PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who returns punts for the Patriots in 2017?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which player(s) return punts for the Pats in 2017?

• Danny Amendola

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • D. J. Foster

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • James White

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Dion Lewis

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Patrick Chung

• A rookie on the offense

• A rookie on the defense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A veteran not currently on the roster

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • The Pats will fair catch every punt

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Burkhead as a punt return guy? As a receiving back he seems to have the skill set, shouldn't we see what we might have there before we spend roster spots getting exotic?

For that matter am i crazy or did James White return some kickoffs for us last year?

What's wrong with Burkhead as a punt return guy? As a receiving back he seems to have the skill set, shouldn't we see what we might have there before we spend roster spots getting exotic?

For that matter am i crazy or did James White return some kickoffs for us last year?
He's never done it.

So try it. Better than wasting resources on a guy who should be stocking shelves or selling insurance
I'm sure it has been or is being considered.

I'm sure it has been or is being considered.
I'm sure BB has all options on the table. I was just surprised it wasn't being thought of here when you have a guy who seems to have the required skills and may be battling for playing time.

I think it's a good thing to try and there seems to be little to lose. Give him a go in week one, if he can get it done against KC he can probably do it anywhere

Interesting..

The Dorsett trade has freed Danny Amendola for punt return duty.

He's perfect as a 5wr here. We don't need a superstar. Just someone reliable who can fill in. It seems like a no brainer

He got his shot and went down hill from there in the estimation of BB [it seemed]. There were other times he was available and needed. We've moved on, I guess.

Use Amendola in those PR "hands situations", where just making a clutch clean catch in a high pressure game situation is the ONLY important thing that matters. Any other time during the game, put in Foster or whoever.

I know a guy

He got his shot and went down hill from there in the estimation of BB [it seemed]. There were other times he was available and needed. We've moved on, I guess.
What was "downhill"?

What was "downhill"?

Down hill in usage and opinion of the team [hence the "moved on"], I'm guessing. I was a big fan of his fit and potential myself. It was quite obvious at least once when we needed a WR and he was available, we did not even inquire. Don't remember exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST