PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Harris is breaking out this year. Those two tight ends are going to spring Michel and him for some big gains. Can’t wait

It will be intererstjng if whether they are going to bring back Rex or go with another. I’m guessing it will be Rex.
Agreed I’m thinking 1200 yards. He will beast.

Damien Harris is breaking out this year. Those two tight ends are going to spring Michel and him for some big gains. Can’t wait

It will be intererstjng if whether they are going to bring back Rex or go with another. I’m guessing it will be Rex.

If rex is anywhere near as effective as last year id love to have him back. I was a fan all 4 seasons he was here but i thought he really turned it up a notch the last 2 years. Perfect final piece in that backfield with harris michel taylor and bolden.

but if it looks like he isnt the same , im liking duke Johnson if he hasn’t signed anywhere

There’s an old name there, Rashaan Melvin. It’s too bad it didn’t work out for him here but he’s had a decent career for himself afterward. Hope he can catch on with another team.

It’s a bummer to see Marqise Lee cut even though I was skeptic of him making the team. He was such a great receiver at USC and a promising NFL prospect. Just hasn’t been able to catch a break with all the time he’s missed. Only 29 and presumably healthy so I wonder if he’ll get another shot in this league.

So this is how reported “blockbuster“ Trent contract looks like. Basically c. 2y/40M w option.
But better to go with why would you sign 33y old player to 6y deal mediot shock narrative.
Good deal for both sides for top LT at 33 still playing his best football; low 2021 cap hit.
The added 32.1M fantasy salary in 2026 is so petty though - there just to get fantasy avg over Bakhtiari's deal for 10k!
One would think accomplished 30+ men would be beyond that :)

I think last year gave people unrealistic expectations of free agency. The Niner's don't have a better option than Jimmy right now and unless they want to invest high in the draft, it's easier to stick with a guy who could lead them to a SB. Dak was never leaving. Mariota isn't really highly sought after regardless, he's considered a failure. Then Watson has a price tag that's so steep that it's going to be a waiting game until the Texans feel like someone is going all in

yeah, I think most of these teams talked a big talk. but when push comes to shove they realized their best option is still on the team. at least its a "known" what you are going to get.

End of an era.

Last edited:
I think Meyers & Bourne would be the reason why.
The report on the first day of legal tampering with as that the Patriots contacted both Samuel and Golladay’s agents and were told that.they were looking at other teams they wanted to sign with. I wanted Samuel but if he wanted to play somewhere else there’s not much they can do about that.

great
The report on the first day of legal tampering with as that the Patriots contacted both Samuel and Golladay’s agents and were told that.they were looking at other teams they wanted to sign with. I wanted Samuel but if he wanted to play somewhere else there’s not much they can do about that.

Hoping for Fuller now.
So by that record Golladay Samual and Green all Turned us down.
We are on to Will Fuller?

"legal tampering" is a contradiction in terms...I've always hated it and I despise Crapdell for allowing it

Can you please show us that supposed reports, because I have read virtually all the “reports” since Monday morning and I so nothing about that. I saw a similar report but that involves two of the top running back’s, not Golladay and Samuel. Misinformation with a negative patriots spin brings out the fellowship of the miserable here. Of course that fellowship can find a way to put a negative BB spin on almost every story.

Last edited:
First Round: 15 Second Round: 46 Third Round (comp): 96 Fourth Round: 120 Fourth Round: 122 (Trade) Fourth Round (comp): 139 Sixth Round: 187 (Trade) Sixth Round: 196 Seventh Round: 241

great

Hoping for Fuller now.
Please don’t feed the trolls. Especially when we don’t know if this is true, at all.

Aberration is a bit of a misnomer because it implies there is some predictability, and that something deviated from that. Agholor is still young and developing, so we can't really predict his performance. It's not like he's a grizzled veteran who's been mediocre his entire career and then had a uniquely good season.
That’s pretty much what I was saying. Like I said in one of my previous posts, using aberration in context when looking at stats of a 27 year old with potential entering his prime is a bit odd. But yea, guess I’m sorry for “derailing” a thread.

great

Hoping for Fuller now.

Don't think there is a role for Fuller on this team with Agholor already signed. Seems like waste of resources given that we will be running a lot of 2TE stuff as well as pounding the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes