PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who returns punts for the Patriots in 2017?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which player(s) return punts for the Pats in 2017?

• Danny Amendola

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • D. J. Foster

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • James White

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Dion Lewis

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Patrick Chung

• A rookie on the offense

• A rookie on the defense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A veteran not currently on the roster

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • The Pats will fair catch every punt

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Amendola is not durable.
Doesn't matter. Belichick has only ever bubble-wrapped one guy that I can remember, Rob Gronkowski, who might be the GOAT TE if he can stay on the field.

The answer is Danny Amendola. If you're afraid of injuries or people getting hit, you're watching the wrong sport.

Doesn't matter. Belichick has only ever bubble-wrapped one guy that I can remember, Rob Gronkowski, who might be the GOAT TE if he can stay on the field.

The answer is Danny Amendola. If you're afraid of injuries or people getting hit, you're watching the wrong sport.

Amendola is currently the #4 WR. The Week-1 health status of the #3, Mitchell, is uncertain at this point. Qnd there's currently no WR#5 behind them on the depth chart.

Patriots opponents punted 80 times in 2016. Pats players returned 45 of them. Cy Jones and Edelman combined to field 26 of those returns. Chung returned one, but also played 1006 defensive snaps and 201 ST snaps for the highest total snaps on the team.

If the Pats don't find another player who can return punts, one way or another, a key offensive or defensive player is going to be overloaded and put at further risk of being unavailable.

Amendola is currently the #4 WR. The Week-1 health status of the #3, Mitchell, is uncertain at this point. Qnd there's currently no WR#5 behind them on the depth chart.

Patriots opponents punted 80 times in 2016. Pats players returned 45 of them. Cy Jones and Edelman combined to field 26 of those returns. Chung returned one, but also played 1006 defensive snaps and 201 ST snaps for the highest total snaps on the team.

If the Pats don't find another player who can return punts, one way or another, a key offensive or defensive player is going to be overloaded and put at further risk of being unavailable.

The Patriots have consistently used starters on Special Teams over the Belichick era. Danny Amendola is no different. Julian Edelman was no different. You put your best players at the best position to win. Period.

If you're scared of injuries, again, you're in the wrong sport.

Gotta think at this point Foster makes the team, between the question marks at WR and the loss of PR with Jones' injury. Foster seems like the best choice to me.

The Patriots have consistently used starters on Special Teams over the Belichick era. Danny Amendola is no different. Julian Edelman was no different. You put your best players at the best position to win. Period.

If you're scared of injuries, again, you're in the wrong sport.

So, Amendola gets hurt. Who's the next man up for WR and punt returns?

DJ Foster would be my most likely choice among current roster players. Will Liking, who was a solid PR in college, is another possibility. I'm sure BB will also check out this weekend's cuts. I don't want Dola back there with JE gone for the season.

So, Amendola gets hurt. Who's the next man up for WR and punt returns?

Chung? Foster if he's here? I think they've been giving Lewis some run with PRs in practice?

I mean, you understand Amendola was out there with Cyrus Jones a good chunk of the time as the 'short guy' on PR, right?

SOMEONE has to return punts. You can't just rush 11 and have nobody back there. I would have the player who is best at it (Amendola) back there as the primary, and I'm pretty sure Belichick will too.

Our PR might be Keenan Reynolds, if we are the only team to claim him

Our PR might be Keenan Reynolds, if we are the only team to claim him

I would be ok with that, I think. I'd like to see if Belichick can develop the kid as a WR - and, you know, emergency QB and all that, always good to have.

Yeah, lets all celebrate that one of the most dynamic players on the team who has been pretty good in the return game in this preseason suffered a season ender. Great times..

He's still a headcase back there and I'm not celebrating anything. I hope he makes a quick and full recovery and hope he continues to have an NFL career on another team.

Edelman is not on IR yet. We just need someone to catch the ball. No contact.

would be great if Lewis or Foster could emerge there..

He's still a headcase back there and I'm not celebrating anything. I hope he makes a quick and full recovery and hope he continues to have an NFL career on another team.

Good thing you have the clarity to diagnose him as a headcase with limited exposure and from farther back than the coaching staff. I cant stand this scapegoating of C. Jones. By all accounts he had a great camp and preseason as returner. But what do those people know that are around him almost every day, right ?

Well, we didn't pick him up when he was cut last year, but last year we were not out of punt returners. I think he'd be terrific in that role. It is a long shot, though, in that with his build I don't really see him developing as a WR, just a KR/PR only. Kind of limits you, without versatility to man a position, if need be.

Well, we didn't pick him up when he was cut last year, but last year we were not out of punt returners. I think he'd be terrific in that role. It is a long shot, though, in that with his build I don't really see him developing as a WR, just a KR/PR only. Kind of limits you, without versatility to man a position, if need be.

Dont get me wrong I think he sounds intriguing but if Lombardi says that he wasnt a consideration during draft then I am not sure he will be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick