones ran back for a 99 yard TD that was called back on a McGinest holding penalty that was completely away from the play and Ty Law dropped an easy INT in the end zone on a 3rd and 3 on the 3. The Rams scored 10 of those 17 points on those drives and it could have resulted in a 17 point or more swing in points. That game could have been an absolute defensive blowout if not for a couple of plays.

You are really underselling the 2001 defense. They dominated the Rams offense that averaged over 30 points a game that year. The Patriots held them to 17 points. And don't forget that Roman Phifer strip Warner on a QB scramble on on the goal line on fourth down which Tebucky Jones ran back for a 99 yard TD that was called back on a McGinest holding penalty that was completely away from the play and Ty Law dropped an easy INT in the end zone on a 3rd and 3 on the 3. The Rams scored 10 of those 17 points on those drives and it could have resulted in a 17 point or more swing in points. That game could have been an absolute defensive blowout if not for a couple of plays.
Whatever. They did a great job for 3 quarters. Points allowed are points allowed.

The overall point of my post is some games Tom needed to win for the team. Others the D did it.

Quibbling over DVOA, plays, gameplans, etc doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

U of F keeps bringing up Belichick's record without Brady repeatedly for no reason in a number of threads..more than anyone on this board. I think he enjoyed watching NE lose this past season so he can troll.
Nobody wants the Patriots to lose **** Tammy.

But we can deal with the reality: BB is a loser without TB12.

Deal with it.

Considering my alma mater is top 10 in U.S. Rhodes Scholars with 54, while U of F has 12, it is in fact a superior school ...

uva-1024x683.jpg
Yeah, but you didn’t go to UVA, though. That claim is even worse than Belichick’s overall record as a head coach without Brady which, last I checked, was under .500.

“Today, I’m going to tell them that I’m really an astronaut and former 3-star general who graduated with honors as West Point.”

1614791398805.jpeg

-TommyBrady12

uva-1024x683.jpg
You are a joke buddy. I guarantee you have a very small ****. Sure thing.

Whatever. They did a great job for 3 quarters. Points allowed are points allowed.

The overall point of my post is some games Tom needed to win for the team. Others the D did it.

Quibbling over DVOA, plays, gameplans, etc doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

I get what you were trying to do. I was just pointing out the Patriots defense dominated that game and are the biggest reason the Pats' won. Brady's final drive was amazing, but the Patriots only scored 10 points on offense by the final two minutes of the game (or three more points than the Patriots defense scored in that game).

For sure. The only thing I really believe that has come out of his mouth is that he’s from Connecticut. The entitlement, narcissism, and inferiority complex pretty much give that away. Either mommy or daddy was well off, tried to put their little boy in a better situation than they were raised in, and he most definitely failed anyway. The inferiority complex comes from the fact that he knows he hasn’t actually had to work to earn anything on his own in his entire life. He’s been a pampered twat from the moment he slid out that pig he calls a mom’s vagina. Doubt he’s ever been in a fist fight. Doubt even more than he’s gotten laid anytime recently. Highly doubt he has many, if any, friends. Just look at the way he’s lost his **** just from the Patriots falling back to the pack. Life has never punched him in the mouth before and the Patriots/Brady are just a microcosm of that fact. I also see that he’s register as being logged in currently and has peppered this thread with one brain dead post after another (as per usual). No attorney, with their workload (which often includes 10-12 hour work days) has that amount of free time. He’s also, and this is as clear as day, depressed. Probably from a combo of all of the above on top of being alone during the lockdown.

I get what you were trying to do. I was just pointing out the Patriots defense dominated that game and are the biggest reason the Pats' won. Brady's final drive was amazing, but the Patriots only scored 10 points on offense by the final two minutes of the game (or three more points than the Patriots defense scored in that game).
I hear ya man. Their performance did border on the performance of the 2018 SB.

For sure. The only thing I really believe that has come out of his mouth is that he’s from Connecticut. The entitlement, narcissism, and inferiority complex pretty much give that away. Either mommy or daddy was well off, tried to put their little boy in a better situation than they were raised in, and he most definitely failed anyway. The inferiority complex comes from the fact that he knows he hasn’t actually had to work to earn anything on his own in his entire life. He’s been a pampered twat from the moment he slid out that pig he calls a mom’s vagina. Doubt he’s ever been in a fist fight. Doubt even more than he’s gotten laid anytime recently. Highly doubt he has many, if any, friends. Just look at the way he’s lost his **** just from the Patriots falling back to the pack. Life has never punched him in the mouth before and the Patriots/Brady are just a microcosm of that fact. I also see that he’s register as being logged in currently and has peppered this thread with one brain dead post after another (as per usual). No attorney, with their workload (which often includes 10-12 hour work days) has that amount of free time. He’s also, and this is as clear as day, depressed. Probably from a combo of all of the above on top of being alone during the lockdown.
I don't get why this devolved to him calling you a troll, and boasting about his accolades/elitism while simultaneously trashing U of F. Where's Ian? He's singlehandedly derailed this thread.

I think Kontra can handle his own battles with Tommy. He doesn’t need you repeating the small **** lines that he posted on page 80 of this thread.

I think Kontra can handle his own battles with Tommy. He doesn’t need you repeating the small **** lines that he posted on page 80 of this thread.
I did not see, I swear :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think everyone has figured out this fake tough guy.

Actually I did...and I was at that game I posted a picture of above...
Sure you did. Let’s douche it up, then. Let’s say I take you at your word on all of this. The median salaries for tax attorneys are available. In every state. Even taking the highest salary amount in your state, and without factoring taxes or my performance bonuses or quarterly escalators, I out earn you. By a significant margin. It’s actually not even close. One of my bonuses is probably the amount of 2-3 of your paychecks. Once my Director retires in a few years and I take over that position, it’ll be a 2007 Pats-Bills blowout. I’ve never felt the need to brag about this though but it seems apt here. U of F gave me a degree and a career that’s significantly better than what UVA supposedly gave you at a fraction of the cost. Not that you actually had to pay for your own supposed education anyway.

If you’re a tax attorney, you’re also probably contracted too LMAOOOOO. But, then again, nobody actually believes you. Maybe a few more posts will convince us, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back