PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 Seed practically clinched

Status
Not open for further replies.
go look..

11-5 got the one seed in 2002. and it got us the 2 seed in 2001, and in 1996.
Name a team in the AFC South or AFC North that you could see possibly getting 11 wins.

Pittsburgh or Houston? We have a tiebreaker over both.

There you go.

I referenced this last week, when factoring in the H-H wins over Pittsburgh and Houston we were a virtual lock (up 2 on both with tie breaker and easy schedule) this time last week.

Name a team in the AFC South or AFC North that you could see possibly getting 11 wins.

There you go.

Does that apply if all three teams end up 11-5?

Houston is 5-3 and then will end up at best 10-6. 11-5 looks like the #2 seed, 12-4 will prety much clinch it as the NFC west has to play against each other

There you go.
Dude, in case you have not noticed ... you are agreeing with me.

actually in a three way tie head to head gets thrown out window
Actually no it doesn't (get thrown out the window). You still apply head to head but the trick is one team has to have beaten both the other 2 teams, which would be the case in the scenario that we were discussing above (a 3-way tie between Houston, Pittsburgh and NE).

It is not going to happen, but we are talking theoretically. Also, if 1 team lost to each of the other 2 teams, they are automatically considered the 3rd-ranked team of that 3-team group.

Last edited:
Actually no it doesn't. You still apply head to head but the trick is one team has to have beaten both the other 2 teams, which would be the case in the scenario that we were discussing above (a 3-way tie between Houston, Pittsburgh and NE).

It is not going to happen, but we are talking theoretically. Also, if 1 team lost to each of the other 2 teams, they are automatically considered the 3rd-ranked team of that 3-team group.
ok. That makes sense

go look..

11-5 got the one seed in 2002. and it got us the 2 seed in 2001, and in 1996.

I wouldn't count on it either. Sure it's happened. And, also, a team could not get into the playoffs with 11-5.

I wouldn't count on it either. Sure it's happened. And, also, a team could not get into the playoffs with 11-5.
it's a definite this season.. 11-5 will be enough for 2 seed.

Need to get the top seed. Idk if this team could go on the road and win. I believe they haven't done that since 2003. I don't trust the defense on the road.

As another poster mentioned, they won the AFCCG at Pittsburgh in the 2004 season. They also took out a 14-2 top seeded Chargers team on the road in 2006 and then almost won the AFCCG in Indy (blew a 21-3 lead.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe