PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bernard Reedy promoted to active roster; may handle punt & kickoff returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still prefer to see Dola fair catching within the 15 yard line, as he is fairly sure handed and experienced. This could work out well for actual PR, though. If he’s able to return KOs too, all the better.

Apparently, Reedy had no fumbles with Tampa, but then he only had 33 total touches.

I haven't been able to find any fumble stats for Reedy at Toledo, but college fumble stats have been difficult to find in general.

Back at the very end of Camp, BB gave a lengthy ("Good question.") answer about the differences between punt returns and kick returns, emphasizing how much more involved the decision-making process is for punt returners, a process that's nearly always conducted under duress, and how it's significantly more difficult to set up a return in most cases.

Since then, the Pats have had 3-4 KR/PR types in for workouts. They had DeMarcus Ayers on the PS for awhile early in the season and McCarron has been on the PS since Sept 22nd. The fact that BB scooped up Reedy very quickly after he was waived by the Bucs, and has promoted him after a mere 10 days, seems to say a lot about what BB thinks of Reedy's abilities, smarts, ball security.

Grissom will take some of Exner's ST reps.

No doubt. Grissom (4.81/40) probably allows someone faster to take over Ebner's gunner reps ... King, JJ, maybe the new guy, Grigsby? His 40 time wasn't significantly slower than King's, and he had a pretty decent 6.90 3-cone.

Reedy is a stopgap for a few weeks. Amendola and Lewis will handle returns in the playoffs. I wouldn't get too attached to him.

Bolden or Chung will probably replace Ebner as personal protector.

My Magic Eight-Ball must be tuned to a different frequency. It keeps saying, "We'll see," wrt Reedy's future role.

BB's answer early this past week to a question about the PP role specifically mentioned both Chung and Richards. IIRC, Richards was in at PP for at least one or two of Allen's 3 punts against Miami.

If he is speedy AND TOUGH*, can he replace Ebner as a Gunner on the kickoff/puntING units as well?

*at 170 [175] lbs, can he tackle?

Ebner is the punt protector, easily the most difficult position on ST. He'll either be replaced by Chung or Richards.

Geno back? :eek:
Taking cover before my man, the Captain, finds out!

Worse yet, with both Reilly and Trey Flowers out, there's a decent chance that Grissom may get a few defensive snaps today - not really to rush, but to play edge-contain against Taylor.

If that actually happens, someone probably should do a "wellness check" on the Captain during the game.

Ahhh, remember back in July when the roster was so stacked that it was hard to imagine rookies or UFDA making the squad? Those were the days...

It's actually kind of interesting to see what Bill can do with other teams PS members and cuts. I don't think any other NFL coach could do it so well.

Worse yet, with both Reilly and Trey Flowers out, there's a decent chance that Grissom may get a few defensive snaps today - not really to rush, but to play edge-contain against Taylor.

If that actually happens, someone probably should do a "wellness check" on the Captain during the game.
As a rookie Grissom got a good amount of time as the guy who moves inside to DT on obvious passing downs.

Please support my man in his time of need for me.
I won't be in the game thread as I'm in FL and headed to a smoke filled sports bar on the island to watch the game.

Dobson....Chad Jackson....

Take that thing out of circulation immediately

Maybe the #17 is like the Sword in the Stone, just waiting for the "chose one" to come along?

Is he ReAdy? ba dum tss

Dion Lewis (5065), Danny Woodhead (5075) and Wes Welker (5086) all say Hi!

And what is the same about all three-four? Cast aside by OTHER teams-coaches-GMs and trusted or made into sought after talents by BB! That was my point, most teams go by the draft board technicals and not 'football player' skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe