* Ye Olde 2013 Mock Draft Thread!! *

Trade 1st for 2nd and 3rd round picks
2A: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
2B: Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
3A: Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
3B: DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
7A: Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State
7B: Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State

If Carradine can work out before the draft as planned, he's probably going first round and might not even make it to 29. It's a shame, as he's going to be really good.

Really think Bill will take a good penetrating DT if they fall.

Nothing beats pressure up the middle.

if we trade down i wouldnt be surprised if they targeted kawann short in the mid 2nd

Rang and Brugler have a new mock up. Post combine. Rang has us taking Robert Woods and Brugler has us taking Trufant. I like the Trufant pick. Would prob do that even if we keep Talib. Not sure Woods is a great pick at 29. Rang has Trufant going 24 to Indy. With his board, I'd probably take Kawann Short if I can't trade down. Maybe, Markus Wheaton.

2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I like to put the link in because it shows there aren't a lot of great choices at 29.

Rang and Brugler have a new mock up. Post combine. Rang has us taking Robert Woods and Brugler has us taking Trufant. I like the Trufant pick. Would prob do that even if we keep Talib. Not sure Woods is a great pick at 29. Rang has Trufant going 24 to Indy. With his board, I'd probably take Kawann Short if I can't trade down. Maybe, Markus Wheaton.

2013 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I like to put the link in because it shows there aren't a lot of great choices at 29.

I'm not a fan of Woods either but would be happy with Trufant. Bill seems to like legacy players.

With Rangs board I'd trade down. At receiver you still have Hopkins, Wheaton and Patton on the board. At CB you still have Banks, Poyer and Slay. At other positions you still have Elam (s), Fluker (T, G), Williams and Jenkins (DT) and others. Really the difference in talent here is minimal at best.

Trade down and then trade up at 59 and get two picks in the 40's and take say Poyer and Wheaton.

Except a mobile QB...

If your de's are doing their contain properly. Keeping the mobile qb in the pocket and not running past him. It doesn't matter how fast he is. Teams do that to Vick all the time. And, you'll start to see them do it against the read option next year.

FWIW, this is from Drafttek, literally from the school of Tavon Wilson, and not often heard of, at #59

Michael Buchanan
Illinois
DE43
Reach/Value: -2 Height:
6'5"
Weight:
There has been little talk of Illinois' Michael Buchanan, and something tells me that the Patriots like it that way. Last week I compared Buchanan to New England's top pick last season, Chandler Jones, and I maintain that stance after an impressive combine performance. Buchanan bested virtually all of the measurables that made Jones the 21st selection out of Syracuse last year, aside from a slight disadvantage in vertical leap (-2 inches) and weight (-11 lbs). Officially 6'5" and 255 lbs, the Illinois native has enough room on his frame to add bulk while still maintaining the athleticism that pops on tape and allows him to get up field and around would be blockers. The main difference between the two Ends at this stage was that Jones graduated with a bit more polish and understanding of technique, while Buchanan is more of a raw prospect. The Patriots could opt to bring Buchanan off the bench while he improves his size and skills, using him as a rotational end and grooming him to assume the side opposite his doppelganger. ~MP
NFL Mock Draft 2013 Picks 49-62

If the draft analysts at NFL.Com are to be believed, we're taking a CB in the first round:

Charles Davies - Desmond Trufant
Bucky Brooks - Johnthan Banks
Daniel Jeremiah - Johnthan Banks
Gil Brandt - David Amerson

Pretty good mock by GBN of all people for us.

1. DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
2. Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise St
3. Brian Winters - OL - Kent St

Great Blue North Draft Report

Via various tradedowns/machinations and trading mallet for a 3rd and 5th and a conditional 2014...

2. Darius Slay CB

3a. Stedman Bailey WR
3b. Sio Moore LB

4a. Quesenberry OT
4b. Josh Boyce WR

5. Mychal Rivera TE
5b. Hugh Thornton OL

6. Colby Cameron QB

7a. Emory Blake WR Auburn
7b. Cooper Taylor SS Richmond

Trade 59th pick to 49ers for 93 + ~152 (Colts 5th)

Picks
1 - Johnthan Banks CB Miss State
3 - Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
3 - Cornelius Washington DE/OLB Georgia
5 - Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
7 - TJ Moe WR Missouri
7 - Chris Jones DT Bowling Green

The idea of another stud DE has me far too excited. Would be nice to get a Mathis/Freeney combo for the next 8 years.

1 2nd, 4th and 2014 3rd
2 Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
2 Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
3 D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
4 Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
7 Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard
7 Darrington Sentimore, DT, Tennessee

trade mallett for 3rd and 5th and conditional 2014
sign dansby, reed,

trade down from 1 for high 2nd and 4th

2a. DAvid Amerson CB
2b. Marcus Wheaton WR
3a. Darious Slay CB
3. Stedman Bailey WR

4. Hugh Thornton G
5. Dave Quessenberry OT
7. Cooper Taylor S
7. Kruger DE UTah

Really hoping we can get Carradine, Banks or hankins at 29

Trade Mallet, 29 and Brandon Spikes to Browns for 6 and 68

6.Star Lotulelei Dt

59. Markus Wheaton wr

68. Menelik Watson ot

Trade 91 and 226 to Cowboys for 114 and 151

114. Leon McFadden Cb

151. David Baas de

235. Brandon Kaufman wr

Just bored.

Trade Mallet, 29 and Brandon Spikes to Browns for 6 and 68

6.Star Lotulelei Dt

59. Markus Wheaton wr

68. Menelik Watson ot

Trade 91 and 226 to Cowboys for 114 and 151

114. Leon McFadden Cb

151. David Baas de

235. Brandon Kaufman wr

Just bored.

If being bored means getting Wheaton and Mcfadden, I sure hope BB's bored on draft fay. :D

Don't see it happening, but I'd love that mock.

I didn't feel like making a new thread for this but found it interesting. These are the players drafted in the spots the Pats are picking this year. Smith was awesome and then a whole lot of we'll see what year two brings. Obviously means nothing but If they got one player who had the type of impact Smith had next year I think we would have to consider that a success.

29. Safety Harrison Smith (Vikings)
59. Defensive end Vinny Curry (Eagles)
91. Offensive tackle Lamar Holmes (Falcons)
226. Center David Molk (Chargers)
235. Wide receiver Jeremy Ebert (Patriots)

#26 Trade Up to take Tavon Auston WR West Virginia (trade #29 and #91 for #26 and # 104)
#59 Darius Slay CB Mississippi St
#104 Cornelius Washington DE Georgia
#226 Rod Sweeting CB Georgia Tech
#235 William Campbell DT Michigan St

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back