PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

31 Overall Pick Sony Michel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s literally the perfect Lewis replacement. I’ve felt that the whole offseason, even before we lost Lewis. That’s why he was my favorite player in the draft.

I’ve been watching him and scouting him for a couple years. Every time I watched Georgia to scout Nick Chubb, Michel always impressed me more. More explosive, more shifty, great pass blocker, even has a return for a TD. Don’t get me wrong, Chubb is gonna be a helluva back, I just think Michel is better.

Do yourself a favor, if you have any reservations about the Michel pick, watch the 2018 Rose Bowl vs Oklahoma. Michel was incredible. It’s a showcase of what he can bring to the Pats.
No reservations, I love the love the pick. It shows the staff is flexible & go by a case by case basis in terms of checking off certain boxes & this was the fumble rate.

I've probably watched every game available & his live ones a few times on dvr. Im on to 2019 & looking forward to watching him as a pat ;)

It's insane he ran for 1250 yards at a 7.9 ypc while having another RB tandem teammate drafted in the second round

It's insane he ran for 1250 yards at a 7.9 ypc while having another RB tandem teammate drafted in the second round
That is pretty crazy when you think about it. You don’t see too many RB tandems drafted in the first and second rounds. Pretty impressive stuff.

Only fumbled 2 times as a senior, read that somewhere.
That’s promising but during his college career he lost the ball once every 54 touches when the average is around 124 for RB prospects.

Also, just read that 6 of those 12 fumbles were in his freshman year so that’s a positive.

Last edited:
That’s promising but during his college career he lost the ball once every 54 touches when the average is around 124 for RB prospects.
Sony had 3 fumbles 2016 lost 1, and 2 in 2017 lost 1

I think bc their rookies & obviously this being the Pats some have a wait & see approach. Sometimes you have to but anyone can say wait & see, it something else all together to know ahead of time. I said this about Wynn, being the 2nd best OL'm on the team & think Michel will be our RB1 by years end. As long as he holds onto the ball & I have faith in him & our staff, he's our best RB. We don't have anyone else like him.

Who knows the reason BB made this selection (or any other). Possibly its a transition to running the ball as Brady gets older. BB alway is a year or two ahead of the curve.

Given the OL he's going to run behind in the pros, I'll make a bold prediction of OROY for Michel. This may be the most lethal ground game that Brady's played with since 2004.

Given the OL he's going to run behind in the pros, I'll make a bold prediction of OROY for Michel.

I think Barkley is going to be more of a feature back for the Gnats than Michel will be for NE. Barkley should get more carries in their offense.

I think Barkley is going to be more of a feature back for the Gnats than Michel will be for NE. Barkley should get more carries in their offense.

Their OL and passing game aren't anywhere near as good as New England's, though. He'll be facing more 8-man boxes than Michel will.

Given the OL he's going to run behind in the pros, I'll make a bold prediction of OROY for Michel. This may be the most lethal ground game that Brady's played with since 2004.
Can't wait for more devastating play-action passing!

Their OL and passing game aren't anywhere near as good as New England's, though. He'll be facing more 8-man boxes than Michel will.

NYG ’s offensive line will be pretty good with Solder and Will Hernandez added to the left side. Maybe not as good as NE’s but pretty darn good.

Also, another name to look out for is Rashaad Penny. In fact, I think the Pats were targetting him before Michel. I don’t know if Seattle’s offensive line is any good but this kid can play.

NYG ’s offensive line will be pretty good with Solder and Will Hernandez added to the left side. Maybe not as good as NE’s but pretty darn good.

Also, another name to look out for is Rashaad Penny. In fact, I think the Pats were targetting him before Michel. I don’t know if Seattle’s offensive line is any good but this kid can play.

Wait til you see how "good" Solder is with Eli Manning's pressure mitigation instead of Tom Brady's.

Seattle's line is putrid and Penny's a dancer. Likes to ignore holes and bounce outside way too much. Good college player because he could outrun everyone once he bounced outside but he's going to look like Maroney in the pros.

I think it can be defined as situational football. We weren't very good in short
yardage situations. Wynn and Michel can help us in those important situations.
No reverses to Brandin Cooks or passes to TB12!

Props to the offensive line. I'm sure there was a good player on that line that somebody could have drafted.
I think there was a guy that teams were considering, but I hear that he’s short as hell.

Last season Seattle O-line was garbage. We shall see how it is gonna play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back