PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Lamar Jackson-Ravens Drama Could Ultimately Become Patriots Problem

So did Cam Newton. A mediocre qb over the totality of his career.
That's who Lamar is. Incredibly overrated.
Lamar has a much higher TD% and passer rating than Cam. They're not the same quarterback.

Lamar won MVP in only his second season. Since Lamar was drafted, the Ravens are 45-16 with Lamar starting, and 6-12 with anyone else. No other team is worse without their starting quarterback.

Lamar has a much higher TD% and passer rating than Cam. They're not the same quarterback.

Lamar won MVP in only his second season. Since Lamar was drafted, the Ravens are 45-16 with Lamar starting, and 6-12 with anyone else. No other team is worse without their starting quarterback.
Tell me about his dismal playoff performances. He sucked. That's how a qb is judged. He's a loser. He's gotten worse than his 2nd yr. And he ain't getting any better. I'd love to see Jete get him

I can play that game too, if Pats had a competent OC they'd have been 2nd by 3-4 games.

not to mention if refs made proper calls
-Henry's TD wrongly overruled-
-Raiders WR being clearly out of bounds
-Stevenson's forward progress clearly stopped before the ball was punched out (literally had the same thing go against them a week later when refs called the Dolphins RB progress stopped when he fumbled)
-Let's not even talk about how hosed they got by refs in Buffalo (massive holds on the 2 TD returns, not calling blatant DPI in the end zone, calling Henry for OPI that was just him running his route)

That's 3 wins turned into losses at the hands of blatantly bad ref calls

8-9 should have been 11-6, maybe even 12-5
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

So did Cam Newton. A mediocre qb over the totality of his career.
That's who Lamar is. Incredibly overrated.
Lamar is better than cam can't newton

I'm fine with him protecting his future earnings by not playing now. His first duty is to his family, nuclear and extended, and to anyone else that depends on his finances. Second duty is to the team and winning. That's how every NFL player should order it (and generally does). If the Ravens didn't solve the first part so he can attend to the second part without hesitation, shame on them.

If I'm an owner/GM of a QB-needy team, this mindset of his - if even true - would give me pause to consider looking elsewhere...

Lamar making a b’nuss decision today.

When healthy, Lamar is a far better quarterback than Mac. Lamar with Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. And that Jets defense. Be afraid. You don't want a healthy Lamar in the East.

But that's just the thing: He won't be healthy very often or for very long... Plus at least half of his games would then be played on Exit 16W's less-forgiving PhoneyTurf...

Last edited:
The two of them were also hilarious in the Cheese Shop sketch.
Cheese Shop was a classic. Same with the Dead Parrot.
There's 2 kinds of people in the world- those who get Monty Python and those who don't. Those who don't are humorless,soulless aholes who take themselves too seriously.
I say that with no malice.

I know. Are you aware of how bad that team is around him? No skill position players and an o-line that gave him about half a second to throw.
I’ve never watched bad football and called one player doing poorly a good player because I don’t like the players around him. It’s a weak excuse. Fields as a passer has regressed a lot from his college days.

I’ve never watched bad football and called one player doing poorly a good player because I don’t like the players around him. It’s a weak excuse. Fields as a passer has regressed a lot from his college days.
patsfans homer excuse logic
mac is excused because the OC/O-Line/Scheme are letting him down
other QB perform not that great with a much worse coaches, o-line and weapons ; conclusion is the qb sucks

patsfans homer excuse logic
mac is excused because the OC/O-Line/Scheme are letting him down
other QB perform not that great with a much worse coaches, o-line and weapons ; conclusion is the qb sucks
I’d like you to find a single example of me doing this.

....and how many games has he missed already.

And again I reiterate for the umteenth time, QB's DO NOT make or break football TEAMS!!!! Otherwise, the Bears wouldn't have the first pick in the draft this year. Is Brock Purdy the next coming of Tom Brady, OR are the Niners a really good football TEAM. QB's are the most important players on the offense, simply because they touch the ball on virtually every play. BUT as we SHOULD have seen over the years, defense and ST's play important roles too. We probably are in the playioffs if we played better special teams in Buffalo

If you base your entire efforts finding the ultimate QB, then you will end up neglecting the other aspects of your game. Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Dashaun Watson, Justin Hurbert and the aforementioned Lamar Jackson are ALL exceptionally talented QB's who have put up tons of great INDIVIDUAL stats over the years, and yet only Rodgers and Stafford ever won anything (and only ONCE) and then only when they had LOADS of talent around them.

Just sayin', because I don't want anyone to lose sight of the FACT, that having that top 5 QB throwing to a top 5 receiver is NOT a guarantee to success, especially in an age where injuries seem so prevalent. In order to win today you TRULY need a deep 53 man roster and help on you PS. I believe the only way top heavy, all in teams can win is if they are very, VERY lucky with their health,
You bring up the Packers and Rams having loads of talent around them when Rodgers and Stafford won

Dude, those teams still had gaps. Lots of teams that win super Bowls are not 53 players deep. The Rams couldn't run the ball for ****, and their defense was

When the Chiefs won in 2019, their defense wasn't very good. They won because Mahomes + Kelce + Hill is a generational trio

In the 2016 playoffs, Gronk got hurt, making the Pats receiving/TE group pretty damn mediocre. But won because Brady was just incredible and their defense was good.

Yes a QB can't literally carry a team by himself, but they DO make or break football TEAMS. Out of all the Pats teams that have won super Bowls, do you think they make all of them without Brady?

Basically, you don't need super deep perfect team to win. You need a QB with a strong arm that can get hot or be clutch.

You can have a complete team, but if the QB isn't good enough, they'll waste it. Look at how Tannehill wasted Tennessee's teams in the playoffs the last few years.

Lamar Jackson is a slightly- better -than-average qb who chokes in the playoffs. He is barely a top 10 qb and that's being
generous. You have no clue what you're talking about.
This is silly. When the dude is healthy the Ravens play at a 12 win pace, and that's without him having EVER played with a real true #1 WR.

That's an interesting take with all of the excuses for Mac: Patricia, o-line, WRs aren't good enough, etc.

Fields has literally the worse team around him in the league but we're not allowing him any "weak excuses."

That's an interesting take with all of the excuses for Mac: Patricia, o-line, WRs aren't good enough, etc.

Fields has literally the worse team around him in the league but we're not allowing him any "weak excuses."
please see my post above, said the same thing, this is an issue here happens regularly

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back