PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have hit 1000 yards last year if he got consistent playing time early in the season. He's arguably better than either player we signed.

Still, he had zero touchdowns and sure isn't getting 1000 yards being Cam's fifth option now

Who says Meyers is going to make the team?
He was our most productive receiver last season and costs very little to keep around. There’s no reason for him not to make the team.
What if we get 70% of that guy? Is it worth $11M for a 600 yd/yr guy?
Then we’d be stuck with the Philly version of Agholor, who is absolutely not worth that price tag. Not even sure if Las Vegas version is worth that to be honest, but I’ll just be happy if he doesn’t kill us with drops. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’re getting the best version of him but we’ll see.

Can't admit to knowing much about Samuel or Agholor (remember not thinking much about him from Philly).

Watched some videos and he looked pretty good with the Raiders (and David Carr throws a beautiful long ball).

Shrug. not really worried about it. As for grabbing another receiver...I'd rather spend assets and $$ trading for Akeim Hicks.

Also, can we start the Larry Fitzgerald rumors, please?

You tried correcting me.

rofl.gif
Everyone corrects you. Broken clocks get more things right than you do..

RB should be next for us. We've lost White and Burkhead. Michell is on his last year. And all we've added so far this year is Bolden.
Neither White nor Burkhead have signed anywhere at this point. That being said, Burkhead is 31 coming off a major injury. White is likely gone to Tampa, but it's not a done deal. The Patriots could as easily draft someone in the 3rd round as they could sign someone.

Who says Meyers is going to make the team?
He should make the team because he is a quality NFL receiver and on the cheap.

With that said if all goes according to plan he'll become the 6th option in the offense now behind Agholor, Smith, Henry, Bourne and Harris. He might be 7th is JE11 doesn't retire.

Last edited:
Cap now under $20M estimated. QB plan wide open but I am not buying Cam as the guy.

@DaBruinz - so you see why i was asking?

Still a nice trade to compensate for lost comp pick and spread the 6th rounders

Net gain of mid 5th is slightly lower to orig. reported - as expected - but to add mid 4th is more important imo
Or.. You know.. They could have re-tweaked the deal prior to submitting it.. That's happened in the past. I like the Pats gaining a 4th, though they lose a 5th..

Wow , Chung has decided to hang his boots up......time for the younger guys to step up

Patrick Chung Retiring..

If I'm reading OTC right they could spread out the $7m dead cap over 3 years if they cut him after June 1. Like Miguel says they have the space now so that might be the smartest thing. All depends if they want an extra $1.8m in space this year.

He should make the team because he is a quality NFL receiver and on the cheap.

With that said if all goes according to plan he'll become the 6th option in the offense now behind Agholor, Brown, Henry, Bourne and Harris. He might be 7th is JE11 doesn't retire.

Given his production and relative cost it would be crazy to let him go.

I agree that 732 yards is pretty good (actually great considering he was an UFA), but he may not make the team if the Pats are looking at another receiver. It was reported they were interested in AJ Green...

He would have hit 1000 yards last year if he got consistent playing time early in the season. He's arguably better than either player we signed.
He was also graded higher than Agholor.

Denver rescinds tender offer on Lindsey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes