PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article Urging Fans to Follow "America's Team" - the Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not take this the wrong way. But it is so weird for me to see Americans be so eager to root for an underdog but then when they make it root for their demise. It is like an endless cycle. At the same time America is all about winning (like olympics or being best military etc) there is such a weird disconnect.
Just an observation from a legal alien in the USA.
Either way Pats4life!!!
Human nature, we want what we don't have, then we get it and eventually begin to resent it (example: a new job). Doesn't apply to everything, but I think it applies here.

I was thinking about it. If I was anything but a pats fan, I wouldn’t REALLY not want us to win. You have a team that’s dominated the league and made 7 SBs in 18 years... and then 3 teams that (I think?) have never won a Super Bowl. Would just be cooler to see someone else

Good thing I am a pats fan and still want us to get another one :)

It's like what Parcells said to a player before coming out of the tunnel in Dallas before a game when he was with the Giants. He observed all the boos raining down on his team and said to the player..See they hate us so much that they love us,

Well that' it boys.

It was a good run but I'm off to find a jaguar forum.

Convert and set your self free

I don't think he should've mentioned JimmyG!

What a crappy article. Geez. I bet goodell would be happy with a Jacksonville vs Minnesota super bowl lol. Best possible matchup would be pats vs Vikings.

I don’t agree. The owners want jax in london....like, now..but jax needs momentum to get people excited over there. A sb win would obviously do that.

Non pats fans always used the word cheaters. It's weak. It's a word they use because they can't stand the failures of their own franchise and take it on the team that has been the most successful. It makes them feel good .
“Cheatriots” is all they can come up with?

hgh6.gif

The Pats are the benchmark, the one constant in a transient league that you can use to measure any team against. Naturally everyone wants to know who can beat the Pats? Pats winning is the natural order of things, it’s not interesting so people root for any of the 31 underdogs.

Comical.

I’ll say this though... I think non Pats fans are almost unanimous against us this time. Its Patriot fatigue. It’s real and it’s out there. Guess I don’t blame them.

The 4th sentence was hilarious:

Tom Brady is a snake-oil salesman peddling magic water and pajamas; Blake Bortles drinks from the tap and sleeps in a T-shirt he got for free at a bar in 2013.

After that, though, it was a bunch of whiny nothingness

This is mildly entertaining, with some relatively amusing paragraphs in here:

We Should All Be Rooting for America's Team, the Jacksonville Jaguars

Always interesting to read the outside perspective in terms of how we're viewed, and this one certainly hits on many. :rolleyes:

Might be funnier if he didn't steal Adam Schein's shtick...he's been jokingly calling the Jags America's team for several years now.

Tough being a fan of anyone other than the Pats, I guess.

Mods, pls ban OP for posting something that will lead to extra clicks for a semi-funny (at times) rant that relies way too hard on the cheating canard.
What's with Big Brother?
Last week Ian admonishes the game day thread participants for not engaging in group think.....and now he is pulverizing us with doublethink propaganda using an article from "Vice" -an Orwellian psyops contractor.

You see whats going on here, don't you?

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
George Orwell, 1984

Ian ...you devious SOB

OT: Soylent Green is people

Last edited:
Vice should stick to what they are good at; Desus and Mero, Sex and Drugs...

Wanted to read it. Saw it was Vice. Oh, well.

If nothing else, I'm sure we an all agree that when we think America, the first thing that crosses our mind is "Jacksonville Jaguars!".

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Comical.

I’ll say this though... I think non Pats fans are almost unanimous against us this time. Its Patriot fatigue. It’s real and it’s out there. Guess I don’t blame them.

Please use an archive.is link when sharing articles like this. Never use the original URL. It won't count their clicks if viewed through an archive.is link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back