PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which direction should we go in for QB next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What direction should we go in for QB next season?

• Keep Cam

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Trade for Matt Stafford or Watson

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Pick a rookie in the draft

Votes: 70 84.3%

• Total voters

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The reason I think the BB vs TB argument is stupid is because I think BB developed TB12 as a player, he wouldnt be who he is today without Bill. Maybe we can develop another QB by picking one in the draft? Or do you think we should trade for a veteran?

Draft. Go young. Grab a DT or WR (unless Wilson falls) with 15 and take one in the second round. If you don’t get one this year, sign a veteran like Alex Smith and target one next year in the draft. I would not overpay for either Watson or Stafford.

Trade a 1 to miami for Tua
Miami trades three 1's to houston for Watson
Houston rebuilds with 3 first rounders.

Draft. Go young. Grab a DT or WR (unless Wilson falls) with 15 and take one in the second round. If you don’t get one this year, sign a veteran like Alex Smith and target one next year in the draft. I would not overpay for either Watson or Stafford.

i think someone else is going to overpay for watson AND stafford, and that might bring some interesting options

i don't see a QB i'd take in the first two picks unless this draft board goes nuts......

2022 QB class is a little more interesting, no?

Not reaching for Mac Jones at 15 hopefully.

i think someone else is going to overpay for watson AND stafford, and that might bring some interesting options

i don't see a QB i'd take in the first two picks unless this draft board goes nuts......

2022 QB class is a little more interesting, no?
It’s deeper for sure. I wouldn’t mind either Trask or Jones if Wilson is gone. I’m not sold on Lance. Not enough of a body of work for me to judge him on.

I am firmly in the camp that this is at least a two year rebuild and I’d rather draft a QB we can develop and build around as we reload

the QB market is going to be VERY volatile headed into the draft

BR and Brees still unknown.....teams like the Colts and 49ers looking to possibly upgrade immediately......so many cap haves and have nots, lots of high QB contracts coming into a year when the cap drops

going to be very, very busy headed into the draft i think

i can see the colts being major players, and it wouldn't shock me if they went back to brissett and spent heavily around him.....

right now i don't see enough QB value dropping down to the 15th pick to see the pats take one there...this might be the year they look to build around a mid level vet and either try and draft young deeper into the draft, or wait to make a play next year with a potentially less volatile QB market

Draft. Don’t want to trade draft capital for a QB on the back 9 of his career.

I am firmly in the camp that this is at least a two year rebuild and I’d rather draft a QB we can develop and build around as we reload

but is that guy going to be in this draft for the pats is my big question

The reason I think the BB vs TB argument is stupid is because I think BB developed TB12 as a player, he wouldnt be who he is today without Bill. Maybe we can develop another QB by picking one in the draft? Or do you think we should trade for a veteran?
If it were that easy to develop QBs, then we'd already have a new QB.

Stidham, Brissett, Garoppolo, Mallet, O'Connell, Davey.

These 6 guys were all drafted AFTER Brady. They were all drafted EARLIER than Brady. They didn't develop into much of anything, and we don't even know if Garoppolo will be a starter next year. Nor has any other coach developed a player like Brady.

I'm still shocked when people doubt Brady on this board.

but is that guy going to be in this draft for the pats is my big question
I mean who knows. Maybe he’s not, but what if the team is good enough to get wildcard at 9-7 next year and then all of a sudden they are out of position to draft anybody. This is the likely the best shot they have to getting a top 4 QB in the draft

If it were that easy to develop QBs, then we'd already have a new QB.

Stidham, Brissett, Garoppolo, Mallet, O'Connell, Davey.

These 6 guys were all drafted AFTER Brady. They were all drafted EARLIER than Brady. They didn't develop into much of anything, and we don't even know if Garoppolo will be a starter next year. Nor has any other coach developed a player like Brady.

I'm still shocked when people doubt Brady on this board.
Stidham is worse than Mallett unfortunately. JG would have panned out here.

I mean who knows. Maybe he’s not, but what if the team is good enough to get wildcard at 9-7 next year and then all of a sudden they are out of position to draft anybody. This is the likely the best shot they have to getting a top 4 QB in the draft

next year looks to be a deeper QB class, without that true top end talent like this year......if league wide need is less than this year, that might be the draft for a low 1st/high 2nd round QB

barring that draft shakeup, i just don't see the guy they need at 15.....and not sure there'll be anyone they can build around down in the draft

a lot depends on what shakes out predraft QB wise....there's teams and players that need to make decisions on old vets, and there' vets on the trading block that need to shake out

if the pats are looking at a quick return to glory, we might see a higher end vet come in.....who knows, there's lost of roster need, lots of $$, our highest draft pick in some time, and lots of teams with the QB need this year

next year looks to be a deeper QB class, without that true top end talent like this year......if league wide need is less than this year, that might be the draft for a low 1st/high 2nd round QB

barring that draft shakeup, i just don't see the guy they need at 15.....and not sure there'll be anyone they can build around down in the draft

a lot depends on what shakes out predraft QB wise....there's teams and players that need to make decisions on old vets, and there' vets on the trading block that need to shake out

if the pats are looking at a quick return to glory, we might see a higher end vet come in.....who knows, there's lost of roster need, lots of $$, our highest draft pick in some time, and lots of teams with the QB need this year
I really like Zach Wilson but I dont think hes going to be there at 15. BB doesnt typically like to trade up

I want that April Super Bowl this time! Lol

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back