PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News Thornton injury update

Really? who? Which head coach has won 6 superbowls and drafted superbly for over 20 years?
I believe his statement was about board members being able to both criticize the bad draft picks while complimenting the good ones.

If I had ever, even once, called a Gunnery Sergeant "Sergeant" like Gomer Pyle ALWAYS did, instead of "Gunny", I would've had my birthday taken away...

Whoever was the military advisor on that series did a terrible, Terrible job of it.

It's one of the reasons Major Dad was a FAR superior series.
So Cap'n, I'm sure you know what's brown and sits behind the barracks?

So Cap'n, I'm sure you know what's brown and sits behind the barracks?

I can think of a couple of things... But I can't think of anything funny... So I'll guess: tomorrow's dinner at the chow hall?

Well hope that the team can and will be resting before the week 1 comes as hope they can really rest before the season opener.

Thornton underwent surgery last Monday, Aug. 22, to repair a broken collarbone, as reported by ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler. In his tweet reporting the news, Fowler says the recovery process “should be 6-8 weeks from the procedure but could vary depending on healing and re-acclimation to football.”

A six-week timeline would have Thornton back with the Patriots ahead of their Week 5 game against the Detroit Lions, but it's also possible he misses New England's Week 6 game against the Cleveland Browns and/or the team's Week 7 matchup with the Chicago Bears.
Birds heal bones quickly because the bones are thin and hollow.
Shouldn't Thornton heal quickly as well, then?
1662486418480.png

I believe his statement was about board members being able to both criticize the bad draft picks while complimenting the good ones.
Waiting for @captain stone to actually compliment BB on good picks. He's noted for hating all the picks and touting how much better he could do. Yes, despite this amazing expertise he has, he's never gotten a job with an NFL team or won a ring or anything of that sort.

So dissapointed with some of Bill's decisions on Thorton. My personal opinion is he killed our season. He is what he is, are extremly fast WR. 1.
I like Troy Brown but i thinks he's not performing well in his coaching role. The kid should not be running into defensive lineman on a run play in the preseason!. 2. Tell the rookie that he's not Gronk and get down quickly. No need for yak from this kid. 3. He just should have been a deep ball guy period, we have enough recievers to fill the other roles. So mad to not have him in the lineup! Should have sat him, such an important weapon, just the threat alone would have helped Mac. My rant has ended, and yes im a whiner.

So dissapointed with some of Bill's decisions on Thorton. My personal opinion is he killed our season.
So BB killed the season because a player who never played an NFL snap can’t play for 6 games.

Drama queen much?

So BB killed the season because a player who never played an NFL snap can’t play for 6 games.

Drama queen much?
Yes. What offensive threats do the Pats bring if your an opossing team to worry about? This should be real drama..

Yes. What offensive threats do the Pats bring if your an opossing team to worry about? This should be real drama..
Yeah I am sure other teams are real scared of the rookie who never did anything

We have one the deepest set of pass catchers we probably ever had with 4 legit WRs. And you think Thornton was the key ?

Jesus. This place has jumped the shark

Parker, Bourne, Agholor, Meyers, Thornton, Smith, Henry, Stevenson, Harris, Montgomery ... is not a group short on talent. There are some legitimate proven producers in there, with complementing skill sets, and a nice blend of size/savvy/speed/athleticism.

Edit: Going to put a bit more meat on the bone for what I said above and actually breakdown how these guys stack-up, IMO.

Proven NFL Production: Parker, Bourne, Agholor, Meyers, Smith, Henry, Harris, Montgomery
Size: Parker, Henry, Stevenson
Savvy: Bourne, Meyers, Henry, Harris, Montgomery, and Parker (Jalen Mills described Parker was a savvy WR/route-runner earlier this offseason).
Speed: Agholor, Thornton, Smith (for his position)
Athleticism: Everyone except Meyers, Harris, Montgomery, who more than makeup for their lack of elite athleticism with their savviness.
Could maybe argue Henry doesn't have great athleticism, but despite the fact he doesn't "WOW", I think he's a pretty darn good all-around athlete at the TE spot.

Last edited:
Yeah I am sure other teams are real scared of the rookie who never did anything

We have one the deepest set of pass catchers we probably ever had with 4 legit WRs. And you think Thornton was the key ?

Jesus. This place has jumped the shark
History could have repeated itself my friends. Back in the day very long time ago I remember a time where there was different hero's, like a guy named Drew Bledsoe. 1 rookie Wide receiver came in that season and the coach "The big Tuna" use to call him she. Guys like you i remember saying he's just a rookie on the newscasts. I watched him at camp. Well anyway this rookie was really fast and had impressive speed. His ROOKIE season he had 90 catches for 1,132 yards and scored 6 touchdowns in 15 games in 1996". His name was Terry Glenn. Yes a Rookie can make a difference. They can make a franchise rise very quickly. Drama, oh brother. Just some old facts that i have seen before happen.

So dissapointed with some of Bill's decisions on Thorton. My personal opinion is he killed our season. He is what he is, are extremly fast WR. 1.
I like Troy Brown but i thinks he's not performing well in his coaching role. The kid should not be running into defensive lineman on a run play in the preseason!. 2. Tell the rookie that he's not Gronk and get down quickly. No need for yak from this kid. 3. He just should have been a deep ball guy period, we have enough recievers to fill the other roles. So mad to not have him in the lineup! Should have sat him, such an important weapon, just the threat alone would have helped Mac. My rant has ended, and yes im a whiner.
You have no idea what Bill did or didn't say. He is a rookie and fighting for playing time in a stacked position so probably tried to do to much on that play. Sure he should have just gone down but hindsight is 20:20 i think you are being a tad melodramatic. Also i really can't see many teams saying we've got this great fast wr but never throw short at him only ever deep as he might get hurt. It's football.

History could have repeated itself my friends. Back in the day very long time ago I remember a time where there was different hero's, like a guy named Drew Bledsoe. 1 rookie Wide receiver came in that season and the coach "The big Tuna" use to call him she. Guys like you i remember saying he's just a rookie on the newscasts. I watched him at camp. Well anyway this rookie was really fast and had impressive speed. His ROOKIE season he had 90 catches for 1,132 yards and scored 6 touchdowns in 15 games in 1996". His name was Terry Glenn. Yes a Rookie can make a difference. They can make a franchise rise very quickly. Drama, oh brother. Just some old facts that i have seen before happen.
Cool story bro.

So the reason this season is already dead is that Thornton cant play for 6 games and this is all connected to what a rookie WR did for the pats 25 years ago.

I am glad you are here to make it all make sense for us.

You have no idea what Bill did or didn't say. He is a rookie and fighting for playing time in a stacked position so probably tried to do to much on that play. Sure he should have just gone down but hindsight is 20:20 i think you are being a tad melodramatic. Also i really can't see many teams saying we've got this great fast wr but never throw short at him only ever deep as he might get hurt. It's football.
My take, not yours. I just see it differently. Its cool. I feel that Troy's and coaches backround is earn your keep, start from the bottom like it did, rah rah rah. I feel you treat ELITE wr speed (Olympic trials guy) differently. He is a stud bull in the stable, you might not agree, thats why we are able to discuss here. There's other coaches that sat there starters right? I believe he's going to be franchise talent. Terry Glenn was used in a specific way, specific routes, specialized for his unique speed. 6 games is the season in my opinion. Go Pats!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back