PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Mock Draft FAIL thread

I think Chicago drafts Caleb at 1. Or, trades pick for a haul and runs with Fields. We would probably have to give them a 2nd this year. And, a decent pick next year to pick 1st. Would make it hard to build offense that way.
As I've said on other sites, it only makes sense to trade from 2 to 1 if you think that one player is far better than the others. Let's say your #1 player is a 100 grade.** Trading up makes sense if your #2 player is an 85, but not if he's a 97.

**Not that he's a perfect player, just as a benchmark for comparison.

Umm. . . .

3 - New England Patriots: Michael Penix Jr, QB, Washington​

While mystery surrounds Bill Belichick's future, no mystery surrounds New England's quarterback situation. Mac Jones is no longer a starting quarterback, while Bailey Zappe has not shown enough to claim the starting spot.

Washington's Michael Penix Jr could be the answer. The 23-year-old is an experienced quarterback with dual-threat ability and big-game experience. Penix Jr could lead Washington to the National Championship next Monday; a win and MVP performance could enhance his draft credentials.

I doubt we'll be picking at #3, because they'll unfortunately beat the Jets. We could even be picking as low as #7 (which would be disastrous for starting a rebuild).
Apparently there's no route below 5 barring an absurd result.

• Chicago gets: New England's 2024 first (No. 2), 2024 second (No. 34), 2024 fourth (102), 2025 third
  • New England gets: Chicago's 20024 first (No. 1).
1.01 NE: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
1.02 CHI: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, OSU
1.03 ARI: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
1.04 WAS: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
1.05 CHI: Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
1.06 NYG: Drake Maye, QB, UNC
Boy I hope not terrible Trade for us I would just stay Pat.

Boy I hope not terrible Trade for us I would just stay Pat.
To be fair that mock was a month ago. He now has us trading up to 2 and taking Maye.

Those kind of trades usually kill a franchise. SF is one of the few I’ve seen recover from something like that only because they had good pieces in place already with a great qb coach and a lot of luck with Purdy.
Absolutely. Just. Not. Worth. It.

Remember Ditka and RB Ricky Williams? Gave up his entire draft that year. Took years for that franchise to recover.

In the draft trading back and accumulating picks is the right way to go.

In the draft trading back and accumulating picks is the right way to go.
Whatever they do they absolutely need to get a QB. If we don't come out of this off-season with a huge improvement at QB then the entire coaching/front-office staff should be sacked on the spot. This crap has gone on for too long now.

Whatever they do they absolutely need to get a QB. If we don't come out of this off-season with a huge improvement at QB then the entire coaching/front-office staff should be sacked on the spot. This crap has gone on for too long now.
Problem is that it goes staff, then FA, then draft. . . .

WTF is Reuter smoking here?

The Patriots would swap first-round selections with Chicago this year and also give up a 2024 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2025 pick in the deal, similar to the trade between the Packers and Jets for Aaron Rodgers last year.
And then the picks he does make . . . yikes.

WTF is Reuter smoking here?

And then the picks he does make . . . yikes.

Why would he think that is the trade value to build around? Just more proof that most mocks these days are just click bate traffic drivers.

And I thought Chicago fans were delusional. [This is from Twitter; supposedly, the PFF engine proposed this on its own.]

GGOw7F5W8AA3sA9

And I thought Chicago fans were delusional. [This is from Twitter; supposedly, the PFF engine proposed this on its own.]

GGOw7F5W8AA3sA9
No Thanks
It would be liking drafting a CB in the 1st round
God only knows what pickings are left at 12
Then we get a 4 this year. And a 3rd next year which translates into a 4th
Not happening

The Pats pass on Drake Maye at 3, trading down to 11 where they take . . . Brock Bowers, with McCarthy going at 12. Doesn't say what else they get.

Ugh, it would have to be alot coming back, but both #11 and their picks in the other rounds are later than I would want.

Bower, isn't someone I've even thought about, at all. At 11 he might actually be considered a steal, bring back Henry to help get him up to speed.....not saying it wouldn't be a good pick, but this one would depend heavily on what else they are getting from Minn.

Interestingly, the Houston pick from last year would be an outline:
  • The Texans received the No. 3 and No. 105 picks in the 2023 NFL Draft.

• Arizona acquired the No. 12 and No. 33 selections in 2023, plus a 2024 first-round pick and 2024 third-round pick. The Texans traded their own 2024 first-round pick to the Cardinals, not the Browns’ 2024 first round pick they also owned, according to ESPN.

Why is it we get bent over backwards whether we trade up or trade down? These mediots must just think the Pats don’t care about getting raped while the other team benefits and always gets the player they covet while gaining draft picks. Yet we get
The 12th pick and a 2045 2nd round pick.

Especially with Fields. **** like Patriots trade #3, their 2nd rounder and 2025 1st in exchange for Fields and their 2nd first! I’d probably explode and not watch a second until September if that happened.

Danny Heifetz's mock (the third link at the top of the draft).

The Patriots trade down from 3 to 13, and pick up 2025 and 2026 firsts from the Raiders. Nothing that helps them in 2024.

They then trade down from 13 to 14, to get an extra fourth from the Saints.

And then they take . . . G Troy Fautanu.

The rationale being "This is not a fun pick, but when was the last time the Patriots did something fun in the draft?"

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back