PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers Tried to Acquire Rodgers...?

What if it's all orchestrated bullchit designed to get the twitterverse to explode and drive up ratings tonight?

I think they've always been big on Jones, and not only that, they're aware of other teams being big on Jones. This isn't unique to see the mock draft world totally unaware of a situation like this.

Just an interesting piece of context around this: several of these coaches are pretty close to each other. Mike LaFleur (Jets offensive coordinator picking second), Matt LaFleur (Packers coach, in talks with 49ers), and Shanahan have obvious ties. So, I'd be very, very surprised if Shanahan had no idea that Mike LaFleur was going to pick Zach Wilson. I wonder if there are other considerations here...example: were the Falcons looking to move up one spot to pick Mac Jones? There's been some smoke about them looking to rebuild and if Shanahan loves Jones than it's probably because he has similarities to Ryan, so the Falcons would have interest too.

And I'll add that just because the 49ers would be willing to trade the 3rd pick for Aaron Rodgers doesn't mean they didn't have a solid plan for why they wanted that 3rd pick. Based on where they are as an organization with their talent, I don't see how they could pass on Rodgers if they can afford him.
All I know is that in about 4 hours we'll have the answers to most of these questions and it'll finally be f***ing over.

All I know is that in about 4 hours we'll have the answers to most of these questions and it'll finally be f***ing over.
BUT WE NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW!!!!!

giphy.gif

Anyone else sick & tired of the 49ers.

They stole our heir apparent, traded up to number 3 and now want a piece of A-Rod.

Like save some for the rest of us baby..

One serious question I have - how could Shanahan trade for Rodgers when there's a chance he could be dead by Sunday?
Hopefully Kittle texts him Sunday to confirm he's alive like he said he would on social media ;)

I hope he forces his way to the SF just so the QBs will get pushed back. Gives us a better chance to trade up for a QB Bill likes. The next three hours are going to feel like days.

Interesting...

You have to wonder if Lynch blew his chance at Rogers by trading up for the #3 pick.

The package they used to get #3 plus Jimmy and Boss might have been enough to get Rogers.

Interesting...

Is an "unimpeachable" source really just a synonym for anonymous? You impeach witnesses by showing inconsistency with past statements (remember Florio is a lawyer). You can't impeach an anonymous source because they never go on the record.

Lame choice of words.

I would send him out to denver if i am the packers.

Reactions: Ian
this is why I hate Rodgers, had how long to do this? and does it just hours before the draft. Biggest "me" player in the league.

has nothing to do with Brady
How did I know you'd weigh in with that hot take? Virtually every sports network has speculated the opposite take. You ever going to change your screen name? Brady plays in a different conference for cripes sakes

In San Francisco, he would finally be able to be his true self. That has to account for a lot. Hell, he’d become an icon and probably the most famous American in the world today.

Fair to ask: what's with the timing of these leaks about Rodgers? And does really make me wonder if he'll be traded.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back