PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of that is due to the fact that Wise was playing more on the interior DL last year, rather than as a full time defensive end, which is where he is more effective.
Agree but as a 5 tech on early downs i would expect him to rush from inside anyway on third down with speed rushers outside mostly

It will be 2 DT and 4 de/lbs

Davis has a chance to make the team but the dt rotation looks like it will be God, Andersen, cowart in the base nickel without a lot of snaps left over.

On 3rd and 4+ I agree. But on 3rd and 2? 3rd and 1? You need beef in the middle to prevent them from just running for it.

I had him below 5M apy. Miguel iirc had him at 8M apy. I said thats one of the few of his tweets that will not age well
But he loves players to be paid and Pats players more so thats understandable :)

Butler was nice & i pushed for him like i was giving birth to make the team in 2107. But i think he might fit better somewhere else. Pats are best when two big guys push the line/clear the roads and the cavalry charges behind.
I can See that Yeah his value is Limited here
He doesn't have immediate impact as inside rusher like the big guns - so his value/usage would always be limited. But he does find his way through the walls..
Yeah his swim move was effective. Players lije God or Guy for example aren't helping much on third downs except from pushing and putting Stress on IOL

The geniuses over at Finheaven are convinced that they got an upgrade over Godchaux for half the price. I think we needed a Godchaux type DT more than a Butler type, but we'll see what becomes of both players.
The geniuses here at Patsfans.com have been overrating Godchaux, so what's the problem?

AJ Green @ $8M? Wow
Edit: up to

I think it's safe to say we're getting no comp picks next year?
Yeah, the flurry of Mills, Wise, Bourne, and Agholor pretty much sealed the deal on Monday. Even if Guy and Andrews leave to essentially cancel out Godchaux and Karras (both in position and comp pick), they're still at 5 qualifiers lost and 8 gained.

One hypothetical path to a likely third round comp pick would have been to add White to the losses, move Wise from re-signed to losses, and not gain Mills and Bourne (replaced by re-signings or other teams' cuts). That would be 7 qualifiers lost and 6 gained. Even then, Brooks is on the border between qualifying and not in the same way that Roberts and Ebner were last year (when neither qualified). The third and fourth waves of free agency will determine whether he counts or not, but at this point it doesn't matter for the Patriots.

The geniuses here at Patsfans.com have been overrating Godchaux, so what's the problem?
Well he is an early down NT or heavy 3 tech. Two down mostly which we badly needed. Guys were excited to finale get a NT

Surprised to see Green go before Gollay, Samuel, JuJu or Fuller.

Think its like Lombardi already explained some are realizing there won't be the godfather deal they are looking for out there this year and are starting to look at one year deals to try again next year.

Given how loaded we are on offense now it might be difficult to attract those WRs on 1 year deals. They won't be featured here and will have more targets in many other places.

ahhh, oooo. I’d much rather we’d have put a higher tender. Bill is dangling him out there. I think a team would give up a 2nd for him.

I'd only be on board if they are trying to get draft capital for Watson. Other than that, losing him would be horrible.

ahhh, oooo. I’d much rather we’d have put a higher tender. Bill is dangling him out there. I think a team would give up a 2nd for him.

This wasn't my worst fear, but it was my second worst fear.

Or negotiate the long term extension for us that we will happily match.

$8mil/year for a 32 year old injury riddled receiver is a horrible overpay. I guess now it looks like there’s no way Golladay/Samuel get only $10mil.

And Bill could thank them and match so that might be the whole idea as mentioned before :)

How could that give us a better deal than just negotiating directly with us? It sounds like getting unnecessarily cute for a small amount of savings, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back