PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we ignoring the recent Guerrero news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can believe that certain things Brady has gleaned from Guerrero--that a lot of junk food is poison for your body, eating clean can help your metabolism, and there may be more efficient ways to working out than driving yourself to death in the gym 5 days a week--has helped prolong Brady's career, and you can also believe that there's reasons to be leery of Guerrero, or that he's he's a mix of some good principles and bad ideas too. Certainly, painting all of "western medicine" as harmful and going against the team doctors is a way to paint yourself as the heel fast.

When you get right down to it, Bill thinks Guerrero is full of ****. If he thought he could help and collaborate with Cabrera's guys and the team doctors and not undermine so much this might have been avoided
Say what you will about the Wickersham article, but I thought it was interesting that he noted that the Patriots coaching staff thought that Brady's continued high performance had less to do with anything TB12 has churned up and more to do with the practical improvements Brady has made with his game (climbing the pocket, scrambling, and deep pass accuracy).

It's ESPN, so I will take it with a grain of salt until it is corroborated by a more credible source. But this is shocking. Things were worse than I realized. Makes me wonder how close they were to keeping Garoppollo and dumping Brady after the year ended. I'm really starting to think that the reports were true and the call to keep Brady over Jimmy was Kraft's, not Bill's. The alternative is, that Bill went against his his own method of operation for the first time in 17 years. When has he ever kept the older guy over the young up an comer? Also seems likely that the Brady and Bill relationship isn't that great, as reported. Why would it be? They are boss and employee. How many people genuinely like their boss? I'm sure there is a ton of mutual respect. A lot less sure Tom likes him.

Report: Pats strip Brady's trainer of privileges

I don't like the sounds of this one bit. Hopefully Kraft isn't forced to step in.

If the reports are true that there were issues with the medical/training staff and Guerrero, I side 100% with BB on this. You can’t have a guy not on the payroll overstepping his boundaries and advising players go against the team medical staff and strength and conditioning trainers.

At the end, Guerrero is there because of Brady. And if Brady credits Guerrero for his continued success that’s awesome, but from what I’ve read about the TB12 training method, I don’t think it’s the best for Linemen, who needs to be big, strong and explosive, to be working more on pliability, And body weight workouts and ignore lifting weights. At least not during their football careers.

And regards to BB relationship with Brady, this shouldn’t ruin it. BB comes off as a guy that keeps everything professional anyways.

The ones defending that con man Guerrero are the same ones who bought Brady's $200 cookbook.
If you shampoo with guacamole ice cream while standing on Brady's cookbook, you can't resist the urge to throw the ball into traffic while your coach is screaming "Spike it" in your helmet.

The best thing Alexandro could have done with all these years is get a medical degree.
Heck, even a DO or go to the Carribean for a foreign medical degree. That would give him some cred if he were to criticize or eschew western/allopathic/conventional practices.

Like any alternative thinker, whisperer, etc., he hit a goldmine with TB in terms of marketability, validation, and the ultimate case study in the absence of data.

Say what you will about the Wickersham article, but I thought it was interesting that he noted that the Patriots coaching staff thought that Brady's continued high performance had less to do with anything TB12 has churned up and more to do with the practical improvements Brady has made with his game (climbing the pocket, scrambling, and deep pass accuracy).
I liked the Wick article. I thought it was informative. Not sure I buy all the BB quotes but whatever

It's a Boston Globe article, not ESPN, by the way. Us older fans remember when they used to cover football. Medical staff in the stadium, Guerrero 10 minutes away. I don't see the big deal. Brady is allowed to train in the stadium with Guerrero. They're fine with him as a supplement, but they don't want a team guru instead of medical staff.

BB and Kraft want Brady and enjoy winning Super bowls. Everything else is secondary. They'll draft or acquire a young qb and turn him into a winner, because that's what they do, in case you haven't noticed the 5-6 NFL QBs who were groomed here.

because people don't like to hear that what they are currently eating is not good for them and there is a better way. People are creatures of habit...and don't want to give up things they like.
If Guerrero told me that beer, pizza and potato chips were bad for me I would fire him

Always thought that this relationship with the team would not end well, it seems to have been completely out of character regarding how the Patriots do business.. I can see him clashing with the medical staff, while I believe his stretching of the muscles is important a lot of the rest of his methods are junk science and only work if you believe they will work.

If the Pats believed his system had great value they would have brought him on as some sort of consultant, however that does not seem to case here... nothing stops the players from stopping by his place after practice.

If Guerrero told me that beer, pizza and potato chips were bad for me I would fire him

He would probably say to either get more sleep or get up and do some yoga before 7 AM instead of posting on a message board.

This should be merged into the original Guerrero thread.

I don't like the sounds of this one bit. Hopefully Kraft isn't forced to step in.
You should find another team to root for especially since you have no roots in New England. Please do in fact.

It's ESPN, so I will take it with a grain of salt until it is corroborated by a more credible source. But this is shocking. Things were worse than I realized. Makes me wonder how close they were to keeping Garoppollo and dumping Brady after the year ended. I'm really starting to think that the reports were true and the call to keep Brady over Jimmy was Kraft's, not Bill's. The alternative is, that Bill went against his his own method of operation for the first time in 17 years. When has he ever kept the older guy over the young up an comer? Also seems likely that the Brady and Bill relationship isn't that great, as reported. Why would it be? They are boss and employee. How many people genuinely like their boss? I'm sure there is a ton of mutual respect. A lot less sure Tom likes him.

Report: Pats strip Brady's trainer of privileges

Jesus...

This has absolutely nothing to do with Brady/JG but is simply about hierarchy. Like Curran said on QuickSlants you can't have players ignoring/second guessing what Moses C. and other strength and conditioning coaches are saying because of Guerrero. If players want to work with him on their own then good for them but first and foremost they have to follow the instructions set by the Patriots coaches and trainers.

Also please stop spewing this Brady/BB garbage because there is no bigger declaration of loyalty to a 40 year old QB than begrudgingly sending his successor away to SF. Brady still gives this team the best chance to win and thats why he is still here and JG is not.

Things are pretty obvious.. we dont need some idiotic conspiracy theories here.

If he was as valuable as some want us to believe that Pats would have formalized this relationship a while ago and added him as some type of consultant.. as much as he seems to be a positive influence on Brady's longevity he has no business in the locker room or on the sideline.

If Guerrero continued his presence with the Pats it may have descended into a legal slippery slope for the Patriots.. risk vs. reward.

"Supreme Greens" which Guerrero pimped as a cure ailments such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease and "neurosafe" a drink that would prevent and speed recovery from concussions both drew the attention of the FDA... he was told to cease and desist both of these products by the FDA...

Tom Brady’s Guru Was Twice Sued for Fraud

He would probably say to either get more sleep or get up and do some yoga before 7 AM instead of posting on a message board.
He can stick it. I need coffee and my news, sports, Patriots and financial fix before I work out.

You should find another team to root for especially since you have no roots in New England. Please do in fact.
I think that is out of bounds. Many of us are non-native fans. That was unnecessary.

Back to the topic : I think many of us "don't like it". It's G's shady past that bothers me most.

I think that is out of bounds. Many of us are non-native fans. That was unnecessary.

Back to the topic : I think many of us "don't like it". It's G's shady past that bothers me most.
I never said you cant be a huge fan if you are not from New England. I am trying to help him move along with his life. This obviously isnt healthy for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents