PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW: HOU OT Duane Brown traded to SEA

It's clear Seattle is all-in on this season. Brown's contract jumps close to $10M next year. They're giving up the 2019 second because they don't have their 2018 second, which was traded for Sheldon Richardson and his $8M contract in the last season.

2019 2nd round pick = 2018 3rd round pick

Isn't that how it works? Not that I understand this philosophy.

Hell no! NO NO NO NO NO! I don't want no soft as **** player on our team. It's embarrassing how he always tries to act tough when he's not.
its jimmy freakin graham or dwayne allen.

I would love to see another seahags rematch. Would be nice.

its jimmy freakin graham or dwayne allen.

**** that, I take option C. Bring back Marty B! Guy could block and was decent as a receiver!

And for the record, thru 7 games, Allen's blocking has been fine. Which is what I've always wanted. So I like Dwayne Allen. And he was open in Falcons game but Brady threw to a covered Gronk down the sideline instead of an open Allen. Would have been a good chunk yardage if he threw it to Allen.

Disclaimer: I haven't checked the Chargers game yet.

**** that, I take option C. Bring back Marty B! Guy could block and was decent as a receiver!
and is gonna retire after 8 games.

Seattle was a contender before this move. They will need a running game for the winter. Brown can help . but cannot run himself..

Maybe but that o line was shaky and the offense wasn't effective at times. Now wilson will have time to throw. I think this makes them the top team in the NFC. I would put the eagles second. Idk what the saints are yet.

Maybe but that o line was shaky and the offense wasn't effective at times. Now wilson will have time to throw. I think this makes them the top team in the NFC. I would put the eagles second. Idk what the saints are yet.
You could also argue a terrible OL helps Wilson work to his strengths which includes scrambling and making up plays on the fly. In that regard, he's probably the best in the NFL.

@ausbacker with regards to why hes a POS
I think the whole implying that your protesting group of largely African American players are prisoners, when part of what those same ****ing players are protesting is unfairness in the justice system, either a know racist, homophobic, good ole' boy having a slip of facade and letting his real self out, or McNair is the most ignorant mother ****er on the planet.

The Texans lost a close game to Seattle yesterday. Today, they kicked Seattle's ass in the trade.

Wouldn’t it be the coaches (correct) decision to bench a player who didn’t show up for practice on Friday?

Why would you need extra reasons to trade a guy who refuses to play for your team (Brown) ?

I don't know. Hopkins missed practice too for the same reasons but played every snap. Brown played almost every snap too, so he wasn't holding out anymore.

So it's probably a match-up thing but weird to see a guy playing over 20% of his team's snaps get next to nothing. If it was about practice, you'd think Hopkins would get something too.

I'd like to think BOB would have full autonomy, and it should be a coach's decision. But after reading the McNair comments, I wouldn't put it past him. And I don't see BOB as strong enough to defy an angry owner. But I could be wrong.

Just seems strange is all.

Hey McNair (you POS), looks like at least one of your inmates escaped......

Does that mean Jeremy Lane just got sent to prison?
:D

I don't know. Hopkins missed practice too for the same reasons but played every snap. Brown played almost every snap too, so he wasn't holding out anymore.

So it's probably a match-up thing but weird to see a guy playing over 20% of his team's snaps get next to nothing. If it was about practice, you'd think Hopkins would get something too.

I'd like to think BOB would have full autonomy, and it should be a coach's decision. But after reading the McNair comments, I wouldn't put it past him. And I don't see BOB as strong enough to defy an angry owner. But I could be wrong.

Just seems strange is all.
All of that says nothing about who made the decision

All of that says nothing about who made the decision

I know, which is why I said I wonder if it's related. It's not a fact, just a thought. The timing is suspicious, but we'll see how it goes the rest of the way.

Good move, get a potential cancer out of that locker room. His comments over the weekend sealed this move. His media outburst were insidiously damaging to a promising team.

Fills a huge need for Seattle, and Houston has been getting it done on offense (to say the least) without him anyway. Seems like a good trade for both.

And for the record, thru 7 games, Allen's blocking has been fine. Which is what I've always wanted. So I like Dwayne Allen. And he was open in Falcons game but Brady threw to a covered Gronk down the sideline instead of an open Allen. Would have been a good chunk yardage if he threw it to Allen.

Disclaimer: I haven't checked the Chargers game yet.

I was actually thinking that we should trade for Bennett because 1) he would take a lot of pressure and attention off Gronk, and 2) he would also at the same time take pressure off the WR group to try to overproduce and compensate for the one dimensional TE game we have going now, and yes this is a slam on Allen and what he's brought to the table so far.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back