PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade a 2018 1st to move into 2nd round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borisman

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There are still players available with good value. I may trade the 2018 (which won't happen but for discussion sake) for one of the following players.

Cam Robinson
Zach Cunningham
Dan Feeney
Tim Williams
Forrest Lamp

I wouldVe added Dalvin Cook to the list but we are set at RB.

Id still grab Cook if it was me to good to pass up locked up for 4 years.
Second would be Cunningham BB worked him out personally and Obi how can you not lose the name the skill set and height at the position

I don't think I'm informed enough to say they should make that kind of move.

With that said, if BB/Caserio make THAT kind of deal they must be ga-ga over THAT player.

Everything I'm reading says this is a super deep draft for defensive players. Maybe it's not necessary to make that kind of move this year.

No. Can't start chasing picks. We traded our #1 for a top WR - fine - don't start lowering the value by trading future higher picks to recoup picks.
It's not about that. We are likely to pick around 30th next year and there is still talent available that could be equal to or better to what may be available next year.

It's not about that. We are likely to pick around 30th next year and there is still talent available that could be equal to or better to what may be available next year.
We wouldn't get 2.1 or 2.2 for our #1 next year. You'd be adding, minimum, our #72 this year and our #3 next year.

#1 next year straight up ? You're looking at the mid second round.

I would not at all. I don't think the Pats will, either, as they traded out of it (granted for proven players) and the available talent seems to be viewed more or less as equal for the next few rounds. Also, going 3 years in a row without a first round pick, which will be cost controlled for 5 years, seems very un-Patriot like.

No...2018 1st is being saved for Richard Sherman.

Gilmore
Butler
Sherman

Ohhh man...

I'd do it for one of the top 5 picks of the second round because then all you're doing is dropping 5 picks or so, but I wouldn't go any lower that that.

From a value perspective ....NO.
But......... BB is operating from a different manual this year so who knows what he is thinking.
Relinquishing a 1st and 3rd to secure two years of control at a position he has never reached for........
No 1st round potential foundation piece in the last two drafts.....
Breaking the bank for a Buffalo Bill..........
Loading up at RB...........
Are we inside the Matrix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back