PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t feed the trolls. Especially when we don’t know if this is true, at all.
Well Golladay seems smitten with becoming a Giant and Samual wanted to be with Rivera.
Nothing we can really do there.
So I’m just saying we are on to Fuller and whoever else.
I’d prefer Fuller with what’s left out there.
We will see what we do.
I wouldn’t be shocked to see another WR added today.

Don't think there is a role for Fuller on this team with Agholor already signed. Seems like waste of resources given that we will be running a lot of 2TE stuff as well as pounding the ball.
I don’t know, I feel there is always room for a gazelle to run thru the secondary who is coming off his career year.
Already understands the nuances of the system from Bill O.

I don’t know, I feel there is always room for a gazelle to run thru the secondary who is coming off his career year.
Already understands the nuances of the system from Bill O.
Yes to this. Also Fuller became a more well rounded route runner this past season. More than just a deep threat. He’s a clear upgrade over Meyers or Bourne opposite of Agholor. His main problem is playing a full season. Was on pace for 1,278 yards if he played all 16 games but he only played 11 last year.

I’m also warming to the possibility of Smith-Schuster if the money makes sense. He’s a possession receiver who is proven to make plays after the catch and Belichick is a fan of his game. Plus he’s only 24 so there’s still growth potential. 97/831/9 with the carcass of Roethlisberger throwing to him last season. Even just a one year prove it deal I’d happily take him in, just maybe take his phone away like I wish we could’ve done with another ex-Steeler wideout we had not too long ago.

We need another WR or 2
I'de be amazed if we signed another receiver. We have Agholor, Bourne and meyers plus the two TE's who will get significant time i doubt we are getting a typical WR1

I'de be amazed if we signed another receiver. We have Agholor, Bourne and meyers plus the two TE's who will get significant time i doubt we are getting a typical WR1
There are already reports we tried to sign Green yesterday

And Edelman

20210318_083500.jpg

62295905bd41433e865449cfaeacd855.gif

Last edited:
To be fair to that list - the Dolphins should’ve made it last year if not for Fitzpatrick landing on the COVID list in week 17 - and two of those entrants are the Jets so they shouldn’t count. So if you remove those 3 then everyone else made the postseason. :)

I don’t expect him to get much better, if at all, than the guy he was last year. But if we even just got that same guy, it would be worth it. Major deep threat.
What if we get 70% of that guy? Is it worth $11M for a 600 yd/yr guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft