PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which direction should we go in for QB next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What direction should we go in for QB next season?

• Keep Cam

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Trade for Matt Stafford or Watson

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Pick a rookie in the draft

Votes: 70 84.3%

• Total voters
I checked the few throws mac jones made.. they look pretty good.... who knows.. we might go the mac jones route.

Apparently the Patriots have talked to Mac Jones during the week at the senior bowl and he talked about it in the media! That pretty much garantie that the patriots will not draft him!

Apparently the Patriots have talked to Mac Jones during the week at the senior bowl and he talked about it in the media! That pretty much garantie that the patriots will not draft him!

haha that was my immediate thought

Jones has made a lot of one read throws in practice at the senior bowl.

where it gets scary is how long it takes him to move through his read progression in real games.

FYI: he is not getting five plus seconds to throw the ball in the pros.

If Belichick is so good at developing QBs what happened to Stidham, Garoppolo, Danny Etling, Jacoby Brissett, Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Cassell, Kevin O'Connell, Zac Robinson and Ryan Mallett?
Half of those guys started either here or elsewhere, the rest weren't anything more than designated backups.

More of our backups started in the NFL for one team or another than anyone else in the same era.

Half of those guys started either here or elsewhere, the rest weren't anything more than designated backups.

More of our backups started in the NFL for one team or another than anyone else in the same era.

People do not get this. It is remarkable to be picking at the end of each round and hit on the QB with more consistency than any other team. Is there a thread on this? No. Are there threads that we should sign other team's backups? Yes. And people get upset if you are skeptical of other team's one game "backup wonders".

Draft.

Watson would be an-arm-and-leg cost. Stafford is has been. Jimmy I think gets hurt too much.

If Belichick is so good at developing QBs what happened to Stidham, Garoppolo, Danny Etling, Jacoby Brissett, Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Cassell, Kevin O'Connell, Zac Robinson and Ryan Mallett?

Matt Cassel's 2008 season might be the best QB development job in NFL history.

And three of those QBs are now NFC West coaches (HC Kingsbury, OC O'Connell, WR coach Robinson).

You're stretching the word s t a r t e r pretty thin.

What separates Brady from all others isn't his coaching, it's his big brain. Even Bill said that he's never seen a QB who could process information as well as Tom.

Draft.

Watson would be an-arm-and-leg cost. Stafford is has been. Jimmy I think gets hurt too much.
Agree.

If we look at BBs philosophy, he likes to a) throw bodies at positions to b) let the competition sort it out and c) build in redundancy d) be cost-effective as much as possible.

I'm pretty confident BB will sign/trade for a vet and pick up a QB fairly high up in the draft.

Draft at this point...

I wouldn't be shocked if they go back to Cam.

Maybe get him an actual TE.

Financially, it makes the most sense to draft a QB and sign a low cost bridge vet (I would sign Fitz).

exactly this, but in this instance I wouldn’t draft a QB in the first round and see what we can pick up in the 2nd.

More chance of pitts being there at 15 than one of the top 3 QB’s. I’d also rather trade up for him than any of those QB’s tbh.

I checked the few throws mac jones made.. they look pretty good.... who knows.. we might go the mac jones route.
The Mac Attack is coming

I wouldn't be shocked if they go back to Cam.

Maybe get him an actual TE.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's looking likely that jimmy G stays in San Fran unless they find someone better.

So other options are Mariota, Brissett(a rich mans 2020 cam newton) or cam newton again.

I don’t believe that they really feel this way at all. Just trying to get his price down if he becomes available.

I think chances are 50-50 JG is starting week 1 for the Pats.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's looking likely that jimmy G stays in San Fran unless they find someone better.

So other options are Mariota, Brissett(a rich mans 2020 cam newton) or cam newton again.

I would prefer Brisset over Cam by a mile but it’s the same as Garoppolo if Indy cannot find a better option they will keep Brisset.

I would prefer Brisset over Cam by a mile but it’s the same as Garoppolo if Indy cannot find a better option they will keep Brisset.

there might not be as much movement as we think this offseason. Saints probably stick with Winston, as you said Colts might stick with Brisset.

I do wonder Bill and the patriots internal evluations on Cam newton. my eye test tells me he is shot. But if Bill brings in quality wide receivers/tight ends via the draft and free agency how does bill feel?

Those of you who want Ryan Fitzpatrick as a bridge QB.. He has 0 playoff appearances.

The Pats are not getting JG.

They are really f****d @ the QB position.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back