PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld released

Status
Not open for further replies.
You called in week one that Sudfeld would suck?

That thread I posted last week was saying he had no reason to be on this active roster... I have no idea what you are talking about?

I dont think he is going to make it to the practice squad......If he does ..it would be a miracle....btw ..this is a sign....Gronk is playing.....!!!

A miracle that the Pats would bother to sign him to the PS? Because surely you don't think an UDFA who has touched the ball three times and caused three turnovers in those touches will be snatched up by another team?

That thread I posted last week was saying he had no reason to be on this active roster... I have no idea what you are talking about?

You posted that thread this week, after Zach had been struggling and had a tenuous grip on his roster spot. Hardly something to champion "calling."

If he returns to the PS, it could be reasonable assumed that NE made the switch more due to injury than anything else.

Dudfeld -> Thudfeld ;)

I know Sudfeld has struggled a lot, but I still think this is a bad move. Wasn't Sudfeld injured prior to the last preseason game, then got re injured week 1 of the regular season ? The guy was obviously trying to play injured. You don't go from stud to dud in 3 weeks. The guy has so much potential, great size, sure he didn't show the hands he showed in the preseason, but hell, neither did Thompkins in week 2 against the Jets (he looked terrible), we didn't cut him (thank goodness). I really think this comes back to haunt us like Woodhead did to the Jets. I bet the Jets will be all over Sudfeld. Makes no sense. Throwing away a very good prospect. Especially since we have no TEs as it is.

They are almost certain to promote one of the DTs on the PS to the roster, which will open up a spot for Zach. With his performance the past month, it is probable that he clears waivers, so there isn't much risk.

Phew!

As long as Jake Bequette is still on the roster, we're fine!
Now, at the risk of beating to death an already hackneyed phrase, Bequette's a guy who really DOES have pictures...

I know Sudfeld has struggled a lot, but I still think this is a bad move. Wasn't Sudfeld injured prior to the last preseason game, then got re injured week 1 of the regular season ? The guy was obviously trying to play injured. You don't go from stud to dud in 3 weeks. The guy has so much potential, great size, sure he didn't show the hands he showed in the preseason, but hell, neither did Thompkins in week 2 against the Jets (he looked terrible), we didn't cut him (thank goodness). I really think this comes back to haunt us like Woodhead did to the Jets. I bet the Jets will be all over Sudfeld. Makes no sense. Throwing away a very good prospect. Especially since we have no TEs as it is.

He's a 24 year old UDFA rookie who gets hurt a lot. He can't block worth a damn, and he had his head up his ass when it came to route running and catching the ball. If he somehow becomes an ironman who blocks like a stud and catches everything thrown his way by Jacksonville QBs, so be it. At some point you have to be willing to let a player go when he's not getting it done.

Now, if only someone here could sneak into Bequette's house and find whatever embarrassing photos he has of BB....

You posted that thread this week, after Zach had been struggling and had a tenuous grip on his roster spot. Hardly something to champion "calling."

If he returns to the PS, it could be reasonable assumed that NE made the switch more due to injury than anything else.

I called that Vince Wilfork would go on IR yesterday. Man, I am on fire.

Mulligan clearly slipped my mind. Until he screws up blocking or catching, he just may be around awhile. He can always be used to irk Jet fans. :bricks:

This more than anything is the reason I regret that we couldn't turn Tebow into an actual NFL quarterback.

Oh the humanity that would have ensued over there.

Brady has targeted Sudfeld twice this season.

Brady has thrown two interceptions this season.

Sudfeld was unable to secure on easy onside kick.

Sudfeld: three targets, three turnovers. I know he's a developing rookie, but enough is enough. The game is clearly too big for him.

That was FAR from an easy onside kick. Lay-off the haterade.

OH, and blaming the 2 interceptions on Sudfeld would be like blaming Solder for the Wendell letting Brady get sacked..

I called that Vince Wilfork would go on IR yesterday. Man, I am on fire.

keep-calm-but-oh-lord-jesus-it-s-a-fire.png

Dudfeld was grossly out of shape, sort of out of shape in the opposite way Big Vince was.
Sudfeld's arms look like punters's arms; wimpy. He needs to spend some serious time in the weight room and eat more , ah, vitamin pills.

Last player to wear #44 that was any good was RB John Stephens in the late 90s...I liked that guy.

Heath Evans was a good player for the Pats... just sayin..

That was FAR from an easy onside kick. Lay-off the haterade.

OH, and blaming the 2 interceptions on Sudfeld would be like blaming Solder for the Wendell letting Brady get sacked..

Sudfeld was very obviously responsible for the one in Buffalo. The second one was on Brady. The muffed (hehe) onside kick, as I said before, was a tough one. That said, it hit him in the hands. He should have caught it.

It's obvious he is being released to make room for Adam Seward...:bricks:

Jokes aside, I hope he gets signed to the PS and be given time to develop.

He's a 24 year old UDFA rookie who gets hurt a lot. He can't block worth a damn, and he had his head up his ass when it came to route running and catching the ball. If he somehow becomes an ironman who blocks like a stud and catches everything thrown his way by Jacksonville QBs, so be it. At some point you have to be willing to let a player go when he's not getting it done.

Now, if only someone here could sneak into Bequette's house and find whatever embarrassing photos he has of BB....

I liked Studfeld in summer camp. A binkie.
Clearly he was not ready for the bright lights.
I'd called for him to be waived to the PS for needed seasoning and development. If he makes it there, great. I think he's got talent. If someone puts him on their 53, so be it.

Still don't get why there is so much hatred for an UDFA who didn't live up to expectations that many first rounders don't live up to. This kid was a victim of being too good in the preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back