PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 PostGame Thread: Week 13 - Patriots Lose to Chargers 6-0

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Well, Bill Belichick is going to be fired and Mac Jones is likely to be traded. Seems like their fortunes are tied together.
I ONLY fire BB IF he is directly responsible for drafting Corky Mac Jones.

But, I for one refuse to believe that BB is that stupid.
And who said that Kraft wanted O'Brien paired with Mac?
I read about it in the pre season while you were busy writing up fiction about how great Corky was looking in camp.
That was never said publicly.
Evidently is was to ta least 1 individual.
We know he was pissed off about the Patricia experiment and wanted Belichick to bring in a real OC, but O'Brien might have been Belichick's decision because he likes to work with coaches he has a familiarity with and can feel comfortable with. O'Brien fits role.
Yes, Kraft was mad about Patricia, but today he sees the cold hard truth. Nobody can win with that loser Corky Jones.

Patricias offense was better than BOBs yet I dont see you wanting BOB fired. I suppose when there is 1 common denominator in 2 losing seasons its difficult to blame the OC again.
Kraft will let another GM and coach deal with this mess. Belichick is gone. The only reason he isn't gone right now is because he brought this team six trophies.
Who is Kraft going to hire?

Do you have legit names of qualified people?
You are living in a fantasy world if you think Belichick is back next year.
You and reality have not been on the same planet in at least 3 seasons.

As Founder and President of the Corky Mac fan club youve only got a few loyal followers remaining. The rest have all quit. You should be banned from posting in training camp reports in this forum from now on. This off season I read some of the fish stories as you ran amok with your glowing reviews of Corky 2023. We never saw your claims in preseason vs players not wearing NE jerseys.

Like always when living in reality, talk is cheap and money buys whiskey.
Kraft looked at an empty 300 level yesterday and probably decided that Mayo is no longer the heir apparent next year anymore either and he needs to make a splash for who is going to be the head coach and GM next year.
You have no names.

Sticking with Corky and continuing to blame BB, the OL and WRs is not a winning formula for you.

I ONLY fire BB IF he is directly responsible for drafting Corky Mac Jones.

But, I for one refuse to believe that BB is that stupid.

I read about it in the pre season while you were busy writing up fiction about how great Corky was looking in camp.

Evidently is was to ta least 1 individual.

Yes, Kraft was mad about Patricia, but today he sees the cold hard truth. Nobody can win with that loser Corky Jones.

Patricias offense was better than BOBs yet I dont see you wanting BOB fired. I suppose when there is 1 common denominator in 2 losing seasons its difficult to blame the OC again.

Who is Kraft going to hire?

Do you have legit names of qualified people?

You and reality have not been on the same planet in at least 3 seasons.

As Founder and President of the Corky Mac fan club youve only got a few loyal followers remaining. The rest have all quit. You should be banned from posting in training camp reports in this forum from now on. This off season I read some of the fish stories as you ran amok with your glowing reviews of Corky 2023. We never saw your claims in preseason vs players not wearing NE jerseys.

Like always when living in reality, talk is cheap and money buys whiskey.

You have no names.

Sticking with Corky and continuing to blame BB, the OL and WRs is not a winning formula for you.

The Patriots just scored zero points against the worst defense in the league without Mac Jones in there. In a game and a half with Zappe, they have scored seven points. Bill Belichick is done unless he has pictures of Robert Kraft in the massage parlor, he is done. The Patriots are one of the two or three worst teams in the NFL with or without Mac Jones. The offense is a disaster with or without Mac Jones. The only reason Belichick hasn't been fired already is his dynasty run.

And no one reported that Kraft forced O'Brien on Belichick. Belichick has final say in his coaching staff. Kraft was against Patricia and Judge and allowed Belichick to install them on offense. There were reports that Belichick in his year end meeting with Kraft admitted Patricia and Judge were a mistake and he was going to get a real OC. Based on Belichick track record in recent years of hiring coaches that he is comfortable with and knows he can work with, O'Brien seems like a logical choice. The Krafts like the guy too, but that doesn't mean they forced him on Belichick.

As to whom Kraft is going to hire, I have no idea. Kraft probably has already hired a firm to look for the top candidates. Or it could be Mayo. Teams gets new head coaches and GMs every year, many of them are successful and many aren't. Don't act like there is absolutely no one out there. But it isn't my job to hire the head coach or GM.

And I am not defending Mac Jones. Everyone has moved on from the guy. But the offense didn't even get into the red zone on Sunday never mind scoring. How was that Mac's fault? I don't even know if he was on the sidelines on Sunday. I didn't see him. The problems with this offense goes way beyond Mac Jones. I don't want to see Mac play again and I think the Pats should trade him in the offseason, but Sunday proved he wasn't all the problems with this offense. It is horrible. That is on Belichick.

If Jones was all the problem, they would have won the last two games. They have gone a game and half without him and both games, they lost to teams scoring 10 points. In those six quarters, they have scored seven points.

Again, Belichick and Jones' fates were intertwined and both will be gone after the season.

Stop blaming Herbert. It’s his WRs, defense & upper management.

That Quentin Johnston pick is looking Worse by the week. Zay Flowers would've been Exactly what Herbert needed there.

Question: Did Mac Jones dress for the Chargers game or was he present in street clothes? Or did they just have him stay at home?

I don't remember seeing him once on camera during the broadcast. It would seem like they would show him every time Zappe did something wrong or at least talk more about him.

The Patriots just scored zero points against the worst defense in the league without Mac Jones in there. In a game and a half with Zappe, they have scored seven points. Bill Belichick is done unless he has pictures of Robert Kraft in the massage parlor, he is done. The Patriots are one of the two or three worst teams in the NFL with or without Mac Jones. The offense is a disaster with or without Mac Jones. The only reason Belichick hasn't been fired already is his dynasty run.

And no one reported that Kraft forced O'Brien on Belichick. Belichick has final say in his coaching staff. Kraft was against Patricia and Judge and allowed Belichick to install them on offense. There were reports that Belichick in his year end meeting with Kraft admitted Patricia and Judge were a mistake and he was going to get a real OC. Based on Belichick track record in recent years of hiring coaches that he is comfortable with and knows he can work with, O'Brien seems like a logical choice. The Krafts like the guy too, but that doesn't mean they forced him on Belichick.

As to whom Kraft is going to hire, I have no idea. Kraft probably has already hired a firm to look for the top candidates. Or it could be Mayo. Teams gets new head coaches and GMs every year, many of them are successful and many aren't. Don't act like there is absolutely no one out there. But it isn't my job to hire the head coach or GM.

And I am not defending Mac Jones. Everyone has moved on from the guy. But the offense didn't even get into the red zone on Sunday never mind scoring. How was that Mac's fault? I don't even know if he was on the sidelines on Sunday. I didn't see him. The problems with this offense goes way beyond Mac Jones. I don't want to see Mac play again and I think the Pats should trade him in the offseason, but Sunday proved he wasn't all the problems with this offense. It is horrible. That is on Belichick.

If Jones was all the problem, they would have won the last two games. They have gone a game and half without him and both games, they lost to teams scoring 10 points. In those six quarters, they have scored seven points.

Again, Belichick and Jones' fates were intertwined and both will be gone after the season.
Youre the best Corky fan there ever was.

Just because the Pats still lost the last game that in no way absolves your boy Corky.

Kraft would start a Patriots cycle of dysfunction if he lets BB go. Every few years replacing the HC or GM.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Youre the best Corky fan there ever was.

Just because the Pats still lost the last game that in no way absolves your boy Corky.

Kraft would start a Patriots cycle of dysfunction if he lets BB go. Every few years replacing the HC or GM.

Dude, it ain’t about Mac Jones. He is irrelevant at this point.

The fact is the offense scored zero points without Mac Jones against the league’s worst defense. The Patriots are one of the worst teams in the league with or without Mac. That is on Belichick.

And you have no idea if Kraft will not get an excellent head coach and GM to replace Belichick. He may. He may not.

And Belichick is going to be 72 next year. Even if he isn’t fired after the season, how much longer do you think he is going to coach?

Yup. He really thought drafting a weak little arm smurf from a minor conference was a better option than Sam Howell who has already shown he’s a legit starter. One of many BB draft whiffs.

Huh? Calling Zappe a smurf and then comparing him to Sam Howell? Sam Howell is 6' 1" & weighs 220. Bailey Zappe is 6' 1" & weighs 220. On top of that, Zappe has longer arms (31.5 vs 30.75) and bigger hands (9.75 vs 9.25). Don't even start on their college numbers. I assume you know that Zappe holds a number of NCAA records for passing? Zappe over Howell was definitely the right pick in that draft. No whiff there.

I still think that if the Patriots had a real NFL offensive line that gave Zappe some time in the pocket, we'd be celebrating another low-round QB pick by around now.

Huh? Calling Zappe a smurf and then comparing him to Sam Howell? Sam Howell is 6' 1" & weighs 220. Bailey Zappe is 6' 1" & weighs 220. On top of that, Zappe has longer arms (31.5 vs 30.75) and bigger hands (9.75 vs 9.25). Don't even start on their college numbers. I assume you know that Zappe holds a number of NCAA records for passing? Zappe over Howell was definitely the right pick in that draft. No whiff there.

I still think that if the Patriots had a real NFL offensive line that gave Zappe some time in the pocket, we'd be celebrating another low-round QB pick by around now.
Zappe reported as 6'0.5" - the exact same height that most QB's report pre-draft who fall under the 6 foot threshold otherwise they'd never get a second look. I cannot believe Zappe is more than 5'10. No way.

I'm not going to blame BB for taking Zappe over Brock Purdy cause nobody saw this coming from Purdy but Howell is much better than Zappe. That was the right pick 100%. Way stronger arm, more mobile, and very tough. Yes he is shorter than average but someone like that with a good arm can make up for it with a deep drop. We sure aren't seeing batted balls from him. His flaw is taking too many sacks but I don't know if that's him or his OL as I don't follow the Commanders closely. Howell would have put Jones on the bench a while ago.

Zappe reported as 6'0.5" - the exact same height that most QB's report pre-draft who fall under the 6 foot threshold otherwise they'd never get a second look. I cannot believe Zappe is more than 5'10. No way.

I'm not going to blame BB for taking Zappe over Brock Purdy cause nobody saw this coming from Purdy but Howell is much better than Zappe. That was the right pick 100%. Way stronger arm, more mobile, and very tough. Yes he is shorter than average but someone like that with a good arm can make up for it with a deep drop. We sure aren't seeing batted balls from him. His flaw is taking too many sacks but I don't know if that's him or his OL as I don't follow the Commanders closely. Howell would have put Jones on the bench a while ago.

Howell has more picks than Mac Jones. That is saying something right there.

Howell has more picks than Mac Jones. That is saying something right there.
Not really imo. He has 14 ints but 2 games account for 7 of them.

Howell has 6 games > 98 rating . McCorkle has only 1.

I believe Howell is our permanent starting QB right now if he was picked over Zappe.

Not really imo. He has 14 ints but 2 games account for 7 of them.

Howell has 6 games > 98 rating . McCorkle has only 1.

I believe Howell is our permanent starting QB right now if he was picked over Zappe.

You're just trolling us now. The Commanders are 4-9 and Howell has an average QB rating of 85.6, with ratings of 50.5, 74.1 & 62.8 QB ratings in his last 3 games. If we had Howell and he had us at 4-9 with performances like this, you'd still be calling out the Pats for a ****ty pick.

You're just trolling us now. The Commanders are 4-9 and Howell has an average QB rating of 85.6, with ratings of 50.5, 74.1 & 62.8 QB ratings in his last 3 games. If we had Howell and he had us at 4-9 with performances like this, you'd still be calling out the Pats for a ****ty pick.
What was Zappe's rating against the worst pass defense in football on Sunday? Howell would have also put Jones on the bench. 100%.

What was Zappe's rating against the worst pass defense in football on Sunday? Howell would have also put Jones on the bench. 100%.

68.9 which was better than Howell's numbers in two out of his last 3 games.

Face it - they both suck. And we both know it. So stop trying to make the Commander's pick of Howell some kind of indicator of better scouting. He wasn't better on paper than Zappe and he isn't better than Zappe today.

68.9 which was better than Howell's numbers in two out of his last 3 games.

Face it - they both suck. And we both know it. So stop trying to make the Commander's pick of Howell some kind of indicator of better scouting. He wasn't better on paper than Zappe and he isn't better than Zappe today.
Howell is much better than Zappe at just about everything. Zappe was a lousy pick at where he was.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back