PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills makes more sense now. Bill must've known.
Chung was replaced a year ago with Phillips and possibly even Dugger. Bill and most people paying attention to Chung's 2019 play have known for a while. Even if Chung decided to play this year, he would have been buried on the depth chart and possibly even cut.

I actually think Mills might be more about CB depth considering we could be losing Gilmore, Jackson, and JMac all in one offseason (hopefully we keep the first 2 guys). I've heard Mills kinda sucks at CB compared to S, but it seems to be where he could see playing time the most easily.

But even last year, he only caught 48 of 82 targets (58.5%). I didn't watch many LV games so I'm not sure if that's because there were many low % deep passes or drops, but he did get a good grade (73.8) so maybe the former?
He was credited with 5 drops last season, which is actually worse than his last two seasons as an Eagle when he had 4 combined.

Thought it was interesting to see Mike Evans’ drops numbers being so high in each of the past three seasons.

The more weapons the better you have to be versatile cool we can come out in a 3 end formation?
What about 4 wide or 5 wide if we can upgrade from Meyers and Gunner and even Jules we should do it.

The more weapons the better you have to be versatile cool we can come out in a 3 end formation?
What about 4 wide or 5 wide if we can upgrade from Meyers and Gunner and even Jules we should do it.
Who's going to be our All Pro punt returner if we cut Gunner? How do we even know the new guys are better than Meyers in this system?

Why do we need to upgrade from Meyers ? The guy was on pace to have a 1000+ yds season once they started playing him.

So looks like we are trading Harry and we could get a Edelman retirement before or during camp.
By my count we definitely need two more receivers.
I think Byrd is a FA, not sure why he's shown here.

20210318_101750.jpg

I think Byrd is a FA, not sure why he's shown here.

View attachment 31312
Byrd, Kinsey, and Moncrief are all not with the Patriots. Been quite some time since Kinsey was here, I think we cut him a long time ago.

Not sure what roster you're looking at, but Wikipedia is probably more accurate. And that's not a dig at Wikipedia or any other site; it's actually a great place to look at the most updated NFL rosters.

Why do we need to upgrade from Meyers ? The guy was on pace to have a 1000+ yds season once they started playing him.
People want him gone because he was part of a team that sucked (even though he was arguably the only player in the passing game who didn't suck). They also probably want him gone because he's an UDFA and carries the perception of being unathletic, lacking potential, etc. The grass is always greener.

Giants sign a back-up qb:

Chung was replaced a year ago with Phillips and possibly even Dugger. Bill and most people paying attention to Chung's 2019 play have known for a while. Even if Chung decided to play this year, he would have been buried on the depth chart and possibly even cut.

I actually think Mills might be more about CB depth considering we could be losing Gilmore, Jackson, and JMac all in one offseason (hopefully we keep the first 2 guys). I've heard Mills kinda sucks at CB compared to S, but it seems to be where he could see playing time the most easily.
Yea, read he's not a good CB, but pretty decent S. I think he also played S in college.

I've heard Mills kinda sucks at CB compared to S

I don't know I think I have more faith in Belichick and the Pats using and getting the most out of Mills than Schwartz and the Eagles did. I remember people thinking Gilmore wasn't good the year Schwartz was his D.C. and then Belichick gets him and he becomes DPOY.
Not saying Mills is Gilmore but just look at Agholor for an example. Eagles used him wrong, Raiders used him right and you see the results.

Mills may play less corner than Williams.

I don't know I think I have more faith in Belichick and the Pats using and getting the most out of Mills than Schwartz and the Eagles did. I remember people thinking Gilmore wasn't good the year Schwartz was his D.C. and then Belichick gets him and he becomes DPOY.
Not saying Mills is Gilmore but just look at Agholor for an example. Eagles used him wrong, Raiders used him right and you see the results.

I think you meant to quote someone else...that's not something I wrote

Can you please show us that supposed reports, because I have read virtually all the “reports” since Monday morning and I so nothing about that. I saw a similar report but that involves two of the top running back’s, not Golladay and Samuel. Misinformation with a negative patriots spin brings out the fellowship of the miserable here. Of course that fellowship can find a way to put a negative BB spin on almost every story.

It came from Goardi on Monday on the NFL Network, if you don’t want to believe it then don’t.

Meyer could be our #2 WR, and it is possible that he won't make the team. I don't see why that is an unreasonable position. I agree that he is very likely to make the team. This is partly because Edelman and Harry may be gone.
You think that Meyers might not make the team? Seriously?

"Hey Bill, Phillip Lindsay has zero career fumbles"....
pmtbill GIF by Barstool Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents