PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Mock Draft FAIL thread

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't think it'd be needed this year, but I've already found two terrible ideas today alone, so I figured I'd share the turkeys. :)

First off is resident moron Chris Trapasso.

He gets Caleb Williams to NE, but the how is ludicrous.
1. CHI v. CAR: Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
The Bears go with the most intimidating, productive edge rusher in the class instead of going quarterback with the No. 1 selection. Latu is NFL ready.

2. ARI: Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Harrison Jr. is this good ... to be a receiver going No. 2 overall. This would be the earliest a wideout was picked since Calvin Johnson in 2007.

3. NE: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
The Patriots are ecstatic to be able to land Williams here. He has franchise-quarterback talent.

4. ATL v. CHI: Drake Maye, QB, UNC
The Falcons can't wait around and hope Desmond Ridder develops. So they get aggressive to land the promising Maye from North Carolina. Chicago decides against picking a quarterback, instead taking the extra picks to continue to build around Justin Fields.

Second is a mock supposedly produced by an "NFL intern."

See if you can spot why it fails.

1. NE: Caleb Williams, QB, USC:
A. surmises the Patriots will trade for the No.1 pick ; giving the Bears picks 3, 35, a 2025 1st and 4th, and LB Josh Uche.

Mac Jones has proved he isn't the answer, and change is arising in New England. Belichick is on his way out, and the offense isn't just bland; it's depressing. Moving up for the top QB on the board immediately draws eyes back to the Pats as they rebuild around their new signal caller.

The problem with Williams to the Pats is that they run an archaic offense that only Tom Brady could run well.

He’d be a bad fit if Bill is still the HC.

Those kind of trades usually kill a franchise. SF is one of the few I’ve seen recover from something like that only because they had good pieces in place already with a great qb coach and a lot of luck with Purdy.

If we lose out, we’re gonna pick 2nd. Unless Carolina wins two games. Very unlikely. If Chicago selects Caleb Williams, I’m drafting Marvin Harrison Jr. If they take Marv. We take Caleb. Let’s just hope Zappe sucks this week. Because we aren’t winning any of next 4; at Pitt, KC, at Denver and at Buffalo. Last one vs Jets will be attended by about 7500.

If we lose out, we’re gonna pick 2nd. Unless Carolina wins two games. Very unlikely. If Chicago selects Caleb Williams, I’m drafting Marvin Harrison Jr. If they take Marv. We take Caleb. Let’s just hope Zappe sucks this week. Because we aren’t winning any of next 4; at Pitt, KC, at Denver and at Buffalo. Last one vs Jets will be attended by about 7500.
Looks like our SOS is lower than Carolina now. If we lose out, just need Carolina to win 1 game. And, we get top pick.

Looks like our SOS is lower than Carolina now. If we lose out, just need Carolina to win 1 game. And, we get top pick.
Per Tankathon they're equal.

Per Tankathon they're equal.
If we pick first, how bout this deal?

We get Fields and 2nd pick. We take Marv at 2. I would take calls if someone loves Maye.

Bears get top pick and a 4.

I think it will be difficult to build an offense with just Caleb or Maye. I think free agents will be more interested if we have Fields who
Has experience.

If we pick first, how bout this deal?

We get Fields and 2nd pick. We take Marv at 2. I would take calls if someone loves Maye.

Bears get top pick and a 4.

I think it will be difficult to build an offense with just Caleb or Maye. I think free agents will be more interested if we have Fields who
Has experience.
*sigh* The offseason goes coaching changes > FA > draft.

Unless you're willing to make that trade by the day FA starts, it's not going to impact FA decisions. Equally importantly, I don't think Fields's resume so far is going to move the needle all that much with FAs.

• Chicago gets: New England's 2024 first (No. 2), 2024 second (No. 34), 2024 fourth (102), 2025 third
  • New England gets: Chicago's 20024 first (No. 1).
1.01 NE: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
1.02 CHI: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, OSU
1.03 ARI: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
1.04 WAS: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
1.05 CHI: Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
1.06 NYG: Drake Maye, QB, UNC

• Chicago gets: New England's 2024 first (No. 2), 2024 second (No. 34), 2024 fourth (102), 2025 third
  • New England gets: Chicago's 20024 first (No. 1).
1.01 NE: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
1.02 CHI: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, OSU
1.03 ARI: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
1.04 WAS: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
1.05 CHI: Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
1.06 NYG: Drake Maye, QB, UNC
Yeah I see that as insanely stupid why would you trade up for a guy you would probably get anyway and even if you didn't there is still one just as good maybe even better for your system.

A hope and a prayer here.

TRADE: Patriots agree to massive draft day trade with Los Angeles Rams​

Patriots Receive: 2024 first-round pick (14)
Rams Receive: 2024 second-round pick (35), 2024 fourth-round pick (103), 2024 fifth-round pick (137), 2025 second-round pick, 2025 sixth-round pick, 2026 fifth-round pick
I can't imagine a scenario where the Rams agree to that. First off, the math doesn't work (they're losing on the trade). Second, they haven't used a first-round pick since Jared Goff. I'm thinking they might want to actually use it this year.

On top of that, your plan to fix the QB position cannot be "let's hope we can pull off a major trade-up for a QB."

Reactions: Ian
More proof that Musket Fire is . . . mostly unwonderful.

#2 for #5 and #71 [they currently have #69], a trade only about 600 points short on the standard value chart.

They pass on the QBs to take Joe Alt and then Nix at #34.

More proof that Musket Fire is . . . mostly unwonderful.

#2 for #5 and #71 [they currently have #69], a trade only about 600 points short on the standard value chart.

They pass on the QBs to take Joe Alt and then Nix at #34.
Need more than 71 if they are targeting a franchise qb or Harrison.

I mean wtf, why doesn’t this team get once in a lifetime offers? Miami has had two in the last 5 years. 2 1st and 2nd for average Tunsil? 3 firsts and a 3rd for pick 3 from 49ers? Sorry, thats the ****ing standard now and they can stick their value chart up their ass.

I mean wtf, why doesn’t this team get once in a lifetime offers? Miami has had two in the last 5 years. 2 1st and 2nd for average Tunsil? 3 firsts and a 3rd for pick 3 from 49ers? Sorry, thats the ****ing standard now and they can stick their value chart up their ass.
Yeah, I wonder why the other GM approved that trade in the simulator. . . . :rolleyes:

I could see a trade down if they acquire a plausible starter in FA and don't feel comfortable with any of the "big 3", but it would need to be a lot better than that (e.g., 2 to 5 would also require a 2025 1 or both 2024 and 2025 2s).

The problem with Williams to the Pats is that they run an archaic offense that only Tom Brady could run well.

That's why we're hoping he won't be thanks for the Great memories Bill.

Assuming we pick 2nd. Hope to god we keep Onwenu and Dugger. At the right price would like to also keep Henry, Bourne and Zeke.

Plan A
1. Draft Harrison
2. Trade 2nd and JuJu for Justin Fields.
3. Sign elite edge Allen, Burns or Hunter.

Would like to add T and cb if things went like this. Get a pick for Mac. 4-5??

Plan B
1. Draft Drake Maye. Caleb goes first.
2. Trade up for T. Maybe Guyton - OU. Good year for tackles.
3. Sign elite WR Tee Higgins

Going T&WR to help young qb out.Try to get a younger TE in draft. Worry about D next year.

I feel Plan A is better. Fields is just as good as Maye IMO with pro experience. Harrison is better than Higgins. And cheaper. Allows you to spend more on D in free agency.

There just aren’t any tackles in free agency. Better keep Big Mike and pray at LT.

i agree. Kraft must clean house and put in place a progressive staff that can change with the current times. Only then will Williams be a good fit.

i agree. Kraft must clean house and put in place a progressive staff that can change with the current times. Only then will Williams be a good fit.
I think Chicago drafts Caleb at 1. Or, trades pick for a haul and runs with Fields. We would probably have to give them a 2nd this year. And, a decent pick next year to pick 1st. Would make it hard to build offense that way.

Need more than 71 if they are targeting a franchise qb or Harrison.

Tunsil trade was way beyond stupid and some want BOB as a head coach.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back