PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 Seed practically clinched

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
even if we pull a 4-4 second half like last year we get at least the 2 seed. Mathematically unlikely we lose out to anyone other than the AFC West for seeding purposes.

All you have to do is look at the AFC North and South. Their leaders are 4-4 or 5-3. We have head to head over Texans and Steelers. If we 4-4 over the last 8, the Texans would have to go 7-1 to get above us... and the Steelers awould have to 8-0 to beat us. The Ravens would need to go 7-1 also. Two seed is basically locked up.

Yeah I see the logic. You ignore Denver, Oakland and KC because only one will win the division and the others will be wild cards at best. So then you've got Houston and Baltimore as the other two right now, and even if they both won out they'd end up 13-3 and 12-4 respectively but obviously that's not likely. If both went 6-2, they'd end up 11-5 and 10-6, but NE would have the tiebreaker on Houston.

So yes, assuming Houston and Baltimore/Pitt don't do better than 6-2, then the Pats would get a first round bye with an 11-5 record.

Need to get the top seed. Idk if this team could go on the road and win. I believe they haven't done that since 2003. I don't trust the defense on the road.
11-5 could even get the one seed this year

Yeah I see the logic. You ignore Denver, Oakland and KC because only one will win the division and the others will be wild cards at best. So then you've got Houston and Baltimore as the other two right now, and even if they both won out they'd end up 13-3 and 12-4 respectively but obviously that's not likely. If both went 6-2, they'd end up 11-5 and 10-6, but NE would have the tiebreaker on Houston.

So yes, assuming Houston and Baltimore/Pitt don't do better than 6-2, then the Pats would get a first round bye with an 11-5 record.
exactly. Plus, last year aside, the Pats are not going worse than 6-2, 5 and 3 at the worst in the second half. Barring Miami running the table or some crazy thing 12-4 does get the 2 seed, and maybe the 1 seed.

exactly. Plus, last year aside, the Pats are not going worse than 6-2, 5 and 3 at the worst in the second half. Barring Miami running the table or some crazy thing 12-4 does get the 2 seed, and maybe the 1 seed.
I don't trust Denver to win their division without some shady NYJFL intervention, they seem like they believe their own hype... Oakland could take it. Or KC even.

even if we pull a 4-4 second half like last year we get at least the 2 seed. Mathematically unlikely we lose out to anyone other than the AFC West for seeding purposes.
So, emphasis going forward should be:

Win games. Don't take anything for granted.

Stay healthy. On some plays, go down. And live to fight another play.

Improve. Nobody's given anything, and that ball sometimes bounces in a crazy way.

No distractions. It's the price we all pay to get through the next three months.

I don't trust Denver to win their division without some shady NYJFL intervention, they seem like they believe their own hype... Oakland could take it. Or KC even.
They all need to play each other still, I think one combo still needs 2 games (Raiders/Broncos I think) They all have some losses to each other coming. Pats take care of business they kind of have the 1 seed all lined up already too.

Need to get the top seed. Idk if this team could go on the road and win. I believe they haven't done that since 2003. I don't trust the defense on the road.
2004 AFCCG at Pittsburgh

Maybe in a couple weeks, we'll be looking ahead to the Cowboys and---GIANTS. Since there may be no team in our conference that sparks a challenge.

I doubt anybody in the afc south or north finishes 11-5. 11-5 might possibly get a 1 this year. I would be very suprised if the pats finish worse than 4-4. This team should get atleast a 2 for sure

Something tells me we're going to see a very motivated and much improved defense in the second half of the season.

That aside if they win in Denver they'll take the pole position.

I believe our last road playoff win was 06
Yes the 2006 season (game was in Jan 2007)
the team has had only 2 road playoff games since then. Both in denver (AFCCG)

Correctamundo! San Diego. But to be fair, they've only played 2 playoff road games since... both at you know where.

Effing Donkeys.

Oh yeah way too small of a sample size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back