PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where have all the b1tchers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bricks:

Yes, that's exactly it. For the past 15 months, I've been the biggest Patriots homer on the internet. I'm all about shining Belichick's shoes rather than trying for honest and objective appraisal.

Weren't you the first person to praise the Seymour trade? HOMER!

;)

It was a decent draft but BB did not go out and get a premier pass rusher even though he had extra picks to work a deal with.
Another glaring weakness is the running game and that did not get addressed either.
Passed on quality WR's like Golden Tate to take a project.
Could have gotten a lot more bang with fewer picks by trading up.
A decent draft.
Upgraded LB and TE.
Problem with the upgrade at LB is that ILB Spikes is much more pro-ready and will have more impact on stopping the run than improving the pass rush with a projected "work in progress" like OLB Cunningham.
I'm glad we got Spikes and I think he's a player.
The immediate problem is that Cunninghan is not a "player" at this point and strengthening his position is the much bigger need on defense .
A decent draft.

All at Fred & Steve's Restaurant ordering a fine meal of CROW.

I have to admit, I was starting to change my opinion of BB after this draft. Thursday night I was in the Patriots.com chat room and some of the people in there were just incensed over what was going on. Then, it seemed every time I tuned in last night or today, they were sending another pick away... I was starting to think "What's the point of having more and more picks if there's no one left worth picking?"

But then tonight I went on to NFL.com and found this article: Always-aggressive Patriots continue to rely on draft-day trades

At least one pundit thinks BB made some good moves.

And then I went and read up on these guys, again on NFL.com, and was quite surprised. None of them are perfect, but the overviews were far more positive than negative. I'm still not ready to declare the Pats favorites to win XLV, but the new squad looks about as solid (at least at this early date) as some of the others that have gone deep into the playoffs.

What, one good draft day and all of you b1tches head for the hills? What, nothing to say now that BB might not have "lost it"? Gee, please come back with an 86 page thread about Dez Bryant.

I've been lurking for a long time now because I can't stand to post amongst the gripers-for-the-sake-of-griping. This board has been in need of some serious moderation lately, and for some reason it's been absent. Maybe BB has provided it himself.

Yeah, I know I'm just a stupid homer and GFY and whatnot.

Welcome to the new Pats!

PJ, I don't know if there are alot of whiners, but I do know New England sports fans are the most knowledgeable in the country. Point being, the Patriots just had a tremendous draft and most people know it. Not much to whine about. :)

I posted in the Draft section a few days ago that McCourty was my favorite CB, so I'm on cloud nine. I also had a Taylor Price binky, so right now BB is KING to me. I was not then on the Gronk bandwagon because of his back, but seeing his reaction, and listening to him say his back issue should never be discussed again because it's old news has made me excited.

I am peaking down out my OURLADS Draft Guide and they had McCourty as the #2 CB in the draft, Gronk the #2 TE in the draft, Hernandez the #3 TE in the draft, Mesko the #1 punter in the draft, and Spikes the #2 ILB in the draft. Kiper loves them too, and even has both Cunningham and Price rated highly. Guess what? Our team got all of them!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't expect to hear alot of complainers about this draft. Dang, I'm pumped!

Thank you Patjew! Thank you thank you.

The Globe and Herald sites were making me boil... glad I found this place to get all sides of the story and not just people who would give Ivan the Terrible a race to claim the title of "reactionary".

This was a solid draft, and solid is good. As noted by others here, the players picked were often leaders - smart, tough, reliable. For the most part (basically everyone but Spikes and the late OL/DL) team speed was also upgraded. The bottom line is, nobody really knows. Right now the case could be made with a straight face that all 255 guys taken today will make rosters. The case could be made that all 255 could be busts. The truth is somewhere in between, as always.

I frantically surfed the message boards on the Globe and Herald today and found... silence. It was beautiful to see so much (unexplainable and kinda disturbing) rage diffused so quickly with a couple TEs and LBs taken... as if the Patriots were drafting in the first round just to p%$# all of us off, and in the later draft were finally doing what all of us wanted. I get the strange suspicion that it's not about us at all. :rolleyes:

PJ...thats pretty big of you to "lay low" while legitimate BB critics are out here raising valid points.

You have to be out of your mind (which maybe you are) if you think this draft will change the Patriots descent into third place and mediocrity.
This draft class is a C+ at best and is being wildly overrrated on this board.

Certainly other drafts with less to work with have been better than this group of questionable picks. Other than the 2 TEs...this group of picks is pretty weak and when you think of all the incredible talent passed over...in a few years you will be looking back at this draft as a missed opportunity.

Lastly, once again PATS missed opportunities to pick up good veteran talent at discount prices...like Lendale White for a 5th...

This draft has changed nothing...Patriots will be a third place team next year

For the love is all that's Brady, are you still pretending to be a Pats fan? The least you could do is change your name and start over again. Come on, be a professional for once.

I noticed you didn't bother to actually address his points, so I will ask you: is it possible for the team to make any moves which disappoint you?

It is for me. They made one on Thursday. And though they're not infallible, I trust their opinions alot more than any of ours. Look, if people like to gripe that's fine. What wears thin is the constant *****ing by some and the pretending to be fans by others.

I'm all for these types of threads, but I think we need some links to other threads of people b1tching so they can be held accountable

PJ...thats pretty big of you to "lay low" while legitimate BB critics are out here raising valid points.

You have to be out of your mind (which maybe you are) if you think this draft will change the Patriots descent into third place and mediocrity.
This draft class is a C+ at best and is being wildly overrrated on this board.

Certainly other drafts with less to work with have been better than this group of questionable picks. Other than the 2 TEs...this group of picks is pretty weak and when you think of all the incredible talent passed over...in a few years you will be looking back at this draft as a missed opportunity.

Lastly, once again PATS missed opportunities to pick up good veteran talent at discount prices...like Lendale White for a 5th...

This draft has changed nothing...Patriots will be a third place team next year
I do wonder if I have found my first candidate for chat forum ignore function ever. Down with the bloody Red Jets Queen.

This is from a Chiefs fan over on ChiefsPlanet. Apparently we're not the only messageboard with these kind of issues.

That's what this board does well..get pissed without being able to admit that our instincts aren't nearly as informed as a highly paid staff of football professionals with a big-picture plan and a ****-ton more information.

I used to like draft day because it offers hope for the future each year. But ChiefsPlanet's (or PatsFans), despite the great collection of links and information, really destroys that positive vibe. Not because everyone is down, but more because so many obviously superficially knowledgeable (at best) people get are intent on bringing EVERYONE down because their inflated egos weren't satisfied by an alternate set of choices made by Pioli (Belichick), etc.

I don't know WTF I'm talking about, and if everyone who posted on here started with that as a premise this place would be a lot better during draft.

yeah, but those guys at chiefsplanet are probably on the mark about their team sucking.

yeah, but those guys at chiefsplanet are probably on the mark about their team sucking.

Just reading through some of their threads I have a newfound appreciation for last years over .500 record. They haven't won a playoff game since JOE MONTANA was the QB there.

This is from a Chiefs fan over on ChiefsPlanet. Apparently we're not the only messageboard with these kind of issues.

The people who complain about the griping here have no idea how much easier the Patsfans.com crowd is on the team and coaches than the posters on the sites of other teams. Chiefsplanet is just one example.

Last edited:
The people who complain about the griping here have no idea how much easier the Patsfans.com crowd is on the team and coaches than the posters on the sites of other teams. Chiefsplanet is just one example.

That may be true, but let's remember that everyone else sucks and we're great.

I tried that with my ex-wife..."yeah,hon ..I'm great and you suck.."

woke up with divorce papers superglued to my forehead

I tried that with my ex-wife..."yeah,hon ..I'm great and you suck.."

woke up with divorce papers superglued to my forehead

Did you make sure you had a .700 winning percentage before you said this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes