PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Ye Olde 2013 Mock Draft Thread!! *

Attempt #4 (I think!)

TRADES:
29 & 91 to Cinci for 37, 84, 118, 156
84 to Tampa Bay for 112, 126, 147

AVAILABLE PICKS:
37 (2), 112 (4), 118 (4), 126 (4), 147 (5), 156 (5), 226 (7), 235 (7)

PICKS:

37. Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
6'3" 262lbs

112. Stedman Bailey - WR - West Virginia
5'10" 193lbs

118. Leon McFadden - CB - San Diego State
5'10" 193lbs

147. Marcus Lattimore - RB - South Carolina
5'11" 221lbs

156. Robert Lester - SS - Alabama
6'1" 220lbs

226. Marquess Wilson - WR - Washington State
6'3" 194lbs

235. Quanterus Smith - DE - Western Kentucky
6'5" 250lbs

Picks made using CBS draft rankings as a guide.

The good news is that you forgot to make pick 126 (originally traded for Talib that you reacquired), and you just plain forgot that they still have pick 59.

At 59 I'd love to suggest Markus Wheaton to triple-dip at WR.

At 126, I could see the Pats making a play for Nico Johnson - another run stuffing ILB from Nick Saban who would provide depth in year 1 and then potentially replace Brandon Spikes in year 2 with a similar skillset. Not saying that's what I'd like to see, but given who's on the board I could see the Pats going that way.

The good news is that you forgot to make pick 126 (originally traded for Talib that you reacquired), and you just plain forgot that they still have pick 59.

Totally didn't see 59 when looking at the available picks! :p

So with that in mind....

59. Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
6'4" 196lbs

126. Khaled Holmes - C - USC
6'3" 302lbs

I'm actually trying to predict our draft with this mock rather than just picking those prospects I like (although I like them all to some extent). Unfortunately, it's not one for those of you wanting DL help. I'm kinda counting on signing John Abraham or Freeney before the draft.

**Trade**

Eagles trade #35, 101 for Pats #29. With Michael Vick on only a one year contract and Nick Eoles not being a great fit for a Chip Kelly offense, they trade up to snag EJ Manuel who would make a good developmental prospect to sit behind Vick for a year.

Justin Pugh, OG, Syracuse

We're old, expensive and injury prone on the interior line. Pugh is an athletic slice of young blood. Pugh can slot in at LG when he's ready with Mankins moving over to RG.

Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

Still the best fit for what BB looks for in a draft worthy WR. If I had to bet on one Patriots pick, this would be the one. My only concern is whether he'll still be there at #59.

Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

I was intrigued by his recent visit and decided to re-watch some video of him. my God! he's aggressive. Perhaps too much in that he plays a little uncontrolled at times. But he's a very aggressive and successful blitzer and would become the most athletic pass defending LB on our team. Has Spikes type aggressiveness but I can easily picture him playing Mike, Sam and even Will on our defense in time. In the short-term, he could be a devil of a special-teamer and and an effective backup and sub package LB.

Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

A double dip at WR seems pretty inevitable this year. Boyce is a fit athletically and like Amendola, is someone who can both play in the slot and outside.

Kayvon Webster, CB, FIU

Like Dennard last year, Webster has been personally worked out by BB. CB is a funny position for the Pats. Potentially Dennard-Talib-Dowling-Arrington is a very good group but all have question marks in one way or another and I could easily see CB being drafted much higher. But I like Webster's aggressiveness, athleticism/speed and his fluidity in coverage.

Jordan Kovacs, S, Michigan

As I've said elsewhere, Kovacs strikes me as a perfect fit for the Patriots character wise.

UDFA

Derrick Washington, RB, Tuskegee

He has so much upside as a RB. Quality receiver and blocker who runs like a franchise RB. His ability to recognise holes and running lanes and decisively hit them is outstanding. This is one pick I really want to happen.

Kapron Lewis-Moore, DT, Notre Dame

The Patriots have been looking at DT's with 3-4 DE builds in FA. KLM always impressed me whenever I watched him and would be excellent value as a UDFA. Stash him for next year.

These are all players that I think we have a very good chance of selecting. Aside from Lewis-Moore all have had pre draft contact with the Pats in one form or another and all are Patriot type players either because of their character, athleticism or both. The one name not on here that I think will be a good bet is Mathieu but I couldn't fit him in.

I'm actually trying to predict our draft with this mock rather than just picking those prospects I like (although I like them all to some extent). Unfortunately, it's not one for those of you wanting DL help. I'm kinda counting on signing John Abraham or Freeney before the draft.

**Trade**

Eagles trade #35, 101 for Pats #29. With Michael Vick on only a one year contract and Nick Eoles not being a great fit for a Chip Kelly offense, they trade up to snag EJ Manuel who would make a good developmental prospect to sit behind Vick for a year.

#Kapron Lewis-Moore, DT, Notre Dame

The Patriots have been looking at DT's with 3-4 DE builds in FA. KLM always impressed me whenever I watched him and would be excellent value as a UDFA. Stash him for next year.

These are all players that I think we have a very good chance of selecting. Aside from Lewis-Moore all have had pre draft contact with the Pats in one form or another and all are Patriot type players either because of their character, athleticism or both. The one name not on here that I think will be a good bet is Mathieu but I couldn't fit him in.

I like that trade a lot. Lewis-Moore makes sense. After a year in a pro weight room, he could shock some people.

This is my ideal draft for the pats. Let me know what you guys think.

-Trade first round pick for 2nd, 3rd and 2014 draft pick.

2a. Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
- Can do anything on the offensive line. He can play on both sides. He’s played Center, Guard and Tackle at Bama. Jones’ best position in the NFL is interior line. High character guy, 3 time national champion and team captain.

2b. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
-Short is a beast with great production and great size at 6'3 315. Great strength and hand usage. He is unblockable, makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage and is arguably the best pass rushing DT in this draft.

3a. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
-Swope is a beast. He looks like an early-mid 2nd round pick on film. Ran a 4.3 at the combine, has great hands, is a great blocker and is very reliable. He tore SEC defenses apart last year.

3b. Devonte Holloman, OLB, South Carolina
-SEC linebacker. Former safety who has the speed and coverage skills of a safety but is also a great tackler and very physical. Lord knows we need an LB that can cover.

7a. Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky
-Pure pass rusher. Was leading college football in sacks this year until he tore his ACL. Puts constant pressure on the QB. Also had 3 sacks against Bama.

7b. Dexter McCoil, S, Tulsa
-Major sleeper. This guy is great in coverage, great in run support. 6'4. Interception machine.

Fantastic mock! If Short is not there, you could probably work another DT in that spot, since there are a ton available this year and still have a great mock.

If BB came out of this draft with only Barrett Jones, then I would consider this draft a huge success.

I will just preface this by saying this is what I would like to do, not a prediction of what we will do. I also think the Steelers match the Sanders offer sheet so we still have the 3rd round pick and a huge hole at WR. I also think we will still sign Abraham.

***NE Trades 1(29) to SF for 2(61) + 3(74) + 3(93)***
SF has a ton of picks and not many needs. They move up for a second 1st round pick to target one of their needs (S, WR, DL). I know this won't be popular with Pats fans having to wait until pick 59 though.

2(59). WR- Quinton Patton- Louisiana Tech
I wasn't a fan early on but I fell in love with his footwork. Might have limited skills early, but is a good vertical receiver, great after the catch and should be a really good redzone threat

***NE Trades 2(61) to TB for 3(73) + 4(112)***
The BB/Schiano connection would make us obvious trading partners. TB also has a couple of extra picks to move around

2(73). WR- Da'Rick Rogers- Tennessee Tech
If his character checks out he will be a steal. 1st round talent, very well rounded, physical and close to pro ready. Good possession complement to the playmaker Patton

2(74). CB- Darius Slay- Miss State/ Robert Alford- Southeastern Louisiana
I can't pick between these two and at least one should still be available here. Slay is the better cover man but Alford is physical and I love his attitude

***NE Trades 2(91) + 7(235) to Minnesota for 4(102) + 4(120)***
Just makes sense from a value standpoint and Minny has some extra picks to use to move around

3(93). S- TJ McDonald- USC
I love the potential pairing with McCourty. McDonald has the range to play deep CF but is best suited to play in the box and cover TEs. If this means that Gregory or even Adrian Wilson don't make the team then I'm okay with that, it just means we have depth.

***NE Trades 4(102) to Seattle for 4(123) + 5(138) + 7(231)***

4(112). RB- Marcus Lattimore- South Carolina
Behind Ridley and Vereen we only have questions. Lattimore is probably somewhere between Ridley and Vereen in terms of style. He isn't as physical as Ridley or as agile a receiver as Vereen, but he has special instincts, great vision and plays with a good pad level. Despite his injuries I think he will be a special player.

4(120). Cornelius Washington- Georgia
Poor mans Ziggy Ansah. Great athlete, flashed some dominance as a pass rusher, he just needs to develop now.

***NE Trades 1(123) to Washington for 5(154) + 5(162)***

5(138). OG- Dallas Thomas- Tennessee
2nd round talent that is going to fall because of injury. He tore his labrum in Senior Bowl practices and won't be able to work out at all because of the injury. If he is still here he is a steal, even if he isn't ready for the start of camp.

5(154). MLB- Vince Williams- Florida State
I love this guy. The vision, the instincts, the athleticism and the way he moves through traffic to get to the ball carrier make me think he is going to be special. Put up really good testing numbers and is underrated in coverage. Understands zone concepts and has good instincts dropping back.

5(162). WR- Marquess Wilson- Washington State
Yes a 3rd rookie WR, but if he can beat out Donald Jones and Michael Jenkins then why not. If he can't he could still be a good developmental practice squad guy. In the 5th round why not.

7(226). TE- Michael Williams- Alabama
He would be the best blocking TE in the NFL from day 1. Really versatile player at Alabama, lined up virtually as a 6th O-lineman at times his blocking is that good. Also caught the ball on occasion and in big moments and lined up in the backfield as a FB where he did a great job blocking down the field. Also a very good special teams player. Would be a good upgrade over Hooman and do a lot of different things.

7(231). K- Dustin Hopkins- Florida State
Gost has a big cap number and competition can never hurt. If Hopkins can win the job and save a few million $ then why not. If he doesn't he is at least good competition and depth in case Gost gets hurt.

I know that is a lot of picks but I think every single one has a legitimate chance of making the roster. Lattimore and Thomas might be PUP/IR candidates but the rest could all offer something this year or provide good competition in camp. I'm not trying to build a 53 man roster in April, I'm trying to create great depth, talent and competition in Camp so the best 53 players (health provided) make the roster. It should also take away some long term needs at WR, S and potentially OL and CB so we can attack DT in next years draft.

#35 Justin Pugh, OG, Syracuse

We're old, expensive and injury prone on the interior line. Pugh is an athletic slice of young blood. Pugh can slot in at LG when he's ready with Mankins moving over to RG.

Do you think Pugh would be a better interior O-line prospect than Terron Armstead?

Do you think Pugh would be a better interior O-line prospect than Terron Armstead?

Close, but I really like Armstead's athleticism. But I can't project him for the Pats because he's a small-schooler and we just don't draft them high. Would be delighted with Armstead as an OG though.

I will just preface this by saying this is what I would like to do, not a prediction of what we will do. I also think the Steelers match the Sanders offer sheet so we still have the 3rd round pick and a huge hole at WR. I also think we will still sign Abraham.

***NE Trades 1(29) to SF for 2(61) + 3(74) + 3(93)***
SF has a ton of picks and not many needs. They move up for a second 1st round pick to target one of their needs (S, WR, DL). I know this won't be popular with Pats fans having to wait until pick 59 though.

2(59). WR- Quinton Patton- Louisiana Tech
I wasn't a fan early on but I fell in love with his footwork. Might have limited skills early, but is a good vertical receiver, great after the catch and should be a really good redzone threat

***NE Trades 2(61) to TB for 3(73) + 4(112)***
The BB/Schiano connection would make us obvious trading partners. TB also has a couple of extra picks to move around

2(73). WR- Da'Rick Rogers- Tennessee Tech
If his character checks out he will be a steal. 1st round talent, very well rounded, physical and close to pro ready. Good possession complement to the playmaker Patton

2(74). CB- Darius Slay- Miss State/ Robert Alford- Southeastern Louisiana
I can't pick between these two and at least one should still be available here. Slay is the better cover man but Alford is physical and I love his attitude

***NE Trades 2(91) + 7(235) to Minnesota for 4(102) + 4(120)***
Just makes sense from a value standpoint and Minny has some extra picks to use to move around

3(93). S- TJ McDonald- USC
I love the potential pairing with McCourty. McDonald has the range to play deep CF but is best suited to play in the box and cover TEs. If this means that Gregory or even Adrian Wilson don't make the team then I'm okay with that, it just means we have depth.

***NE Trades 4(102) to Seattle for 4(123) + 5(138) + 7(231)***

4(112). RB- Marcus Lattimore- South Carolina
Behind Ridley and Vereen we only have questions. Lattimore is probably somewhere between Ridley and Vereen in terms of style. He isn't as physical as Ridley or as agile a receiver as Vereen, but he has special instincts, great vision and plays with a good pad level. Despite his injuries I think he will be a special player.

4(120). Cornelius Washington- Georgia
Poor mans Ziggy Ansah. Great athlete, flashed some dominance as a pass rusher, he just needs to develop now.

***NE Trades 1(123) to Washington for 5(154) + 5(162)***

5(138). OG- Dallas Thomas- Tennessee
2nd round talent that is going to fall because of injury. He tore his labrum in Senior Bowl practices and won't be able to work out at all because of the injury. If he is still here he is a steal, even if he isn't ready for the start of camp.

5(154). MLB- Vince Williams- Florida State
I love this guy. The vision, the instincts, the athleticism and the way he moves through traffic to get to the ball carrier make me think he is going to be special. Put up really good testing numbers and is underrated in coverage. Understands zone concepts and has good instincts dropping back.

5(162). WR- Marquess Wilson- Washington State
Yes a 3rd rookie WR, but if he can beat out Donald Jones and Michael Jenkins then why not. If he can't he could still be a good developmental practice squad guy. In the 5th round why not.

7(226). TE- Michael Williams- Alabama
He would be the best blocking TE in the NFL from day 1. Really versatile player at Alabama, lined up virtually as a 6th O-lineman at times his blocking is that good. Also caught the ball on occasion and in big moments and lined up in the backfield as a FB where he did a great job blocking down the field. Also a very good special teams player. Would be a good upgrade over Hooman and do a lot of different things.

7(231). K- Dustin Hopkins- Florida State
Gost has a big cap number and competition can never hurt. If Hopkins can win the job and save a few million $ then why not. If he doesn't he is at least good competition and depth in case Gost gets hurt.

I know that is a lot of picks but I think every single one has a legitimate chance of making the roster. Lattimore and Thomas might be PUP/IR candidates but the rest could all offer something this year or provide good competition in camp. I'm not trying to build a 53 man roster in April, I'm trying to create great depth, talent and competition in Camp so the best 53 players (health provided) make the roster. It should also take away some long term needs at WR, S and potentially OL and CB so we can attack DT in next years draft.

i'd be stoked with that

ATippett56 2013 Mock Draft Special! :D

A New England Patriots Draft Extravaganza! :eek:

Trade the 29th overall selection to the San Francisco 49ers for the 61st, 74th, 93rd overall selections

59th - Markus Wheaton, WR - Oregon State
61st - Brian Schwenke, OC/OG - California
74th - Darius Slay, CB - Mississippi State

Trade the 91st overall selection to the Minnesota Vikings for the 102nd, 120th overall selections

93rd - Stedman Bailey, WR - West Virginia
102nd - Brennan Williams, OT - North Carolina
120th - Josh Evans, FS - Florida
226th - Jonathan Stewart, ILB - Texas A&M
235th - Kayvon Webster, CB - South Florida

Alternatives at wide receiver with the 93rd overall selection:

Ryan Swope, WR - Texas A&M
Chris Harper, WR - Kansas State

Hey everyone. I'm a long time lurker and always enjoy the hard work that the posters on this board put into the draft. It has provided a lot of fun reading and knowledge. I felt like doing a mock this year. Please let me know what you guys think.

Chiefs # 1. Luke Joeckel OT. With Brandon Albert being franchised, and past rumors of the chiefs looking to trade him, indicates that they are not set on him at left tackle. Chiefs select the best OT prospect of the draft.

Jaguars # 2. Geno Smith QB. The Jags probably noticed how a QB can make all the difference, after witnessing the Colts, Seahawks, and Redskins turned into playoff teams. Gabbert has failed to show any promise at the position.

Raiders # 3. Sharrif Floyd DT. After cutting Seymour and Kelly, this is easily the biggest need for the Raiders.

Eagles # 4. Eric Fisher OT. With Geno Smith off the board, the Eagles look to solidify the Oline with the top OT remaining.

Lions # 5. Ezekial Ansah DE. With Vander Bosch cut and Avril leaving in FA. The Lions are desperate for an impact DE. Rumors are that the Lions are really high on Ansah.

**Trade (and no it's not for Mallet)** Browns trade #6 (Value 1,600) and Jabal Sheard for the Dolphins #12 (Value 1,200), #42 (Value 480), and #84 (Value 170). With few picks in the draft, and Lombardi being a huge BB fan, decides to trade for more draft picks in a deep draft, and unload Sheard who does not fit their new 3-4 Scheme.

Dolphins #6 from trade. Dee Milliner CB. With Vonte Davis and Sean Smith gone, and Brent Grimes signed to 1 year coming off a season ending injury. The Dolphins make a splash by trading up for the best CB and taking a promising young DE in Sheard to shore up what might be a talented Defense.

Cardinals # 7. Lane Johnson OT. Surprised to still see Dion Jordan still on the board, the Cardinals are tempted, but decide to give help to a terrible Oline, and draft the last of the top 3 OT.

Bill #8. Bjoern Werner DE. To the surprise of Mel Kiper, who blasts the Bills for passing on Dion Jordan. The Bills take the talented Werner, who can rush the passer and stop the run.

Jets #9. Dion Jordan DE/OLB. Originally intending to draft Star Lotulelei, the Jets just can't help themselves and take the top prospect on the board in Dion Jordan with Kiper applauding the Jets in this brilliant move.

Titans #10. Kenny Vaccaro S. With more talented receiving TEs and the league becoming pass happy, Safety is becoming a more critical role on Defense. The Titans take the best Safety in the draft, and have shown a lot of interest.

Chargers #11. Chance Warmack OG. With the top 3 OT already gone, the Chargers take the Best OG in Warmack to help a pathetic Oline.

**Trade** Browns trade the #12 pick (1,200 Value) to the 49ers for their #31 (600), #61(292), #76 (210), #152 (30.6), and #213 (6.2). Lombardi not sold on any prospect at this spot, and many positions to fill, pulls the trigger on adding an abundance of draft picks.

49ers #12. Tavon Austin WR. The 49ers have the best team on paper and more picks than roster spots available. Harbaugh benched the sold QB A. Smith for the explosive Kaepernick and looked like a genius. Wanting to add more firepower to his offense, takes the most explosive player in the draft, and keeps him away from a rival.

**Trade**. The Bucs trade the #13 pick in the draft to the Jets for Darrel Revis. The Bucs take a chance on Revis Island and his healing knee and contract.

Jets #13. Star Lotulelei DT. The Jets are extastic that Lotulelei fell to this spot, and decided the loss of Revis was worth it for the big man. Kiper has a heart attack from his shear joy and excitement from this move.

Panthers #14. Xavier Rhodes CB. With Chris Gamble being cut, the Panthers go after the top CB on their board and take Rhodes.

Saints #15. Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB. With the Saints switching to the 3-4, they take the top OLB on the board.

Rams #16. Jonathan Cooper OG. With Jake Long signed in the off season, the addition of Cooper will finally give Bradford some time to throw the ball.

Steelers #17. Jarvis Jones DE/OLB. Jones slow 40 time does not scare of the Steelers, and draft Jones to give some youth to an aging Defense.

**Trade**. The Cowboys Trade the #18 pick in the draft (Value 900) to the Viking for their #23 (760) and the #85 (165). Jerry Jones pops a blood vessel after both his guys, Kenny Vaccaro and Jonathan Cooper are taken and decides to trade his pick down.

Vikings #18. Cordarrelle Patterson WR. The Vikings move up to take Patterson. Patterson's explosive running in the open field will immediately help take over for Harving the return game, and can be used in a similar fashion.

Giants #19. D.J. Fluker OT. The Giants decide to beef up their Oline and draft Fluker.

Bears #20. Sheldon Richardson DT. Richardson has fallen slightly down the draft board, which the bears take advantage of and bolster their Dline.

Bengals #21. Jonathan Cyprien S. Cyprien has been rising up the boards the past week. The Bengals decide to strengthen their talented young Defense.

Rams #22. Eric Reid FS. The Rams missed out on Tavon Austin and Patterson. They decide to follow the Bengals approach and strengthen their young talented secondary. WR will be targeted with their 2nd or 3rd, or even possibly both picks.

Cowboys #23 from trade with Vikings. Sylvester Williams DT. Jones now dead, allows for a competent member of the front office to draft Williams after passing on Richardson earlier.

Colts #24. Jesse Williams DT. The Colts Rush Def was amongst the worst last year ranking in at 29 in yards allowed. Williams will give much needed strength in the trenches.

Vikings # 25. Datone Jones DE. The Vikings at the best DE on the board.

Packers #26. Matt Elam S. The Packers Defense has been putrid ever since Nick Collins career ending injury. Hoping to replace that spark Collins gave the defense the Packers draft the top remaining safety in Elam.

Texans #27. Robert Woods WR. The Texans are thrilled to have so many options at a position of need in WR. Already having a beast at split end in Johnson. The Texans take Woods who can run all the routes and excels in the Flanker role.

Broncos #28. Desmond Trufant CB. Champ Bailey really showed his age in the playoff loss to the Ravens. Needing to get younger at CB, the Broncos draft the highly athletic Desmond Trufant.

Patriots #29. Keenan Allen WR. Keenan Allen is the perfect WR for the patriots. He has size, runs great routes, is a threat in the return game, is great with YAC which the pats covet, and he has an injury history for the chicken littles to complain about. Allen can run any route and is fearless going over the middle.

Falcons #30. Tyler Eifert TE. With this most likely being Gonzales last year. The Falcons decide to draft his successor.

Browns #31 from 49ers. Damontre Moore DE/OLB. Browns fans are now off suicide watch from having to wait all night for this pick. With Kruger signed and Sheard gone, this leaves an opening for the other OLB spot in the Browns new 3-4. Moore can rush the passes and has the agility to drop in converage.

Ravens #32. Deandre Hopkins WR. Hopkins is not Boldin, but he will enjoy going for up for jump balls from Flacco.

Trade time.

For the $42, #84, and #165 pick in the draft, the Patriots Trade Ryan Mallet and Brandon Spikes to the Browns. Lombardi gets his QB and SMLB in Spikes. The loss of Spikes hurts, but with this being his final year BB decides to part ways.

Remaining #42, #59, #84, #93, #165, #204 #221
#42, #84, and #165 are from the Browns.

#42 Alec Ogletree LB. Finally, a LB who can cover a TE or RB out on the flat.

#59 D J Hayden CB. He is OTG super beast blue chip steal, who ranks as a top10 in his book. Enough said for me.

#84. Ryan Swope Flanker. Ryan Swope is a beast. Watching his game play on youtube. The guy plays receiver like a smaller faster Gronk. He just doesn't go down on first contact.

#93. Traded to Chi for #116 and a 2014 3rd.

#116 Marcus Lattimore. Will probably start on PUP, and may miss 2013; however,Lattimore is a beast and will be factor next year.

#165. Eric Herman OG. Read a report that the pats have had several work outs.

#204. Ricky Wagner OT.

#221 Courtney Gardner WR. 6.3 215 with sub 4.4 speed.

Recap. WR Keenan Allen, OLB Alec Ogletree, CB D J Hayden, WR Ryan Swope, RB Marcus Lattimore, OG Eric Herman, OT Ricky Wagner, and WR Courtney Gardner.

Explanation of the Spikes trade. I love Spikes and the attitude he brings to the Defense. Here is how I would see him replaced if this happened. For the start of the season Mayo as the Will, Hightower as Mike, and Ninkovich as the SLB. I see Ogletree working his way onto the roster by first playing in sub packages, and then working into the Will spot. Moving Mayo into the Mike and Hightower back to SLB.

Feel free to bash or make changes to my mock.

@gobesmug.

Welcome. That's a really good and well written mock. Some thoughts:

1. Nitpicking but in both Browns trades you call them the Chiefs. Only a small thing but you might want to edit it.

2. I can see a Cleveland double trade down - in fact I think it quite likely, particularly if they do want Mallett. Their #6 pick is prime territory for a trade back.

3. It might make me a chicken little but I do worry about Keenan Allen's injury. As yet we've heard nothing about a visit which I think would be essential in getting him checked out. So unless we don't hear about a visit, I'm not sure he'll be the pick. Aside from the injury, he's a pretty good fit. I do worry about that speed though.

4. Love Ogletree. If he falls that far, I'm banging the table for him. Not sure BB will notice however.

5. Allen, Lattimore and maybe Hayden do represent a bit of an injury risk.

5. However it's a draft that I'd love. Not necessarily the players that I like the most (except Ogletree) but there isn't a pick there that I don't like.

Great job.

Even though i like spikes i can get behind trading him.

@gobesmug.

Welcome. That's a really good and well written mock. Some thoughts:

1. Nitpicking but in both Browns trades you call them the Chiefs. Only a small thing but you might want to edit it.

2. I can see a Cleveland double trade down - in fact I think it quite likely, particularly if they do want Mallett. Their #6 pick is prime territory for a trade back.

3. It might make me a chicken little but I do worry about Keenan Allen's injury. As yet we've heard nothing about a visit which I think would be essential in getting him checked out. So unless we don't hear about a visit, I'm not sure he'll be the pick. Aside from the injury, he's a pretty good fit. I do worry about that speed though.

4. Love Ogletree. If he falls that far, I'm banging the table for him. Not sure BB will notice however.

5. Allen, Lattimore and maybe Hayden do represent a bit of an injury risk.

5. However it's a draft that I'd love. Not necessarily the players that I like the most (except Ogletree) but there isn't a pick there that I don't like.

Great job.

Thank you. I must have put the chiefs thinking of pioli instead of lombardi.

I agree with the injury concern about Allen, but I think the slow 40 time was more about him still not being fully recovered. Watching whatever youtube videos i could find on him, he showed good explosion and break away speed while already moving. Another reason I think he could be on the pats radar is that he has.not been in for a visit. I could see the pats bringing him in the day before the draft to check him medically.

I would be happy with Hopkins. He was my original favorite but after Allen stared to slip I started to watch his tape. A trade back at 29 would work. A trade back with Markus Wheaton or Quinton Patton along with DaRick Rogers instead of Swope would work too.

Allen, Hayden, and Lattimore definitely pose injury concerns; however, BB has never shied away from injury history, which has worked (Gronk), and failed (IR Dowling). These players represent what BB loves and that is value.

New England trades the 29th pick to Philadelphia for 35th pick ando 101th pick.
New England trades QB Ryan Mallett to Cleveland for 45th pick.

35 Jesse Williams DT Alabama

45 Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State

59 Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana

91 Da' Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

101 DeVonte Holloman OLB South Carolina

226 Brandon Jenkins DE FSU

235 Dexter McCoil S Tulsa

2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Eric Fisher fills No. 1 spot

Mayock draft. Some interesting ones. I don't see the Browns going with Smith at 6 and I'm not sure about Rhodes for the Pats at 29. He has us taking Nick Perry and Harrison Smith in the first last year. I was OK with Smith who played better than I thought but wasn't loving Perry.

2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Eric Fisher fills No. 1 spot

Mayock draft. Some interesting ones. I don't see the Browns going with Smith at 6 and I'm not sure about Rhodes for the Pats at 29. He has us taking Nick Perry and Harrison Smith in the first last year. I was OK with Smith who played better than I thought but wasn't loving Perry.

I think Mayock is one of the best talent evaluators in the media, but I don't think his mocks are as accurate as some others because he goes off his own evaluations while others go off sources. So I take his opinion on individual players more than where he mocks guys.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back