PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 PostGame Thread: Week 13 - Patriots Lose to Chargers 6-0

Immediate Postgame Reactions
BOB. What an OC, eh?
people in here were brainwashed by Patriots propaganda machine. Bill O'Brien never coached a top 10 offense in Houston. He is an average at best offensive coordinator. And why was he good here? I'll give you two words. Tom Brady. Brady is the reason for all of this team success. did we now have a coach who is 27-36 since Brady left.

Another game that I was unable to watch, so I just read the GDT. Apparently we may not even have next year's back up QB on this squad.

Looks like we'll be moving into the 2nd overall pick after the week is over, pending Carolina maybe tied for the 1st overall.

I could see us potentially competing with Pittsburgh, Jets, and Broncos.. though I really hope not. I root against us at this point as a top 3 pick is everything.

Dude, maybe you did not watch the game. The Chargers scored 6 points. Trying to pump up Herbert makes you look silly.
I'm not pumping up Herbert. He was terrible the whole game. But the one throw that the Chargers needed him to make he did it. And it was an outside route, which our popgun armed QBs could not have made if they were in the same position.

Just stating facts. I know you're salty that we lost. But fact is the Chargers QB made the one throw they needed. Our QB never managed to do so. Whether it's Zappe or Mac Jones the result was the same.

remember people in here were getting all excited and talking about the moral victories of playing close games against Miami and Philadelphia? yeah what happened to that? This team was never good and was never going to be good. based on the roster. The roster is and always has been a bottom 10 roster in the NFL.
Yeah remember those optimistic assholes, what a bunch of pricks!!

Wow. Went to run an errand for the last couple hours and just saw the final score. LOL. 6-0.

Pretty awful way to lose but also a pretty bad win for the Chargers. That team should be so much better.

I have a hard time putting the blame on Zappe. He obviously could've been better, but he wasn't ****ting his pants and throwing panic balls. He threw multiple passes that could have been huge plays if his man had caught it or had gotten another foot in bounds. Other times he just got screwed. He didn't have any plays where he personally screwed the pooch that I can think of. This one was really just on the OL and receivers blowing it. That said, Zappe can absolutely be upgraded...
0.0 Mr. Blutarsky.

I have a hard time putting the blame on Zappe. He obviously could've been better, but he wasn't ****ting his pants and throwing panic balls. He threw multiple passes that could have been huge plays if his man had caught it or had gotten another foot in bounds. Other times he just got screwed. He didn't have any plays where he personally screwed the pooch that I can think of. This one was really just on the OL and receivers blowing it. That said, Zappe can absolutely be upgraded...
He will be.

I'd like to see him play in better conditions with Douglas and Boutte active. Again, at this point, it's just about developing him and making an evaluation. If he's more solid after five more weeks, even better. But I agree, I certainly didn't think he was terrible, either. Sort of hoping he can at least become serviceable to buy them time to find somebody else.

Thornton showed flashes.
Left his hands at home.
Ju Ju has been awful.
Zappe is better than Mac.
Our D has a lot of heart.
Bryant was the target no surprise when LA had to have it.
JC Jackson played really well.
Bad game for Dugger.
Great game for Bentley and Uche.
I think Stephenson is out for the season.
Bill can coach D but not O at all.
We need a whole new offense.
Like I mean 3 new Recievers, 2 new tight ends.
A third down receiving back. New Tackles and a QB.
A trade down maybe the move just with a front office who’s capable of picking good players.

Another game that I was unable to watch, so I just read the GDT. Apparently we may not even have next year's back up QB on this squad.

Malik might be OK. Seems like a good guy who is trying hard.

Looks like we'll be moving into the 2nd overall pick after the week is over, pending Carolina maybe tied for the 1st overall.

I could see us potentially competing with Pittsburgh, Jets, and Broncos.. though I really hope not. I root against us at this point as a top 3 pick is everything.
It's sad but the draft is our only hope at the end of the tunnel at this point. We're 2-10. The season is clearly lost.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back