PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we ignoring the recent Guerrero news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me, I don't understand the concern so many have with Guerrero. Brady associates with more than a few strange birds, so what's one more? He likes the guy a lot, has seemingly benefited from his association with Guerrero so why should I give a ****? And I don't.
I don't think people care which birds Tom hangs with but people don't like that Guerrero is not just a strange bird but a shady one.

God I just detest Gurrero and I wish Tom had never met him.
Why? He has obviously helped his health.

Here's my theory on why Tom's become so smitten with such a shady guy. The timeline might be a little off so correct me if I have something egregiously wrong. I think that Brady's QB mentor and almost second father Martinez dying in early 2012 really messed him up. He'd had someone guiding him his entire life from childhood, giving him advice on probably everything.
That would be his real father not his throwing coach.

And now he had this giant hole in his life. Now he may have already known Guerrero prior to this but this desire for someone to help guide his life led him to glum on to the guy almost obsessively. It cannot be a coincidence that it was around 2012-13 that Brady started his whole lifestyle and health crusade stuff. And its kind of spiraled out of control since then.
It’s not a coincidence at all because it’s not true.

Willie McGinest recommended Guerrero to Brady. Brady blew out his knee in 2008 and Guerrero led him through rehab.
Many athletes and non athletes as well have personal trainers (and close friends and business partners too) and it doesn’t signify deep seated psychological problems and daddy issues.

Brady had a strong family and a good marriage to an evidently intelligent woman h doesn’t need someone to “guide his life”.
Jesus the things people come up with around here :rolleyes:

Brady associates with more than a few strange birds, so what's one more?

you know what they say.....birds of a feather

a152a4448308060280cda96743f87f29--tom-brady-long-hair-sport-new.jpg

Why? He has obviously helped his health.

That would be his real father not his throwing coach.

It’s not a coincidence at all because it’s not true.

Willie McGinest recommended Guerrero to Brady. Brady blew out his knee in 2008 and Guerrero led him through rehab.
Many athletes and non athletes as well have personal trainers (and close friends and business partners too) and it doesn’t signify deep seated psychological problems and daddy issues.

Brady had a strong family and a good marriage to an evidently intelligent woman h doesn’t need someone to “guide his life”.
Jesus the things people come up with around here :rolleyes:

Too bad, I liked it better thinking that Brady had a hint of tragedy rather than just being dumb.

Too bad, I liked it better thinking that Brady had a hint of tragedy rather than just being dumb.
It clearly has worked for him why would that make him dumb?
Is Willie McGinest, Gronk, Hightower and the majority of the players on the team who are now Guerrero clients dumb?

I don't think people care which birds Tom hangs with but people don't like that Guerrero is not just a strange bird but a shady one.
I can think of at least one other shady...no, never mind, not going there...;)

It clearly has worked for him why would that make him dumb?
Is Willie McGinest, Gronk, Hightower and the majority of the players on the team who are now Guerrero clients dumb?

Probably.

Probably.
So let me understand. These players who know him, hire him, use his methods, and swear by him are stupid, based upon what personal knowledge that you have?

So let me understand. These players who know him, hire him, use his methods, and swear by him are stupid, based upon what personal knowledge that you have?

After his rookie year I remember seeing an ad at the mall with Gronk shilling one of those chi power balance bracelets.

Athletes can be dumb.

After his rookie year I remember seeing an ad at the mall with Gronk shilling one of those chi power balance bracelets.

Athletes can be dumb.
That’s your personal insight into why players are stupid to employ Guerrero?
Because Gronk accepted an endorsement?

That’s your personal insight into why players are stupid to employ Guerrero?
Because Gronk accepted an endorsement?

Why do you care so much? I'm just some dude on the internet. The players aren't hearing me and getting so dispirited that they'll never win again.

anyone who thinks that nutrition is not one of or the most important aspects to an athlete's success is being foolish.

Athletes can be dumb.
Brady admitted to making a mistake for endorsing the anti-concussion water. It could have been a lackey of his who signed off on it without his knowledge. Who knows. These guys get hit with a dozen business propositions a week. Tough to do due-dilligence on everything.

Eastern medicine and the human body are still a mystery. I do think some things Guerrero endorses like massage, flexibility and a no sugar no meat diet is legit.

The problem is because of his shady business dealings and his philosophy runs counter to traditional medicine and because of that he has zero cred.

Tom vetted him so it is what it is.

Why do you care so much? I'm just some dude on the internet. The players aren't hearing me and getting so dispirited that they'll never win again.
You made an argument I’m curious to see your facts.
By your standard why ever discuss anything with anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents