PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised AB hasn’t signed yet with the Bucs with makes me wonder if he’s coming back for them.

Surprised AB hasn’t signed yet with the Bucs with makes me wonder if he’s coming back for them.

• The Bucs need to do some extension/restructure work before signing more players
  • The WR market is slow, and that's probably doubly so for AB
  • Reports are that the Bucs are talking to AB

I’m unsurprised. This is what I thought might happen. Something tells me BB is less enamoured w JC than many of us.

Personally, love the player. Effort, available, picks... all from an UDFA ? I think BB sees it that way as well : great pickup. But, how many times was he not on the field ? Like, if he’s destined for #1 CB, why wasn’t he on the field at a 90%+ clip ?

I think BB will be fine either way : (1) keeps a solid piece who’ll play all out wanting the big contact (2) take a 2nd rounder for a guy who was going to command major cash next offseason and lose him for a comp...

I’d love to have JC here longterm. But I’m getting the sense BB doesn’t believe it’ll happen.
Jackson was on the field 83.68% of the time. That was second for CBs behind Gilmore who played in 95.18% of the defensive snaps before going on the IR.. You have to remember that they also had JMac who they insisted on putting on the field at times and he racked up 665 snaps. Some where from subbing Gilmore, but some weren't..

Not sure what the cost difference between a 1st round and 2nd round tender is, but I thought for sure he'd be a 1st as well. Pat still have a chance to match any offer he gets, so perhaps they're thinking is teams won't break the bank for him AND give up a 2nd, but there are teams out there with the resources to do it. Would hate to lose the kid, he's a baller.

About 1.4M according to the info Reiss posted:

do we think it's safe to say a lot of what we'll see moving forward here is 1 year contacts.......that this is the time we'll see BB bargain shop and pick off a few vets on short terms for short money?

the big splash was made, now bill the reclaimer takes over?

Very interesting with JC's tender. They get him for a $1M discount this year, and if someone else tries to take him, they either get a (most likely) decent contract negotiated for them if they choose to match, or they get a 2nd rounder if they feel it's too rich.

Andrews was never coming at the same money as Karras. He’s the best FA center now and he’ll get paid as such after the Linsley deal. Would not be shocked to see a 10 mill a year offer
Hudson > Andrews.

Note that Miguel's cap space will increase by this move since he already accounted for 1st round tender..
OTC still showing Brown with a $14M cap #. What’s Miguel showing for him?

Think its like Lombardi already explained some are realizing there won't be the godfather deal they are looking for out there this year and are starting to look at one year deals to try again next year.

Given how loaded we are on offense now it might be difficult to attract those WRs on 1 year deals. They won't be featured here and will have more targets in many other places.
Doesn't look like BB wanted 1-year deals. he wants mid-20-year-olds on longer contracts.

Probably for CAP reasons and also for trying to build a solid "middle class" on the team, which is where they got obliterated of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back