PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which direction should we go in for QB next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What direction should we go in for QB next season?

• Keep Cam

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Trade for Matt Stafford or Watson

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Pick a rookie in the draft

Votes: 70 84.3%

• Total voters
is josh allen a serviceable starter remains to be seen.......gotta have the roster around him, i think that bills roster was exposed to a certain extent
Gotta have a roster around him. Brilliant. Who doesn't?

Draft a QB in the 1st round and play him. Use the saved money from that to get FA and build the team. A 1st round QB is rarely is a miss these days . The issue is with that is they will have no QB until the draft on the roster which is scary.

There are plenty of 1st round QB busts in the last few years. Dwyane haskins was #15 pick. If it's so easy every team would have a starting caliber QB.

I see a draft day trade at the latest when the QB carousel starts. I see Ryan/Stafford/Jimmy or they use #15th pick on a QB. I would not be shocked if Bill finally trades up if a QB he likes is available.

I see a draft day trade at the latest when the QB carousel starts. I see Ryan/Stafford/Jimmy or they use #15th pick on a QB. I would not be shocked if Bill finally trades up if a QB he likes is available.
I do not think that the Ryan, Stafford or Jimmy will be available at the time of the draft. We will have our veteran signed for a month by then,

Draft. Don’t want to trade draft capital for a QB on the back 9 of his career.
The purpose of draft capital isn't just to have draft capital. Sooner or later you have to use it to try and win football games.

This has probably been posted many times but wanted to share. I wonder how much this has changed in 30 years, especially with all the rule changes. It's easy to make the Cam throwing jokes, but the guy threw 68% and 66% the last 2 full-ish years (although the eye test didn't believe that many times), NOT that I'm advocating for his return. I like how "Score" was #4 on the list of Offense - to be successful must be able to.

EUdZeahU4AUCVzK.jpegEUdZec8UYAAJh4C.jpeg

This has probably been posted many times but wanted to share. I wonder how much this has changed in 30 years, especially with all the rule changes. It's easy to make the Cam throwing jokes, but the guy threw 68% and 66% the last 2 full-ish years (although the eye test didn't believe that many times), NOT that I'm advocating for his return. I like how "Score" was #4 on the list of Offense - to be successful must be able to.

View attachment 30014View attachment 30015
Well Cam is totally the opposite of what Bill wrote there under QB

is josh allen a serviceable starter remains to be seen.......gotta have the roster around him, i think that bills roster was exposed to a certain extent
Josh Allen is a very solid young QB whose best days are ahead of him. I don't know if he's quite elite, but at this point he's already borderline elite and he's got room to grow.

Allen is easily one of the top 3 QB in the AFC right now, I have him at #2 behind Mahomes. He's very, very good.

No matter what we do at QB, the Bills are going to be a tough nut for several years.

The reason I think the BB vs TB argument is stupid is because I think BB developed TB12 as a player, he wouldnt be who he is today without Bill. Maybe we can develop another QB by picking one in the draft? Or do you think we should trade for a veteran?
If Belichick is so good at developing QBs what happened to Stidham, Garoppolo, Danny Etling, Jacoby Brissett, Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Cassell, Kevin O'Connell, Zac Robinson and Ryan Mallett?

PLaY StiDhaM anD seE whAt hE's GoT I sWaRe hE iS GoOd I jUSt KnOw It!1111!11 :D
Nobody has ever saiid that, nor is anybody saying that now either.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Whenever Bill has a position to fill he drafts one, brings in a value vet and also an UDFA pick to cover all bases. Doesn’t matter the position. You never rely on one avenue.
But he didn't do that this past season, so...

If I had to choose one qb next year that would start for us it would probably be Watson....Cam is not the answer and I don't think we'll be able to draft an impact qb at 15.

I would like to see the D-line, LB, TE and WR positions handled BEFORE we start either reaching for a crappy 4th round QB or trading 15 picks for Watson or 6 picks for Stafford.
If you trade away picks for these guys we will be the Texans...
Bring back Cam!

As long as the QBs first name doesn't start with C or the last name starts with G, I think we'll be happy.. :D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What does a post from mid 2020 have to do with anything but your absurd hatred for Stidham?? You're worse than a broken clock.. At least it tells the correct time twice a day..

What does a post from mid 2020 have to do with anything but your absurd hatred for Stidham?? You're worse than a broken clock.. At least it tells the correct time twice a day..
I don't hate Stidham or anyone.

i think the first thing we should do is fire BB. Or trade him for running this franchise to the ground. Then trust the next coach or GM to find the next QB.
just for the folks who might have not gotten it - it was sarcasm :)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back