PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Lamar Jackson-Ravens Drama Could Ultimately Become Patriots Problem

The Jets are a QB graveyard. Pennington (outside of one great year), Favre, Sanchez, Geno, Fitzpatrick, Hackenburg, Darnold, and now Wilson. Free agency, the draft, it doesn't matter. They're losers. It is in the DNA of the franchise and while I am a fan of Jackson he would fail there too.

Nothing like a guy that quits on his team and refuses to play.
If that is the case (nothing indicates that), why would he put his health on the line when they refused to extend him and he is going into new contract negotiations? If he gets injured there is no chance he gets his contract.

If this is contract related, Ravens are only one to blame who failed to extend their very good young QB when every other franchise did just that.

If that is the case (nothing indicates that), why would he put his health on the line when they refused to extend him and he is going into new contract negotiations? If he gets injured there is no chance he gets his contract.

If this is contract related, Ravens are only one to blame who failed to extend their very good young QB when every other franchise did just that.
If the Ravens let him walk that is a colossal blunder on their part. They tailored their offense around him and would basically need to blow the whole thing up if he walks when as recently as Octobers they were buyers in the trade market.

If the Ravens let him walk that is a colossal blunder on their part. They tailored their offense around him and would basically need to blow the whole thing up if he walks when as recently as Octobers they were buyers in the trade market.
If they find a competent passer they'll be OK. Past 2 years they are averaging ~21ppg. Thats middling.

If they find a competent passer they'll be OK. Past 2 years they are averaging ~21ppg. Thats middling.
Without the threat of a QB who can burn you with the run that offense would be completely stagnant with that cast. Andrews is a good TE but has basically been erased without Lamar and those receivers and running backs as pedestrian as they get.

Reportedly he's legitimately injured. He doesn't seem like the type of player who would quit on his teammates either. But he needs to get away from Baltimore... that situation has run its course.

The Jets are a QB graveyard. Pennington (outside of one great year), Favre, Sanchez, Geno, Fitzpatrick, Hackenburg, Darnold, and now Wilson. Free agency, the draft, it doesn't matter. They're losers. It is in the DNA of the franchise and while I am a fan of Jackson he would fail there too.
Lamar Jackson would IMMEDIATELY make the Jets better than the Patriots. It would guarantee the Patriots no better than 3rd in the division. And Lamar is way better than that collection of stiffs you mention.

This is VERY boom or bust scenario from a Pats fan perspective. The boom is the Jets pay both the draft capital and gigantic contract for Lamar, the fanbase of the franchise has their hopes raised to levels not seen since Favre in 2008, and it all comes crashing down around them in a hilarious tragedy.

The bust is that they do this and it actually works out. In which case the Pats are in deeper trouble.

Without the threat of a QB who can burn you with the run that offense would be completely stagnant with that cast. Andrews is a good TE but has basically been erased without Lamar and those receivers and running backs as pedestrian as they get.
Yea and the production needs to be redistributed. Better RB. Better WR. TE2...

This is VERY boom or bust scenario from a Pats fan perspective. The boom is the Jets pay both the draft capital and gigantic contract for Lamar, the fanbase of the franchise has their hopes raised to levels not seen since Favre in 2008, and it all comes crashing down around them in a hilarious tragedy.

The bust is that they do this and it actually works out. In which case the Pats are in deeper trouble.
Jete tho.
Miami Dolphins GIF by Dolfans NYC

Reportedly he's legitimately injured. He doesn't seem like the type of player who would quit on his teammates either. But he needs to get away from Baltimore... that situation has run its course.

Lamar Jackson would IMMEDIATELY make the Jets better than the Patriots. It would guarantee the Patriots no better than 3rd in the division. And Lamar is way better than that collection of stiffs you mention.

Could just be a poor choice of words but this quote from Sammy Watkins doesn't help the perception. And I already felt he was sandbagging since they won't give him a fully guaranteed contract.

To be fair I believe he did suffer an injury but I don't think it was or is as bad as he has made it out to be.

I think the injury scared him a bit and he decided to shut it down so he was guaranteed to be healthy for Free Agency. And this is where I think he is foolish for not having an agent. Because a good agent would explain to him, that it is highly unlikely a team would give a fully guaranteed contract to a QB that relies upon his legs as much his arm who has missed 11 games the past two seasons and counting.

I am not a fan of Lamar and I also do not hate him. He has given our team fits.

Yes he has won so many playoff games for the Ravens, I would be truly worried if he went to the Jets.

He’s good. Maybe not elite. But good. So the best QB the Jets have literally ever had.

I don't believe LJ quit on his team at all. His playing style and the type of Injury he has he wouldn't be able to play his game! He would be hurting his team by actually playing. Now having his mother be his representative... God love his mom.... But you need to have an actual agent, I don't care how smart players believe they are You MUST have an agent negotiate your contract... the organization failed to come to terms with a new contract so this is on the organization not LJ.. I definitely don't want to see him in the AFC east!!!!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back