PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 Seed practically clinched

Status
Not open for further replies.
although played at a neutral site, technically speaking it was a road win for the patriots. NFC teams are designated as the home team for odd-numbered super bowls, AFC teams are the home team for even-numbered super bowls.

Super Bowl: Home team designation - Wikipedia

No matter what way you split it, Its not a road win. All that that decides is who wears what jerseys

Maybe in a couple weeks, we'll be looking ahead to the Cowboys and---GIANTS. Since there may be no team in our conference that sparks a challenge.
The AFC is a disgrace especially the East.Pats may as well be playing in a highscholl conference.

I know TFB went out and beat Seattle's D like a
mule_2.jpg
in the 4th quarter but let's be real Metroman, we need that run game cranked up in December and January, esp. in frosty Foxboro....

Not sure I ever remember such a lack of balance among the AFC divisions... it comes down to Patriots vs. Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos..

AFC East 18 wins - 15 losses
AFC West 23 - 12
AFC South 15 -19
AFC North. 11-21

I've been complaining from the start about these idiotic 4 team divisions, and this year is looking like it's going to be another season where some team and it's fans get hosed. That's happening more often now after not being an issue at first.

The only good thing this time is that it could be Denver that ends up being screwed. Oakland would be another fantastic choice to get burned.

The AFCW is playing both of the Souths and could end up with three teams with a decent record, lets say 11-5. Meanwhile, the AFCS teams are losing to the AFCW and one of their teams ends up winning the division at 7-8-1 or 7-9 and they go to the playoffs.

One or more W teams and it's fans get to stay home and watch as a S team or teams with a worse record, teams that could have been beaten by the W teams, get to party at the dance.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The AFC is mediocre outside of New England Oakland and Pittsburgh when they're clicking. However the NFC isn't much better at the moment as well

Jinx thread

Sure is.

With 1/2 a season to go, 4 more wins probably secures a bye and 5 more wins probably gets us the #1 seed.

Is it possible we go 4-4 the rest of the way?

W-Seahawks- we are coming off bye and they had short week. I like our chances at home.
W-@49ers- that team is awful, shouldn't be a problem
L-@Jets- they're coming off bye, we're flying cross country for a 2nd of a back to back. division opponent. Hope I'm wrong but this looks like a loss.
W-Rams- this team has no offense. No problem here.
L- Ravens-this team usually gives us a hard time even at Foxboro.
L- @Denver- short week, cross country flight, ref screw job

so if that scenario plays out, we're at 10-4 with 2 games left. Jets at home over a short week and another cross country flight (looks like schedule maker were really out to screw us this year); then in Miami were we always seem to struggle.

SO there it is, a real possibility of "only" winding up 11-5.

As far as 2016 goes we haven't lost a game in which we have scored actual points.:) The only smudge so far is that goose egg vs Buffalo with a Rookie Third String QB. I think "IF" this Team remains at Good strength health wise especially on Offense the 2016 N.E. Patriots could go undefeated on the Road.:cool:

goal should be the #1 seed. I laugh at anyone thinking we will go 4-4 the rest of the way. the patriots are the clear best team in the AFC at this point as far as consistency. steelers and denver have shown flashes, but also had duds. If we can stay healthy we should get the #1 seed and the road to the superbowl should run through foxboro

and if we have homefield (proided we are healthy) I dont see denver, or steelers or oakland coming in here and knocking us off. on the road is a different story

The AFC is a disgrace especially the East.Pats may as well be playing in a highscholl conference.

So what NFC division is obviously "better" than the AFC East ?

Bills beat the Cardinals and had the Seahawks on the brink. Dolphins similarly had the Seahawks on the brink. Pats beat the Cardinals with Brady out. Doesn't seem like the NFC West is "clearly" better than the "disgraceful" AFC East then. The other three NFC divisions don't look much better..

Media narratives..

So what NFC division is obviously "better" than the AFC East ?

Bills beat the Cardinals and had the Seahawks on the brink. Dolphins similarly had the Seahawks on the brink. Pats beat the Cardinals with Brady out. Doesn't seem like the NFC West is "clearly" better than the "disgraceful" AFC East then. The other three NFC divisions don't look much better..

Media narratives..
Both the Dolphins and the Bills have at least not been horrible lately, even in losses.

This thread is only slightly more useful that Shaughnessy's mail-it-in column on Monday 11-7-2016:

It’s no competition for Patriots, even on their bye week - The Boston Globe

If I were John Henry, I'd ask Shaughnessy to refund this week's paycheck. Laziest piece of writing yet.

7 wins gets you nowhere. It is what it is.
Shank Shaughnessey loves to sarcastically go on and on about how unbeatable the Patriots are so that he can gloat about how they weren't so good after all during those seasons where they fail to win the Super Bowl.

I honestly didn't realize he was still writing football columns, but I see his routine is still the same.

Double post - apologies.

although played at a neutral site, technically speaking it was a road win for the patriots. NFC teams are designated as the home team for odd-numbered super bowls, AFC teams are the home team for even-numbered super bowls.

Super Bowl: Home team designation - Wikipedia
Super Bowls have a "home" team for the purposes of selecting locker room, jersey and sidelines (and the designated visitors get to call the coin toss). However, within the record books, it is considered a neutral site game for both participants. If we are talking about the Patriots' last road playoff win, SB49 does not count. Similarly, SB 36 and SB38 were not home playoff wins.

Last edited:
No matter what way you split it, Its not a road win. All that that decides is who wears what jerseys
If we go to the Super Bowl this year (knock on wood) we will get to wear the blues if it is Dallas representing the NFC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes