PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we ignoring the recent Guerrero news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not allowed on the sidelines or the team plane either. I'm not sure what BB has against me! I've got some great advice for Tom ****in Brady.

I'm curious how AG came to be on the sideline, plane, office on premises (not TB12 place) to begin with if his association was primarily with Brady. Who authorized this and if he was not part of the training/medical team, couldn't one see the potential for conflict down the road given his close proximity to the team.

He's a ****ing idiot no matter what his agenda is. That's like saying we have to take Goodell seriously if he defends Tom Brady (which I'm sure you and many others would...it would still be wrong).
Zo is one of us....a Patriot for life. Patriot fans like our Zo and we’ve felt this way since he was a backup

So watch your mouth son:p

If Brady is bummed because of this, I couldn’t care any less. I hate when grown men acquire adult binkies. I hope Guerrero isn’t Toms binkie

He's not employed by the Patriots. There may be a rift between the two, but I don't see anything wrong with what Belichick is doing here.

Is there any doubt why BB hates the media and all things that distract from the game on Sunday? For cripes sake, can't we have a run up to the playoffs that talks about all the good things going for our team? No, we have to talk about some butthead that was given a lot of privileges by the team, overstepped his bounds, got tossed by BB and now it has to be blown into the biggest mountain out of a molehill that we have ever seen. BB hates Brady! BB wanted to keep Garappollo. Kraft overruled him and now he is taking it out on Brady through his guru (the theory being spouted right now by the biggest media buffoon ever, Gary Tanguay)! This is the beginning of the end of the relationship between BB and Brady! Oy, I hate this stuff.

We are going for the No. 1 seed and HFA in the playoffs; an 8th trip (!!!!!!) to the Superbowl in the last 16 years and our 6th ring! Please focus on that, not this garbage. Listen to BB.

I see this problem all the time. Traditional ATs are good at bones, okay at ligaments but terrible at soft tissue injuries and overuse problems. Massage and other alt treatments help, make athletes feel much better and improve performance. What happens? The ATs get pissed off because the athletes start heading to the massage guys for treatment instead of getting tape, ice, e-stim and other stone age treatments. Painkillers are an epidemic in sports. ATs circle the wagons, demand complete control over the treatments and who loses? The players.
Ever done some running/jogging and get shin splints? Did you ask an AT or doc what you should do? I bet you were told to ice, stretch and maybe given a tape job. Did it work? Of course not. That treatment is useless, but some there are trigger points and fascial release techniques that will fix it. ATs are not trained in those techniques, so when their approach fails and a runner finds another one that works, the AT gets pissed and defensive. The ATs hold all the cards. Again, who loses? The athletes.
Rant over.

So what did happen anyway? Did Alex G. say the training staff sucked?

I have been saying that TB must be hurt. The past 3 or 4 games he has been there when needed but overall performance isn't good for 60 minutes or whatever time he is on the field. I have blamed this on injuries or injury. Maybe there is something to the fact that BB banned his business partner. I have always thought of AG as someone that takes advantage if others! Not the kind of partner I would expect TB to be associated with. So maybe BB has upset TB with his decision to ban AG. I support BB. Basically AG is a criminal what does that make TB? A partner in crime or a victim?

western medicine=prescribing drugs to treat a problem instead of trying to find ways to stop the problem from occurring in the first place. Pharmaceutical companies control everything.
People have to wake up and realize they have much more control of their own health and the prevention of disease and ailments.

How could our Tommy associate with someone as evil of Guerrero? How could he be taken in so badly? How can he not see it? .... sounds like a bunch of gossiping women. Brady likes AG, thinks he really helps him, and is going to be MVP of the NFL this year. At age 40!!

It's complicated.

1. All of these guys have trainers/advisers outside the team. Being a supreme professional athlete is a day-in, day-out, every day of the year commitment. If the teams say "so long, see you again at OTAs", of course they are going to seek out trainers and facilities to keep themselves at the top.

2. It's understandable that the team wants to have a clear line of command. But I'd be much more impressed if I thought that the Patriots had an outstanding record of sports science and medicine. Not just the lamentable injury record, but the idea that running up a few hills is the way to keep athletes' stamina up for the end of a season. Compared with other top-level sports that's just primitive.

3. The East-versus-West conflict is simplistic. Sure, Guerrero has embraced stuff that rightly got him into trouble. But the record of Western methods for athletic training and sports injuries isn't perfect by any means. It sounds (see, say, Curran's old article from 2015 -- Curran: Who is Alex Guerrero? Here's what I know . . . ) as though Guerrero has some very good methods and ideas too.

Personally, I wish that BB brought in someone scientifically advanced and open-minded to re-visit old assumptions and re-structure training and rehabilitation according to the best evidence. I'm afraid he's too "old school" to embrace that.

I'm curious how AG came to be on the sideline, plane, office on premises (not TB12 place) to begin with if his association was primarily with Brady. Who authorized this and if he was not part of the training/medical team, couldn't one see the potential for conflict down the road given his close proximity to the team.
I think the way AG got to be on the Pats sideline is that he probably works with Brady on his pre-game preparation, and when it's over and the game starts, he just remains on the sideline. Kind of like a ball boy, only with nothing to do.

This paragraph from the Globe article gets to the heart of the matter...

Belichick indicated to the team’s medical and training staff at the time that his hands were tied because of Brady’s special status with the franchise, according to a source with direct knowledge of Belichick’s exchange with the staffers. The source said Belichick told those who complained about Guerrero: Tom wants him. What am I supposed to do?

Has Brady earned special status? Of Course
Has Brady sacrificed for the team? His 50 cents on the dollar pay check is the ultimate sacrifice enabling NE to assemble a deeper roster (most years)

Does Brady's "special status" diminish Belichick's authoritative control within the organization? Absolutely. Allowing two clashing entities, NE's medical/training staff vs Guerrero & Co. to coexist within the confines of Gillette, is proof positive Belichick had ceded some authority.

Has "special status" been a negative for NE in the past? That answer likely varies depending on who you ask. Gronkowski carved out a "special status" designation ...allowing his agent, family, personal doctors to call the shots ...after repeated injury+distrust of NE's medical staff. Given Gronk's value to the team, BB deferred to his player's wishes...but at the same time let it be known indirectly of his dissatisfaction of the arrangement. In the short run, Gronk's cautious approach meant NE fielded weaker rosters. In the long run, Gronk is healthier and beastier today.

Has BB reached a tipping point? Most definitely. Having more NFL success and experience spanning over 5 decades than any human alive, BB understands locker rooms and human nature. He has demonstrated a zero tolerance approach to "locker room lawyers" and his recent Guerrero actions demonstrate a similar approach....though we can't call it "zero tolerance". Let's call it "2% tolerance" since BB has allowed Guerrero to retain partial on-site access to just one player.

I'm interested in Brady's mind set on this.
"Patriot Way" Tom Brady has to understand BB's mindset on this one....eliminate distractions, unified focus, singular goal, etc.
On the other hand.....Businessman/loyal friend/pliability believer Tom Brady must have his own strong opinions on the matter....including some animosity because BB's actions diminish his brand.

Knowing team player Brady as we do, this "matter" is now history IMO.....despite how many times the Henry's Globe keeps reprinting their version of the "news"

You should find another team to root for especially since you have no roots in New England. Please do in fact.
Now, that's how you build a national franchise!

western medicine=prescribing drugs to treat a problem instead of trying to find ways to stop the problem from occurring in the first place. Pharmaceutical companies control everything.
People have to wake up and realize they have much more control of their own health and the prevention of disease and ailments.

most alternative medicines = unproven money-making schemes run by quacks, CEOs who laugh on their yachts as their bottles of sugar pills, magic water, and other worthless junk fly off the shelves at CVS and Walgreens. where they now have their own SECTION.

Greedy charlatans control everything.

People have to wake up and realize they ought to trust clinically-tested science-based medicine over voodoo woo.

It's complicated.

1. All of these guys have trainers/advisers outside the team. Being a supreme professional athlete is a day-in, day-out, every day of the year commitment. If the teams say "so long, see you again at OTAs", of course they are going to seek out trainers and facilities to keep themselves at the top.

2. It's understandable that the team wants to have a clear line of command. But I'd be much more impressed if I thought that the Patriots had an outstanding record of sports science and medicine. Not just the lamentable injury record, but the idea that running up a few hills is the way to keep athletes' stamina up for the end of a season. Compared with other top-level sports that's just primitive.

3. The East-versus-West conflict is simplistic. Sure, Guerrero has embraced stuff that rightly got him into trouble. But the record of Western methods for athletic training and sports injuries isn't perfect by any means. It sounds (see, say, Curran's old article from 2015 -- Curran: Who is Alex Guerrero? Here's what I know . . . ) as though Guerrero has some very good methods and ideas too.

Personally, I wish that BB brought in someone scientifically advanced and open-minded to re-visit old assumptions and re-structure training and rehabilitation according to the best evidence. I'm afraid he's too "old school" to embrace that.
Mike the Brit has the answers ....pay attention Bill.

NE should scour Europe for doctors who have had the biggest impact on European sport.
Let's try to hire the doctor of recently banned British cycling champion/ Tour de France winner Chris Froome. His prescription pad can't be all that busy these days.
Lance Armstrong's state of the art Italian doctors must have some free time on their hands.
Now I know Mike the Brit's newly formulated expertise on sports physio coincides with the influx of medical technology/concepts recently introduced into European soccer. Some teams have group nap time, group snack time, personal fluffers to help take the edge off, etc. which all sounds great. And I'm sure the physios who devote their lives to help maintain the ultimate fitness level for their 150 lb non contact athletes are the finest on the continent and the Isle.
Money better spent...IMO....would be to trim away the extra costs hyperbolic chambers and other very important gear and personnel ....and divert these funds towards better recruitment of Latin players....the only players that matter.
And if any money is left over....a DENTAL plan.

I just hope the Euro Way will make it across the pond in time to assist an 80 year BB as he attempts to hoist 10 Lombardis above his head......all earned using primitive conditioning tactics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick