PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Jets/JEST/Jete Suck thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rats are locked on Zach Wilson at #2....how utterly perfect. Draft the only top prospect that hasn't played against any real college defenses. BYU....John Beck in 2007 was the last BYU QB drafted...the IMMORTAL John Beck. Wilson is the next in the pantheon of Dumb Damn Darnits and Murk Sandfez's...CAN'T WAIT!

The Rats are locked on Zach Wilson at #2....how utterly perfect. Draft the only top prospect that hasn't played against any real college defenses. BYU....John Beck in 2007 was the last BYU QB drafted...the IMMORTAL John Beck. Wilson is the next in the pantheon of Dumb Damn Darnits and Murk Sandfez's...CAN'T WAIT!

we need someone to create a great nickname for the former byu superstar!

You could not create a better bust prospect for the Jets. I laughed so hard when I started looking at the draft's QBs a few weeks ago and saw this guy. Looks androgynous with extemely feminine features, has ADHD (the annoying kind), very up and down player. It's going to be hillarious.

(Sort by losses)

Yes, there are franchises with more losses in their club history than the JETE.

The thing is that the J-E-T-S have eclipsed 500+ losses in 33-40 fewer years than those other teams!
The Jets have the 6th worst winning % all time. These are the bottom 6;
Team - %
TB - .3934
Jac - .4255
Ari - .4256
Atl - .4387
Hou - .4441
NJ - .4442

At least The Jets are one up on the next group who've never won a title of any kind.
Team - Yrs
Min - 59
Atl - 54
Cin - 52
Car & Jac - 25
Hou - 18

A recent history of the Jets 1st round draft choices:
NFL Draft: History of NY Jets' First-Round Picks
List of New York Jets first-round draft picks - Wikipedia
4​
D'Brickashaw Ferguson T Virginia
10​
10​
29​
Nick Mangold C Ohio State
11​
11​
14​
Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
10​
8​
[31]
6​
Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State
5​
2​
30​
Dustin Keller TE Purdue
5​
5​
[32]
5​
Mark Sanchez QB USC
8​
4​
[33]
29​
Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
6​
5​
[34]
30​
Muhammad Wilkerson DL Temple University
8*​
7​
[35]
16​
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
4​
4​
9​
Dee Milliner CB Alabama
3​
3​
13​
Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
7*​
4​
18​
Calvin Pryor S Louisville
4​
3​
6​
Leonard Williams DT USC
5*​
5​
20​
Darron Lee LB Ohio State
4*​
3​
6​
Jamal Adams S LSU
3*​
3​
[36]
3​
Sam Darnold QB USC
2*​
2​
3​
Quinnen Williams DT Alabama
1*​
1*​
11​
Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

Unlike the Patriots who have drafted at the bottom of the 1st round up until this year, the Jets have had 11 of 15 years of drafting in the top 10. So is there any reason to believe that they will totally f up the 2 1st rounders this year?

More signs of the SOFJ: Blowing their horns before they've played a single game... We all know how this ends...

More signs of the SOFJ: Blowing their horns before they've played a single game... We all know how this ends...

Looking at their soon-to-be new quarterback and new OC, the real question is who will buy booze and cigarettes for them? This looks like it's going to be one hell of a lego world in that locker room.

1619123145613.png

1619123202068.png

On a serious note, I am glad to see the Mike Shanahan coaching tree continues to grow with his son, the LaFleur brothers, McVay, etc. I always thought Senior Shanahan was a brilliant coach; his teams often played dirty, but the concepts were pretty unique to him and no one else ran a system like him. It's cool how this new generation has adapted that same cut and run concept into the modern NFL game and added a lot of new passing elements. Not that the Jets will benefit in any way, though.

A recent history of the Jets 1st round draft choices:
NFL Draft: History of NY Jets' First-Round Picks
List of New York Jets first-round draft picks - Wikipedia
4​
D'Brickashaw FergusonTVirginia
10​
10​
29​
Nick MangoldCOhio State
11​
11​
14​
Darrelle RevisCBPittsburgh
10​
8​
[31]
6​
Vernon GholstonDEOhio State
5​
2​
30​
Dustin KellerTEPurdue
5​
5​
[32]
5​
Mark SanchezQBUSC
8​
4​
[33]
29​
Kyle WilsonCBBoise State
6​
5​
[34]
30​
Muhammad WilkersonDLTemple University
8*​
7​
[35]
16​
Quinton CoplesDENorth Carolina
4​
4​
9​
Dee MillinerCBAlabama
3​
3​
13​
Sheldon RichardsonDTMissouri
7*​
4​
18​
Calvin PryorSLouisville
4​
3​
6​
Leonard WilliamsDTUSC
5*​
5​
20​
Darron LeeLBOhio State
4*​
3​
6​
Jamal AdamsSLSU
3*​
3​
[36]
3​
Sam DarnoldQBUSC
2*​
2​
3​
Quinnen WilliamsDTAlabama
1*​
1*​
11​
Mekhi BectonOTLouisville

Unlike the Patriots who have drafted at the bottom of the 1st round up until this year, the Jets have had 11 of 15 years of drafting in the top 10. So is there any reason to believe that they will totally f up the 2 1st rounders this year?

Mangini really crushed the drafts. Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, and Harris all in 2006/07. Built a pretty good team there and lured in Favre. I love to crap on him too for many reasons, but that team was 8-3 in 2008 before Favre got injured and they collapsed. When Rex came in the next year, he already had a great core with those four players and was able to use that unused cap space (and then some, stealing from the uncapped year and mortgaging the future) on big splash free agents. I mean, it must be a talented team to go to two straight AFCCGs with flaming garbage at QB.

Just saying...Mangini might have been the only guy with any clue, despite that he was a giant douche nozzle. It's laughable to me that the Jets fired him in 2008; I honestly wonder if they would have been a championship contender if they'd kept him instead of reverting back to their clown show. He wouldn't have drafted Sanchez and probably would have sought out another veteran QB with high-level potential like Favre. Sanchez is one of the worst draft picks I've ever seen, just going off of physical traits and abilities. Dude played like he was 5'3" and had a really weak arm, in addition to his mental errors.

Satire or not? Too hard to tell. Lmfao.

Zachenberg.

For historical continuity-of-suck purposes.

Mangini really crushed the drafts. Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, and Harris all in 2006/07. Built a pretty good team there and lured in Favre. I love to crap on him too for many reasons, but that team was 8-3 in 2008 before Favre got injured and they collapsed. When Rex came in the next year, he already had a great core with those four players and was able to use that unused cap space (and then some, stealing from the uncapped year and mortgaging the future) on big splash free agents. I mean, it must be a talented team to go to two straight AFCCGs with flaming garbage at QB.

Just saying...Mangini might have been the only guy with any clue, despite that he was a giant douche nozzle. It's laughable to me that the Jets fired him in 2008; I honestly wonder if they would have been a championship contender if they'd kept him instead of reverting back to their clown show. He wouldn't have drafted Sanchez and probably would have sought out another veteran QB with high-level potential like Favre. Sanchez is one of the worst draft picks I've ever seen, just going off of physical traits and abilities. Dude played like he was 5'3" and had a really weak arm, in addition to his mental errors.

You mentioned this and it brought back a vague memory of the Jets heading towards cap difficulties and then avoiding it by taking advantage of some previously unknown (to the public) relief measure. They were the only team or maybe 1 of 2 who did this. Is this the same thing you're referencing here? With so many so many occasions, large and small, where the league either helped out or looked the other way with the Jets, I'm not sure if this is the same situation.

With regard to Mangini, even trying to put him playing a key role in the sideline camera farce aside, he really must have rubbed people with the Jets the wrong way for them to fire him after 3 seasons. It can't just be that Mangini wasn't in favor of bringing in Favre. It's obvious now, but Favre playing for the Jets was just a 1 year stopover for him before he retired/unretired his way to the Vikings. Mangini guided the Jets to the playoffs in '06, was bad in '07 (4-12), then rebounded to 9-7 in '08 and then he was gone. By comparison, the Jets held onto Rex Ryan for 4 years after his last playoff appearance. Maybe Tannenbaum and company were worried Mangini might try to push them out and they got rid of him first.

Just an FYI for anyone who might care: I will be posting the official 2021 Jets Suck thread within the next few days, just wanted to first see who the green turds drafted at No. 2. I'm fighting back nausea just looking at that swollen-headed whelp's face.

Just an FYI for anyone who might care: I will be posting the official 2021 Jets Suck thread within the next few days, just wanted to first see who the green turds drafted at No. 2. I'm fighting back nausea just looking at that swollen-headed whelp's face.

A first round Alabama QB instead of a Rutgers DB, and a reboot of our classic Tunez Jete Suck Thread, all in one day?

OH YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back