PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm reading OTC right they could spread out the $7m dead cap over 3 years if they cut him after June 1. Like Miguel says they have the space now so that might be the smartest thing. All depends if they want an extra $1.8m in space this year.
Not sure how they could spread it out over 3 years.. but definitely 2.. This year and next.

Wow , Chung has decided to hang his boots up......time for the younger guys to step up
I'm not surprised. I felt he should have hung it up prior to last season. He was toast by the end of 2019 and it didn't help that he got injured in the SB either.

Not sure how they could spread it out over 3 years.. but definitely 2.. This year and next.
Me neither. Just going by what OTC says

I agree that 732 yards is pretty good (actually great considering he was an UFA), but he may not make the team if the Pats are looking at another receiver. It was reported they were interested in AJ Green...
again it would be crazy to cut him IMO he sticks around even if we sign another receiver and competes. He might be ahead of Bourne who knows

Must admit I cant wait for camp to start

Then we’d be stuck with the Philly version of Agholor, who is absolutely not worth that price tag. Not even sure if Las Vegas version is worth that to be honest, but I’ll just be happy if he doesn’t kill us with drops. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’re getting the best version of him but we’ll see.
But even last year, he only caught 48 of 82 targets (58.5%). I didn't watch many LV games so I'm not sure if that's because there were many low % deep passes or drops, but he did get a good grade (73.8) so maybe the former?

So looks like we are trading Harry and we could get a Edelman retirement before or during camp.
By my count we definitely need two more receivers.

Sort of added Taylor in that he had almost no role last year and would have a larger one this year.

again it would be crazy to cut him IMO he sticks around even if we sign another receiver and competes. He might be ahead of Bourne who knows
Meyer could be our #2 WR, and it is possible that he won't make the team. I don't see why that is an unreasonable position. I agree that he is very likely to make the team. This is partly because Edelman and Harry may be gone.

So looks like we are trading Harry and we could get a Edelman retirement before or during camp.
Algohor, Bourne, Myers, and our WR/PR Olszewksi
We need one more

There is no reason for SIX WR's when we have 2 TE's as receiving targets. Also, we are likely to carry 3 or even 4 TE's.

Last edited:
If Edelman retires, we probably need one more. I have seen absolutely nothing that indicates he has any plans to retire this year and quite a bit that indicates he plans to play for the Patriots. He wasn't very good last time he was on the field, but that doesn't mean he thinks he's done.

Agholor, Bourne, and Meyers should be seen as locks for the 53. After them, we have Edelman, whose spot on the 53 is likely up to him deciding to play. After those 4, there's really only one spot left, and it might not be for much playing time. I don't think it's a bad idea to use that spot on Gunner, who was in fact an All Pro returner last season and even showed improvement playing WR.

I wouldn't mind adding another impact WR, but I think we could live without it. But adding 2? The second one will just be sitting around doing nothing.

Algohor, Bourne, Myers, and our WR/PR Olszewksi
We need one more
It's Edelman. Not saying I like it, but all signs point to him playing for us in 2021.

He should make the team because he is a quality NFL receiver and on the cheap.

With that said if all goes according to plan he'll become the 6th option in the offense now behind Agholor, Brown, Henry, Bourne and Harris. He might be 7th is JE11 doesn't retire.
Or he beats Bourne out, like he did with Harry. Who's Brown?

I’ll take JuJu or OBJ @ the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe