PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: "McDaniels is as good as gone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget it's a two-way commitment. Lots of teams are interested in Josh, but how many of those job openings will Josh be interested in?
Almost every one.

If Saint Aaron's team crashes in the playoffs, McCarthy might well be gone now or next year.

If they get their asses kicked and go one and done I think he is gone this year, depending on how they perform he may get another year, but he is underachieving for sure.

Rogers is 33, and his injuries are beginning to pile up. That job's got a shelf life.

McDaniels would be silly to leave for a perennial loser like Cleveland or Jacksonville or the Bills. Josh McDaniels isn't stupid. Why would he leave for one of those teams when he has the honor of coaching the G.O.A.T Quarterback Tom Brady and being in the hunt for SuperBowls every season?

Now if Green Bay or Indianapolis positions became available, I think he would have a tough time turning those positions down. Quite frankly Chuck Pagano is the WORST headcoach in the entire league. Andrew Luck looked like a superstar under Bruce Arians and has regressed considerably under Chuck Pagano these past couple of seasons. Don't be surprised if Indy gets rid of Pagano.

Good as gone... to the playoffs.

Now if Green Bay or Indianapolis positions became available, I think he would have a tough time turning those positions down.

If it's Indy, (really anywhere, but especially someplace like Indy) Josh can only go if he...

giphy.gif

...kisses the ring. :)

McDaniels would be silly to leave for a perennial loser like Cleveland or Jacksonville or the Bills. Josh McDaniels isn't stupid. Why would he leave for one of those teams when he has the honor of coaching the G.O.A.T Quarterback Tom Brady and being in the hunt for SuperBowls every season?

Now if Green Bay or Indianapolis positions became available, I think he would have a tough time turning those positions down. Quite frankly Chuck Pagano is the WORST headcoach in the entire league. Andrew Luck looked like a superstar under Bruce Arians and has regressed considerably under Chuck Pagano these past couple of seasons. Don't be surprised if Indy gets rid of Pagano.
Good teams don't hire HC very often. He wants to be a HC. Not sure why anyone thinks he would only want an easy job. That doesn't govwitj the personality it takes to make it to where he has.

Schefter is talking out of his ass since BB is dealing the Garopollo situation pretty close to his chest I believe, but the McDaniels situation I'm not sure, it may be interesting for Josh to spread the rumor he is on to something in the off season so he can hear what else is there like "if you wait another year we have something for you".

I'm calling it, McCarthy's days are numbered in Green Bay.

What if GB wins Sunday night and win the division title?

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes somewhere, but I hope he makes a good choice for himself. I used to like Bedard a bit, but now he comes off as such a know-it-all that I can't take him anymore.

Chumley ****** is insufferable.

I think its 50/50 Josh is back next year.

He and BB have been very vocal about his aspirations to be a HC somewhere.

Some team is going to blow him away. I'm convinced of it.

He'll just need to decide if its the best situation for him and his family.

Last edited:
Speculation from Lombardi is that Josh is not taking a job where he doesn't have complete control to institute his system. The Rams are probably not that job. I don't know about the Jags, tough to imagine he'd go to the Bills. The Colts have one of the worst GM's in sports, if that job were to open up.

I agree with posters above. He's learned his lesson, he's not just taking any job. The right structure from ownership down is going to be key.

Now if Green Bay or Indianapolis positions became available, I think he would have a tough time turning those positions down. Quite frankly Chuck Pagano is the WORST head coach in the entire league. Andrew Luck looked like a superstar under Bruce Arians and has regressed considerably under Chuck Pagano these past couple of seasons. Don't be surprised if Indy gets rid of Pagano.

If Josh McDaniels becomes an Indiot I will sit down and cry... for him, not for us. Think about who his bosses will be. He'll go from Kraft and Belichick to Irshit and Gagme. Pagano is a HOFer compared to those two dopesticks.

As for Luck, I don't think he's a superstar. I'd put him in the pretty good category. His lifetime completion % is under 60% for the regular season and the playoffs. There are plenty of better QBs.

Whether or not Bedard is right, what's so improbable about McDaniels wanting to be the top man somewhere next year?

I agree. It isn't improbable by any stretch considering some franchises are currently a disaster and the HC prospects are Slim Pickens (as PPimp says, JM should think loooong before going to a Browns or Rams). I think the key phrase in your post is "bedard is right". Given his schtick track record, his name isn't synonymous with anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back