PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Super Bowl Game Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on. If Mahomes were to win SB MVP tonight, you can't possibly argue he isn't greater than Brees already. That would be 1 NFL MVP, 2 SB MVP's, all pro, pro bowler. In three years, Mahones has been to three championship games. In 20 years Brees went to three title games. 2 losses.
Sure I can. Brees was saddled with poor defenses for years and should have an MVP but the media loved Peyton more. Mahomes was dropped into a goldmine and gets to play his entire career in a league that heavily favors QBs and handcuffs defenses. Let’s see how he does when he has to elevate marginal WRs/TEs. Bottom line is Brees played at a high level for well over a decade. Mahomes only has 3 years in. Saying he is better than Brees because he has 2 rings is foolish.

I'm going to take a stab at this:

Foxboro Stadium
Heinz Field
Superdome
Reliant Stadium (SB x 2)
Alltell Stadium (SB)
Gillette Stadium
Invesco Field
Qualcomm Stadium
RCA Dome
University of Phoenix Stadium (SB x 2)
Lucas Oil Stadium (SB)
US Bank Stadium (SB)
Arrowhead Stadium
Mercedez Benz Stadium (SB)
FedEx Field
Lambeau Field
Raymond James Stadium (SB)

Ok, but why are you here right now? We're not the Buccs and Tom Brady ain't our QB. It's like visiting the Colts forum for the SB after Peyton Manning went to the Broncos. What the hell's the point?

Eh. if he wants to be here don't hassle him as long as he doesn't troll IMO. This is a discussion thread about the KC vs Bucs game and he is on topic. It's honestly nice to see a friendly KC fan after looking at the madness on ChiefsPlanet. If I was a Chiefs fan I wouldn't want to post there either : P

Last edited:
I'm going to take a stab at this:

Foxboro Stadium
Heinz Field
Superdome
Reliant Stadium (SB x 2)
Alltell Stadium (SB)
Gillette Stadium
Invesco Field
Qualcomm Stadium
RCA Dome
University of Phoenix Stadium (SB x 2)
Lucas Oil Stadium (SB)
US Bank Stadium (SB)
Arrowhead Stadium
Mercedez Benz Stadium (SB)
FedEx Field
Lambeau Field
Raymond James Stadium (SB)
Think you got them all.

For Brady it is. For the patriots this is one less good wr available in the open market.
Brady must love having a GM that will do what it takes to keep his weapons. I do wonder if they will sign AB.

The cash register rang up $7.77 at the grocery store yesterday. It was an omen to form this game thread.

Lets go Tom and win this thing.
Lady in front of me got $87.87. We looked at each other and laughed. She said she was already planning to put on her Gronk jersey when she got home. Bucs by a million.

Is there any true great teams anymore? Juggernauts? The 90's Cowboys and 03 and 04 Patriots may be the last.

The difference between best and worst in this league is thinner than it once was.
I don't think there are truly any juggernauts, but occasionally there are teams in the salary cap era that are in a tier above a Typical SB winning team. 2013 Seahawks (imagine if they had Percy Harvin all year and not just for the SB), 2004 Patriots, 1996 Packers, 1998 Broncos come to mind, but there are probably more.

I've always referred to Andy Reid as "The Walrus". Finally figured out what Blowhard Bruce Ariens reminds me of, "The Manatee"

41-24 Chiefs.

Bucs back end doesn't match up well with our speed receivers.

We do have injuries on our line. But Mahomes ability to escape pressure and throw on the run is second to none.
Why didn’t they score that much Week 12?

I don't think there are truly any juggernauts, but occasionally there are teams in the salary cap era that are in a tier above a Typical SB winning team. 2013 Seahawks (imagine if they had Percy Harvin all year and not just for the SB), 2004 Patriots, 1996 Packers, 1998 Broncos come to mind, but there are probably more.
What about juggernauts who didn't win?

07 Pats
13 Broncos
19 Ravens come to mind.

Ugh just start the game. The media is too much.

Who here has pre game nerves?

I do and it’s weird since this isn’t my team. I wasn’t that nervous for the Rams or first Eagles games for some reason - feels like I am now a bit. Still confident Bucs take it.

Can’t wait till we see Brady vs Bill 2 a year from now in LA. :D :D :D

Because we stupidly went on cruise control. Won't happen in the SB.

Counterpoint: Bucs stupidly defended Hill. Won’t happen in the SB.

But the biggest difference in this game going to be Vita Vea. The Bucs have a great run defense without him; they have a historically great run defense with him. For all the talk about the two tackles being out, it’s the interior offensive line that‘s likely to suffer more from shuffling around and dealing with Vea, who not only takes away the inside run but allows for flexibility on personnel. He will collapse the pocket often.

I think he got too much blame then. But is getting too much credit now.

I've always thought he was a top five coach in the league. I don't think he will ever surpass Belichick. Though, it's doubtful anybody does.
if he wins this , the narrative will be that reid > belichick. And most of it will come from this board :). He won with mcnabb,smith and now SB's with mahomes.

Who here has pre game nerves?

I do and it’s weird since this isn’t my team. I wasn’t that nervous for the Rams or first Eagles games for some reason - feels like I am now.

Can’t wait till we see Brady vs Bill 2 a year from now in LA. :D :D :D

yeah that is weird, you know since we’re not playing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft