PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Lamar Jackson-Ravens Drama Could Ultimately Become Patriots Problem

That's an interesting take with all of the excuses for Mac: Patricia, o-line, WRs aren't good enough, etc.

Fields has literally the worse team around him in the league but we're not allowing him any "weak excuses."
Im not sure how you cite things I have never said then come to a conclusion about what “we” are allowing.

Im not sure how you cite things I have never said then come to a conclusion about what “we” are allowing.
By we I mean collectively Pats fans. You said I was making excuses for Fields despite the fact that his supporting cast is undeniably bad. Some fans here insufferably make every excuse for Mac's bad season. Despite having the GOAT HC while Fields is dealing with Matt Eberflus.

I'm not sure where stand on Mac but I suppose you're not accepting weak excuses for bad football.

I don't know, but bringing it back to Jackson, despite being a 1200-yard rusher and a league MVP with 36 TD passes, he's "incredibly overrated" and a "loser." But Mac with his 14 TDs, 11 INTs and 100 yards rushing is just an "OC, o-line and receivers" away from being good.

By we I mean collectively Pats fans. You said I was making excuses for Fields despite the fact that his supporting cast is undeniably bad. Some fans here insufferably make every excuse for Mac's bad season. Despite having the GOAT HC while Fields is dealing with Matt Eberflus.

I'm not sure where stand on Mac but I suppose you're not accepting weak excuses for bad football.

I don't know, but bringing it back to Jackson, despite being a 1200-yard rusher and a league MVP with 36 TD passes, he's "incredibly overrated" and a "loser." But Mac with his 14 TDs, 11 INTs and 100 yards rushing is just an "OC, o-line and receivers" away from being good.
I dont know how to productively have a conversation when you call my comments inconsistent because they conflict with what you think some group of people that does not include me think.

Has anyone floated the chance of the Ratbirds trading for Lance?

Lamar wants to be the highest paid QB of all time with a fully guaranteed contract. He's not coming here.

Ravens already offered him a big contract that he turned down.

Lamar wants to be the highest paid QB of all time with a fully guaranteed contract. He's not coming here.

Ravens already offered him a big contract that he turned down.
He wants the same contract that massage boy got, but we can see how that's turning out for the Brownies.

So, let's hope da Jete put all they got into getting this guy, instead of doing what they should do, start building a decent O line.

Why would they trade for another QB who can't stay on the field?

Just throwing stuff at the wall here. I doubt they go with Huntley next year as their first option. Lamar might have played his last down for them, and Lance could be a nice athletic project who fits their particular offense.

Lance's future is gonna be a hot topic if the Niners win it all with Purdy.

Rex Ryan thinks the Ravens will trade Lamar this offseason.

TRM is right. The Ravens have from 2/25-3/7 and if they do, they own the rights to him, but have to pay him $45MM this year. For example if Jackson doesn't sign his franchise tag until the week before the first game, he can miss the entire preseason and still get paid the $45MM. That is what the Jets RB did. It is NOT a viable situation,

Jackson ISN'T going to get to FA, He's too valuable an asset. If they they don't come to a deal, then the Ravens will trade him and get a couple of first round picks.

But HERE's the problem with trading for Jackson. First you would have to change your offensive system and likely hire an OC from the ravens. 2nd you would have to spend a couple of years changing your offensive personal to fit the Ravens offense and find a Marc Andrews to boot.

Whatever new team spends the draft picks and cap room to get Jackson WILL get plenty of highlight reel film clips, but the question remains WILL they get any playoff wins for their trouble. IIRC this is the 2nd season Lamar didn't play in the playoffs, and his ONE win in 5 seasons isn't much of a resume. If it had been better, he's likely have had his new contract already,

They’ll Franchise him.

They certainly could, but would they spend 1/4 of their cap on just one player who may or may not be able to stay on the field, and may chose not to play this season?

Hell of a gamble if you ask me.

Just throwing stuff at the wall here. I doubt they go with Huntley next year as their first option. Lamar might have played his last down for them, and Lance could be a nice athletic project who fits their particular offense.

Lance's future is gonna be a hot topic if the Niners win it all with Purdy.

Purdy has the job for next year already IMO.

Lance to the Jests? Fine. He stinks.

Lamar to the Jests? Yes, please. Saddle that organization for 10 years with the ridiculous contract while he sits on IR more than not.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back