PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Else is Excited for the NFL Draft?

Damn!!!!

Can I hang out with you guys? I promise I can be cool!

I'm super pumped for the draft, but unfortunately haven't had as much time this year to dive into it like i have the past 3 years because of work

Love the draft board and prep!

Seems like most of the players in this draft are not at the level as previous drafts. Almost all have warts!

Next year’s draft is one to get excited about.

Seems like most of the players in this draft are not at the level as previous drafts. Almost all have warts!

Next year’s draft is one to get excited about.
And trade-ups will be cheaper than usual, which is why I wouldn’t be surprised to do it, to go get 1 or 2 they like a lot.

Wish I could get excited about it. Too many years of "Oh, he traded down AGAIN" and "Huh? Who the hell is THAT guy?" have left me a bit jaded.

The draft has become my favorite non GameDay event.

I wish I had friends like you tho bro @KDPPatsfan85 WOW... I'd be all over these draft parties.

I just usually drink too much and yell at the TV. Text group chats about how "insert patriot player drafted here" is destined to be the next goat.

Then I go to @BaconGrundleCandy and check his posts and make sure the guy we got is legit. If he isn't...I back track and let the fellas know I did some extra research and not to expect much.

My wife thinks I'm crazy when I'm jumping up and down and clapping and the only thing on TV is Mel Kiper talking. It's awesome.

Spreadsheets might do the same thing more efficiently, but nothing is quite as satisfying as a whiteboard.

Reactions: Ian
Damn!!!!

Can I hang out with you guys? I promise I can be cool!

I'm super pumped for the draft, but unfortunately haven't had as much time this year to dive into it like i have the past 3 years because of work

Love the draft board and prep!
I live in CT.

Reactions: Ian
Most years it is heartbreaking. On the first day all of your most hated teams pick up exciting players that you wish the patriots drafted high enough to get. Then at the end of the first round the patriots pick somebody that you never thought they would draft. Then the media tries to spin it like even though you’ve never heard of that player it’s brilliant. Sometimes in the second or third round they’ll pick someone that you might’ve heard about and you try to convince yourself it’s a great pick then comes to real heart break rounds four through seven when you’ve never heard of anybody. Then come to the realization that you’ve just wasted three days of your life without the patriots picking a real playmaker then comes depression

The draft is exciting if you pick in the top 10.

The draft is great, but day 1 is over the top IMO.

Each guy drafted has a montage building him up as a HOF lock. 3 or 4 years later, the same guy is selling used cars for a buck.

Wish I could get excited about it. Too many years of "Oh, he traded down AGAIN" and "Huh? Who the hell is THAT guy?" have left me a bit jaded.
"Oh he traded down AGAIN" years got to be the ones I liked, as I counted the future bounty. Everybody else is like "the future is now" he was like "Tom Brady is now, have fun spending first round picks they league keeps taking mine... but look I turned a 2 into a 1 next year."

Gotta admit I don't even know the name of a single college player this year. My fun is reading the meltdown posts on Patsfans by draftniks when their binkies are not drafted by BB and then some obscure to the cognoscenti player is picked by the Pats way too high. Good times!

The draft is great, but day 1 is over the top IMO.

Each guy drafted has a montage building him up as a HOF lock. 3 or 4 years later, the same guy is selling used cars for a buck.
You mean N'Keal Harry? :rofl:

I am a die hard when it comes to the draft. Getting ready for my Draft party that I haven't had since the Pandemic started. Here is my draft board and team needs! The stars on players I would want the Pats to draft.
I don't agree with your whole draft board, but kudos on the hard work. Let's hope BB and his scout team have done an even better job than 2020. It felt like he hadn't hit it out of the park like that for over a decade. We're going to need a repeat performance because this team has holes, as evidenced by our man-handling at the hands of the Bills last year on top of losing 2 pro bowl caliber players - CB JC Jackson and G Shaq Mason.

Not only that but Mac Jones still is lacking in the weapons department as N'Keal Harry again disappointed, Agholor was just decent instead of good, and nobody stood out as a #1 receiving threat last season.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back