PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Else is Excited for the NFL Draft?

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I am a die hard when it comes to the draft. Getting ready for my Draft party that I haven't had since the Pandemic started. Here is my draft board and team needs! The stars on players I would want the Pats to draft.

1650640323622.png
1650640352410.png

It is indeed a draft unlike any we have seen in recent history. No clear cut #1 (although the consensus seems to be landing on Hutchinson), potentially no ball handlers being taken in the top-10, several teams with multiple 1st rounders (which, of course, implies several teams with no first rounders).... I am looking forward to it.

I don’t wake to See My binkies go to other teams I’m ready to have my soul smashed.
Last year my QBs of choice were Davis Mills and Kellen Mond.
Partially because I never thought Mac would fall.
I was right about Mills so far Mond is a bench warmer.

This year I so locked on Jameson Williams and I’m ready to be hurt again.

Daaaaaamn Gina! Lotsa work out into tiny ass handwriting alone! Great lookin’ board. Wish I had folks like you around to enjoy **** like this in person. Bet you and your group have a great time.

I don’t wake to See My binkies go to other teams I’m ready to have my soul smashed.

I love the draft but it is anticlimactic. You wait four hours for a player to be picked that ends being no one you ever heard of. Then you spend the next two days hoping they finally draft someone you liked. Finally, the suspense of the UDFA's. Now you have to read everything you can find on each prospect. Meanwhile we are all whining and calling Bill incompetent. He still wins.

Yip pretty excited but not so much too stay up until 1 am just for the draft program to start , let alone the Pats pick (if it happens).

So sad to say its the record button for me then fast fwd in the morning (have to avoid all the phone messages and sports stations on tv)

Yip pretty excited but not so much too stay up until 1 am just for the draft program to start , let alone the Pats pick (if it happens).

So sad to say its the record button for me then fast fwd in the morning (have to avoid all the phone messages and sports stations on tv)
I'm taking that friday off of work so I can sleep in. I work at a middle school so I have to be up at 545am to get to work.

Fresh blood brings hopes. Hoping someone good slips to 21 or close and we trade up. I'm wishing with low expectations for Davis or Stingly.

Jameson isn't falling to us, unfortunately. I don't think we draft a WR until Round 2 or 3. I think we go OT, OG, LB, or CB in Round 1. I also think we trade down too.

I'm taking that friday off of work so I can sleep in. I work at a middle school so I have to be up at 545am to get to work.
I wish I could watch it live but just too late. I think this will be a very interesting draft and I just dont know which way the team will go. Even the 2nd to mid rounds should give us a chance at some good players....fingers crossed.

I used to be excited in my younger days like Christmas, but not so much anymore. However, the draft is still entertaining to watch at which team reaches and makes massive mistakes.

I used to be excited in my younger days like Christmas, but not so much anymore. However, the draft is still entertaining to watch at which team reaches and makes massive mistakes.
I am not only a die hard draft guy, I also do mocks, big boards, team needs, and scouting reports for E2G Sports.

@KDPPatsfan85 , my excitement level was like 5 out of 10....but now that I have seen your board...it's 10 out of 10...

I am ready to run through a wall for you, bro!

I think part of the problem is that the draft is now broken up into 3 days. Day 1 is kinda exciting okay..but short...and day 2 is the best for me, IMO..I am at work and tracking the picks. And day 3 is a Saturday....and I have better things to do after our 4th rounder is used.

In the old days, it was a massive day on Saturday with the first 3 rounds....then Sunday to wrap up...you could plan a Saturday around it..

With the overabundance of NFL Mock drafts dominating the internet and sports talk radio, at this point LFG!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back