PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Super Bowl Game Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that is weird, you know since we’re not playing today.
Also I don’t want the Chiefs to repeat.

Nothing happens to Bill’s legacy if Brady wins today. But if the Chiefs win and repeat then things start to get a little bit dicey IMO. Reid enters the GOAT conversation. Has taken his teams deep into the playoffs with multiple QBs. Bill only with one. First repeat since us and has a great chance to 3-peat. Record with the Chiefs is much better than Bill’s record with NE even with Brady.

if he wins this , the narrative will be that reid > belichick. And most of it will come from this board :). He won with mcnabb,smith and now SB's with mahomes.
That's already the narrative because Bill struggled this year. Reid is an all time coach for sure. The success he had with McNabb alone should make him a first ballot hof.

imagine spending this much time on a patriots board on the day of the super bowl when they’re not even in the game
I have absolutely nothing to do today. I built some shelving in the basement last couple of weekends. Doing a little work as well.

Right now i'm cleaning the dishwasher.

I've noticed the glassware and the coffee pot have been cloudy.

1 cup vinegar on the bottom and 1/2 cup of baking soda on the top. Run full cycle

I'll keep the entire board updated to see if it solves the issue.

I have absolutely nothing to do today. I built some shelving in the basement last couple of weekends.

Right now i'm cleaning the dishwasher.

I've noticed the glassware and the coffee put have been cloudy.

1 cup vinegar on the bottom and 1/2 cup of baking soda on the top.

I'll keep the entire board updated to see if it solves the issue.
Lol. Awesome. Please do.
I have been vacuuming. Lol

That's already the narrative because Bill struggled this year. Reid is an all time coach for sure. The success he had with McNabb alone should make him a first ballot hof.
Reid’s record with the Chiefs is also 100 pct points higher than Bill’s with the Pats.

A Chiefs win and Bill’s status as GOAT coach is on a little more uncertain ground than it is right now. Especially with the Chiefs window wide open and the pats window shut.

Reid’s record with the Chiefs is also 100 pct points higher than Bill’s with the Pats.

A Chiefs win and Bill’s status as GOAT coach is on a little more uncertain ground than it is right now.
It's amazing what an elite QB can do for your coaching cache. Lol

Lol. Awesome. Please do.
I have been vacuuming. Lol
I worked out yesterday so that's out.

Yea my 14 year old just vacuumed her room.

I'm thinking about vacuuming the stairs....

The bracket which holds the garbage can under the island in the kitchen is loose...

I think he got too much blame then. But is getting too much credit now.

I've always thought he was a top five coach in the league. I don't think he will ever surpass Belichick. Though, it's doubtful anybody does.
Yeah, the thing I always notice about Andy is he doesn't seem to make the glaring, big mistakes in games (Greenbay and Indy come to mind this postseason as their coaches really let them down, I'll also throw an all-time bad Pete Carrol in the Super Bowl) but I give Andy credit as he doesn't seem to have those moments.

if he wins this , the narrative will be that reid > belichick. And most of it will come from this board :). He won with mcnabb,smith and now SB's with mahomes.

Well thus far I have my all time coaching list as this:

Brown
Belichick
Walsh
Noll
Landry (He started from scratch with an expansion team).

I put Brown first because Belichick himself has said Brown is the Goat. And the inventor of so many different things.

A Chiefs win and Bill’s status as GOAT coach is on a little more uncertain ground than it is right now. Especially with the Chiefs window wide open and the pats window shut.
Uncertain according to who?

This is getting out of hand.

What about juggernauts who didn't win?

07 Pats
13 Broncos
19 Ravens come to mind.

All those teams have flaws that majorly came back to bite them. 07 Pats were too dependent on the deep ball and Moss to beat good teams. 2013 Broncos had a bad D and were soft offensively. The 2019 Ravens? They shouldn't even be included. Yes their stats were good, but it was more they took the league by surprise than anything.

Bill is on a different level than any other coach in the league...The biggest gap between the best and next best at any position and it's not even close.

Yeah, the thing I always notice about Andy is he doesn't seem to make the glaring, big mistakes in games (Greenbay and Indy come to mind this postseason as their coaches really let them down, I'll also throw an all-time bad Pete Carrol in the Super Bowl) but I give Andy credit as he doesn't seem to have those moments.

The one glaring mistake I remember is SB 39. The amount of time it took to get down and get the TD to cut the lead to 3 was inexcusable. But is that more on Reid or McNabb? Do I think it would've led to an Eagles win? Probably not. That Patriots team was just loaded top to bottom.

And two years ago. Brady completes his third 3rd and 10 conversion. A timeout would've been nice. But again, that game was probably decided either way by the coin toss.

Btw, despite the loss, that AFC title game is one of the best football games I've ever watched. You won't find much better than that. I doubt tonight's game even matches it.

All those teams have flaws that majorly came back to bite them. 07 Pats were too dependent on the deep ball and Moss to beat good teams. 2013 Broncos had a bad D and were soft offensively. The 2019 Ravens? They shouldn't even be included. Yes their stats were good, but it was more they took the league by surprise than anything.
I'll go back further...I'm a young one...had to research..

Do you think the 98 Vikings beat Denver in the SB? They were loaded.

I'll go back further...I'm a young one...had to research..

Do you think the 98 Vikings beat Denver in the SB? They were loaded.
No.

The Elway team was elite and the 98 Vikes actually lost 3 defensive starters in the NFCCG vs the Falcons.

They would have lost. TD would have run wild.

Using your "logic" and since this is a SB game thread and the Pats are not in it, then the Chiefs fan belongs and we don't. Like I said, because other boards are unhospitable to opposing fans doesn't mean that we should be.
You must have failed "logic" in high school. According to the logic of what I wrote, there is nothing inconsistent with Patriots fans discussing other teams and other games in here.

But there are Jets fans on here. There's a Saints fan. There's a Chiefs fan besides me.
oh, they're assholes too, so don't feel singled out....

What did he win with Mcnabb and Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand